• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So at this stage, we're looking reasonably well covered except missing a striker and a keeper.
Keeper is probably more important - our existing strikers MIGHT be able to get us by with a better midfield, and our new midfield should be able to score some goals, but no real striker will still hurt us.

Pirate Pete

So at this stage, we're looking reasonably well covered except missing a striker and a keeper.
Keeper is probably more important - our existing strikers MIGHT be able to get us by with a better midfield, and our new midfield should be able to score some goals, but no real striker will still hurt us.

Providing the Korean boys sign.
As for the keeper it was mentioned very briefly at the fans forum that we had a keeper.
So the questions are really.
Is the keeper a done deal and arriving soon?
Has it fallen through and they're not telling us?
Is the keeper Pearce?

With the present squad I see very few goals coming for us.
And with us concentrating on not conceding.

turbo

Keeper is probably more important
Agreed, it's not pretty but you can grind out games and Adelaide did alright this season without a recognised striker.

Is the keeper Pearce?
I think if they've said they have a keeper they might have been referring to Pearce being locked in so we definitely have a keeper but not necessarily first choice. Otherwise it doesnt make much sense for the player not to be here already and you'd think someone would have spilled the beans by now. If the visa striker is true it narrows our possibilities for a proven keeper.

turbo

You would hope Mumford is one of those
I thought we had him lined up for NYL. From what people are saying about him hopefully the new keeping coach can assess him and get him locked in as a talent to develop. I don't think it would be fair to either him or Pearce to have them both in the senior team competing for the starting spot. One of them might make the grade but it would be very risky.

Pirate Pete

Agreed, it's not pretty but you can grind out games and Adelaide did alright this season without a recognised striker.

I think if they've said they have a keeper they might have been referring to Pearce being locked in so we definitely have a keeper but not necessarily first choice. Otherwise it doesnt make much sense for the player not to be here already and you'd think someone would have spilled the beans by now. If the visa striker is true it narrows our possibilities for a proven keeper.

iirc it was sort of mumbled between Staj & Anton that we have a keeper and then not dwelled upon.
Quickly on to the next bit.

pjennings

iirc it was sort of mumbled between Staj & Anton that we have a keeper and then not dwelled upon.
Quickly on to the next bit.
That was the first bit which I had assumed meant Pearce. He did say we will be signing 4 more visa players. He also said another keeper.

priorpeter

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere in here, but the North Shore Mariners’ first grade keeper has been training with us. Not sure if this would be for a youth spot (he’s 19), or if it’s just a token part of the partnership

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Providing the Korean boys sign.
As for the keeper it was mentioned very briefly at the fans forum that we had a keeper.
So the questions are really.
Is the keeper a done deal and arriving soon?
Has it fallen through and they're not telling us?
Is the keeper Pearce?

With the present squad I see very few goals coming for us.
And with us concentrating on not conceding.
I feel like all our hopes for this season are currently resting on the Korean boys.
If we don't get them.....I'll have to watch more BBL this summer.

FFC Mariner

I expect getting a release might be proving harder than 1st thought maybe?

Is the uninjured one able to have a run on Saturday do we know?

pinklady

I've heard that both will be playing on Saturday. If they haven't been signed as yet then they should be able to play as triallists.

Michael

Neither of them are injured? One had a broken leg months ago but is totally fine now. Shaun said as much and they’ve been seen training regularly. I’d expect them to play on Saturday, maybe the club is just waiting to pair the announcement with another bit of positive news. Or whatever clearances needed are taking slightly longer as you said.

turbo

Roar rumoured to be signing All Whites keeper Max Crocombe. I would expect as a visa player he will start so that leaves the form keeper from last year Jamie Young as second-string. Definitely worth a having a go for Jamie.
I don’t get that signing unless they’re looking to sell Young. Why waste a visa slot or bench an expensive clear first team keeper? Also thought they had filled their visa slots already but could be mistaken. I’d be over the moon if we landed Young but it seems more likely he’d be off to somewhere on a transfer fee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred