• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

shipwreck

Yeh so stripping Simon of captaincy is a pretty big statement, but it's a statement that needs to be made. I'm sure it's happened before, a club veteran is no longer a starter and therefore is not appropriate to be a captain (even tho we have agreed that's not really the reason...)

turbo

Yeh so stripping Simon of captaincy is a pretty big statement, but it's a statement that needs to be made
I’m expecting the club will praise Matty and keep him in the leadership group but from a branding perspective we really need to look at a new face for the club and ideally a fresh home kit to go with it. Obviously it will take more than a coat of paint to move past our previous performances but if they can push that it’s a new era for us under Staj it’ll be an important message internally as well as externally. Then hopefully they turn that in to some wins and a decent spot on the ladder.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yeh so stripping Simon of captaincy is a pretty big statement, but it's a statement that needs to be made. I'm sure it's happened before, a club veteran is no longer a starter and therefore is not appropriate to be a captain (even tho we have agreed that's not really the reason...)
Yep, the Woy Woy Windmill lost me almost from the start of the year, and then came the spray from hell and that settled it for me, bench him or sack him Staj.... Give the armband to someone who isn't a temperamental shit

Michael

I’d pass on Burns, was once a fantastic player. But some poor career choices chasing money over quality has 1000% evidently killed his passion.

midfielder

Personally I would rather go with the strikers we have and the money not spend on a player like Burns put to getting a better keeper.

If I look at our strikers Matty aside, they are young, keen, and if we create enough for them they should score... Sam Silvera has huge potential and Murry has shown he can score if feed ...

The Seoul Brothers, and DDS [ DDS is quality me thinks he listened to the wrong people when here last time], and if Oar can recover from injury we should have a midfield capable of creating for strikers and if I am honest in DDS, Oar & one of the Seoul Brothers we have mids that have shots at goal as well...

Burns would have to come at a bargain basement price for me ... to even consider him...

pjennings

Personally I would rather go with the strikers we have and the money not spend on a player like Burns put to getting a better keeper.

If I look at our strikers Matty aside, they are young, keen, and if we create enough for them they should score... Sam Silvera has huge potential and Murry has shown he can score if feed ...

The Seoul Brothers, and DDS [ DDS is quality me thinks he listened to the wrong people when here last time], and if Oar can recover from injury we should have a midfield capable of creating for strikers and if I am honest in DDS, Oar & one of the Seoul Brothers we have mids that have shots at goal as well...

Burns would have to come at a bargain basement price for me ... to even consider him...

That sums it up for me as well - worth it if cheap - but there are other priorities. Alen mention a squad of 20-21 players.

In our current 19 players (17 signed plus the two Korean triallists) we currently only have 1 keeper and 5 defenders, Clisby, Gallifuoco, Rowles, Tongyik and Gordon. I think we need at least 1 more here. Ideally a new keeper, plus a CB/RB (in the pre-injuries Rhys Williams mould) that can cover for Ziggy without weakening our defensive pair from what we currently have. Ziggy can apparently play LB

Last edited:

turbo

He is someone that can play across the backline but primarily a RB. But what happens when GG is injured and Ziggy moves inside. Who covers at RB.

If that happens with the players we have so far I’d expect to see Tongyik come in to CB. Possibly the same if Ziggy was injured and GG needed to move out to cover. He could also come in to CB if Rowles or Clisby is injured - the latter pulling Rowles out to the left. But that’s a lot of chopping and changing. Some depth in RB would allow Ziggy some flexibility to move across the line. We shouldn’t need to spend a fortune on that.

FFC Mariner

If that happens with the players we have so far I’d expect to see Tongyik come in to CB. Possibly the same if Ziggy was injured and GG needed to move out to cover. He could also come in to CB if Rowles or Clisby is injured - the latter pulling Rowles out to the left. But that’s a lot of chopping and changing. Some depth in RB would allow Ziggy some flexibility to move across the line. We shouldn’t need to spend a fortune on that.
Disagree - I think we need to splash on a Patrick type player to guide the back line. However, with Pearce in goal that becomes irrelevant

turbo

Disagree - I think we need to splash on a Patrick type player to guide the back line. However, with Pearce in goal that becomes irrelevant
I’d be very happy for that to happen, I was talking about what we have available now. But at the same time I don’t think some inexpensive depth to cover RB would be a bad idea anyway as only having five defenders in a probable back four is asking for trouble via injury/suspension/poor form

pjennings

I’d be very happy for that to happen, I was talking about what we have available now. But at the same time I don’t think some inexpensive depth to cover RB would be a bad idea anyway as only having five defenders in a probable back four is asking for trouble via injury/suspension/poor form

We were trialling Josh Wilkins at one stage. Would have come in as a mature age rookie.

Wombat

Pearce will not be in goal. I'm tipping the 3rd spot will be taken buy our youth keeper Munford (who is better than Pearce and cheaper than wasting money on a 3rd keeper like Gauci who never played a game).
Even the Mariners understand you need a first 11 keeper.

FFC Mariner

Pearce will not be in goal. I'm tipping the 3rd spot will be taken buy our youth keeper Munford (who is better than Pearce and cheaper than wasting money on a 3rd keeper like Gauci who never played a game).
Even the Mariners understand you need a first 11 keeper.
Mumford isnt even close to being ready for AL but he shits all over Pearce. I hope this isnt an "even we wouldnt be so stupid" post........This is CCM here you know

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred