• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Part of their train on squad
If they aren’t willing to pay a fee for him we shouldn’t let him go and it says how much they value him if they won’t. Better off staying here for another season and cementing his status as a first team/super sub player in the A league,

Insertnamehere

If they aren’t willing to pay a fee for him we shouldn’t let him go and it says how much they value him if they won’t. Better off staying here for another season and cementing his status as a first team/super sub player in the A league,
100%. Get game time as a first teamer, earn it. Opens more doors that way. Rather than goinf, flopping and taking any gig or limping back home in 3-5years.
Also has another 2 years. So like it or lump it LAFC gotsta pay.

Last edited:

shipwreck

I've got a bad feeling were going to let him go for peanuts as the sacrificial lamb to open up this partnership with LAFC...

Wombat

I've got a bad feeling were going to let him go for peanuts as the sacrificial lamb to open up this partnership with LAFC...

f**k that. Kid is worth a $1mill easy. If we keep him 2 years we will get offers for $3 or 4 million.
Leeds paid $7 mill pounds ($13m) for Patrick Bamford. While he would be a boss in the HAL he is not top drawer in the Championship.
Silvera has the potential to be better than Bamford.
We dont need to sell him so unless the deal is sweet.......Soccerball USA can f**k right off!

Pikey might not be to our liking but he is not stupid. He even sold Appiah to another club for good coin FFS.

Big Al

Hey guys, all I know is that out of the 3 trialist (Sam, BWP and Diaz) Diaz has left the camp. LAFC also signed an international keeper which means if the negotiations of the CBA doesn't changefrom the last one in regards to international spots. LAFC currently doesn't have an international spot available.... But that could change.
Is there a 2nds team they could put him in while developing him

Tevor

Only a week and a half to go, I don't think there will be any new players however was hoping to see some of our better players be re-signed. Wonder if we have been in the mix at all with the any of the movements so far in the HAL.

MagpieMariner

We have been critical, and rightly so, about our defence. However the old saying about attack being the best form of defence is pretty true. Let's face it, we have scored twice or more only 3 times so far, and one of those times we got 2 pens after the 90. So only 2 goals twice inside 90. Only 1 game have we led by 2 (Perth in Perth) and only 1 game have we come from behind to win or draw. Our awful attack makes our defence (including our mids) very timid, they don't want to take risks because we probably won't be able to come back from a mistake. This makes defensive mistakes being punished almost a given, which reinforces the timidity and makes more mistakes and so on. Our opponents' attacking cock-ups are the reasons we have some wins. If you look back, we should not have won/drawn the matches we did; our defence worked hard, but there were at least 2 golden chances spurned by the opposition in each of the games. We must get decent attackers who can score multiple goals and take the pressure off our defence so that a cock-up doesn't matter so much.

ashman89

Tony Rallis on STT saying Silvera was successful in his trial. Transfer fee North of 400k plus sell on. Very interesting

Michael

Tony Rallis on STT saying Silvera was successful in his trial. Transfer fee North of 400k plus sell on. Very interesting

very strange. Ofcourse he’s a gem. But for them to sign a 19yo as a visa player for a fee is crazy. The MLS has insanely good visa players no way he’ll get game time. I’d like a loan back period otherwise he’ll just be sent to a USL club (basically American NPL)

Michael

And will that fee be re-invested in a high quality player? Probably not. More likely into Charlesworth’s back pocket.

AuzDutchy

And will that fee be re-invested in a high quality player? Probably not. More likely into Charlesworth’s back pocket.

A back pocket that has constantly been draining since he bought the club and SAVED it from going under. While its annoying to have frugal management, dont for a minute think MC makes profit off the club, running at a loss every year.

turbo

I trust Tony Rallis about as far as I could throw him.
They have gotten a few things right lately and dropped the info first. In terms of the value we’d be crazy not to take an offer like that for Silvera. You’d hope it gets reinvested and realistically is our best shot at getting more money for a squad.

It would also show CCM will let young players make a move for a fee unlike WSW slapping an unrealistic price on Baccus and effectively blocking a move to Europe.

Ozhammer

I would suspect that any money received from the sale of Sammy would be used to offset the club’s projected losses from this season.

As much as that galls me, I think the only likelihood his departure would bring is for the club to sign either another scholarship player or minimum wage player to ensure the cap floor spend.

As much as us fans might like to see any fee earned being fully reinvested back into the squad, I would suggest that is highly unlikely.

Reactions: Ads

turbo

I don’t expect an addition to the squad to replace SS (except if needed to comply with the rules) this year but I would hope to see at least part of any fee go towards next season. Whether that’s topping up Birraz to try to retain him or bringing in more quality it would help our prospects a lot to be able to spend a bit more especially with the other cap space being freed up.

LAFC Aus

Dont believe it. Didnt the LAFC guy say they signed someone else?
Yeah we signed Kenneth Vermeer a Dutch goalkeeper. If we are signing Silvera that would mean a couple of international players on our list are either getting sold or green cards as we have hit our limit on international players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred