• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

FFC Mariner

The scary thing that the club probably dont get is that these rusted on ex fans are hurt. Not pissed off with results but feel burnt by the club. Geting them back wont be easy - if it can be done at all
Glory hunters who will turn up if we go ok are one thing - burning your core is another

Corsair

I couldn't even get my friend to come to the Sydney game with me for free... before this season he'd been a member for 7 years.

2 spoons is bad enough, a 3rd will sound the death knell.

Corsair

Yeah i meant 3 in a row but i take your point...4 is even worse.

I wonder how far off the spoon we are mathematically this season.

I wonder if at some point the administration staff would also come under scrutiny not just the players and coaching staff.

Tim

I have read that MC is worth approx. 12million (not sure if GBP or AUD but presume it’s the former). If so, a tidy sum indeed but perhaps not sufficient funds to run a successful FC (you know the old adage, if you want to make a small fortune in sport, start with a large fortune). Anton, on the other hand, is reputedly worth approx. AUD$70million, clearly knows how to make a dollar in the market and has a self-professed love of football. I’m hopeful that he will, ultimately, buy a half share or more in the club and we will be in better hands moving forward. This is just my hope and presumably Anton is undertaking significant due diligence as his involvement in the club increases. I for one am grateful to MC for keeping us afloat but am equally frustrated that we have not been competitive for 5 years. That said, if we can attract some additional investment on the back of Anton and perhaps his connections then I hope we have a decent future based on the coast.

As for fans who have abandoned the club, I appreciate the frustration but you can never give up on your club! I am a (Balmain) Wests Tigers fan and recall a period of 1991-2004 where the club didn’t make the finals and never really looked like it. Then 2005 happened (premiership) and I’m forever grateful I stuck with them. Good things sometimes take time (which is not easy to accept I appreciate)...

Ozhammer

The story I got was that ih he stayed he would not have sole control over recruiting after the Asdrubal debacle. Basically for him to be of a recruitment committee similar to what Staj is part of now. He of course would have known that the writing was on the wall. He didn't want to live with those conditions and took the opportunity to "consider his options" Sounds very much like he was presented with the gun and ammunition and he was encouraged to 'make the correct decision" Whether that is the truth of the matter I guess we will never know.
My understanding (which I genuinely believe to be correct), is that the club wanted to fire Okon due to the results he achieved and other internal issues but allowed him the face-saving courtesy of being able to resign.

Forum Phoenix

Are they even right? Says Simon got 11 last year...I've blocked out that season but it's way over isn't it?

Yeah don’t know where 11 cane form, pretty sure he got 7 last year. Few pens. Few from open play.

3 so far this season I think. Which makes him our leading goal scorer? Or does Milan have 4? So depressing.

Big Al

Our squad is still very weak mentally. the inconsistency is obvious.
staj knew this and said he’d fix it. He hasn’t. I think he underestimated a few things, like a proper defense and quality wingers.

he better get it right in the off-season

AuzDutchy

Has Kye reached his peak and won’t be top shelf or still needs that proper CB next to him to teach him and guide him?
At 21 yrs old, with 3 seasons and more than 30 appearances, you would expect him to be much more solid than he has shown. I feel like he shouldnt need an older player next to him.

Big Al

At 21 yrs old, with 3 seasons and more than 30 appearances, you would expect him to be much more solid than he has shown. I feel like he shouldnt need an older player next to him.
The age has me say he needs a more experienced CB

His frame say he needs a physical CB next to him

but he was good ball control and works hard. Just something is either missing or needs guidance

jacobsfl

I don't mind Tongyik, but someone needs to pull his head in. He continues to overcommit to tackles which lead to us being outnumbered at the back.

Rowles is sound despite the odd error or mistimed challenge

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami