• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Not without some more polishing first. Singh was less than 1m and far more established as a first team player.

Wombat

Not without some more polishing first. Singh was less than 1m and far more established as a first team player.

His potential is even greater than Singh's. I really dont want to lose him. Tevor has bartered me down. Its a $1million or nothing.

Ozhammer

So Tommy is officially gone to Macarthur at the end of the season. He has served us well despite the lack of goals, he’s been a real pro and I personally greatly appreciate him and trust he’ll still perform for us till he leaves.
He is, along with DDS, our top earner. And whilst it’s arguably blow there is a massive opportunity for sta.
I would actually argue that he hasn’t been great value for CCM over his two year stint with few goals and assists to his name, so I would argue that there’d have to be other better value options out there. Yes he puts a shift in but just like DDS, he has too little end product to be a top wage earner imho.

Last edited:

Ironbark

I would actually argue that he hasn’t been great value for CCM over his two year stint with few goals and assists to his name, so I would argue that there’d have to be other better value options out there. Yes he puts a shift of but just like DDS, he has too little end product to be a top wage earner imho.
Basically zero product is not good value.
As I've said before I really like the guy and love having him in a ccm shirt but we need our heavy hitters to be hitting a little more heavily.

Pirate Pete

I would actually argue that he hasn’t been great value for CCM over his two year stint with few goals and assists to his name, so I would argue that there’d have to be other better value options out there. Yes he puts a shift of but just like DDS, he has too little end product to be a top wage earner imho.
I don't think he's scored any goals has he?
Maybe in a friendly, but that's it.

Ozhammer

Zero goals and zero recorded assists across both seasons, albeit that he has only played 11 games in each (so far). Might be nice if he improved on that record before he moves on eh?

Makes you wonder why McArthur went so hard for him, as his Opta stats couldn’t have made for impressive reading surely? He may turn out to be an astute signing but his replacement should surely be able to improve on Tommy’s
contribution to date.

Insertnamehere

Zero goals and zero recorded assists across both seasons, albeit that he has only played 11 games in each (so far). Might be nice if he improved on that record before he moves on eh?

Makes you wonder why McArthur went so hard for him, as his Opta stats couldn’t have made for impressive reading surely? He may turn out to be an astute signing but his replacement should surely be able to improve on Tommy’s
contribution to date.
Any winger we get needs more pace and more bulldog about them. Can we get Pain back?

Corsair

Makes you wonder why McArthur went so hard for him
His passing accuracy and crossing are top notch. They did say they are after a particular type of character as well and he comes across as a good human.
While I understand why we've been playing him at left back (Clisby weakness) it can't have been helping his decision to stay/go, assuming it wasn't already a done deal that is.

turbo

His passing accuracy and crossing are top notch.
I’m not so sold on his crossing. We’re either trying it too often when it’s not on or they aren’t hitting the spaces they need to. Probably a combination of both. Doesn’t look as bad as Clisby clearing the box but he hasn’t racked up any goals or assists this season from what I can see.

Corsair

I’m not so sold on his crossing. We’re either trying it too often when it’s not on or they aren’t hitting the spaces they need to. Probably a combination of both. Doesn’t look as bad as Clisby clearing the box but he hasn’t racked up any goals or assists this season from what I can see.
I think he's doing a good job, we just don't have anyone on the end of them that can score. I am a bit surprised he hasn't put a couple in himself but he's been played out of position a fair bit and is the type of player that does well with similar quality around him. Was injured for a long time too wasn't he?

I think we'll miss him badly, especially if we don't replace him with someone of similar quality.

Big Al

I think he's doing a good job, we just don't have anyone on the end of them that can score. I am a bit surprised he hasn't put a couple in himself but he's been played out of position a fair bit and is the type of player that does well with similar quality around him. Was injured for a long time too wasn't he?

I think we'll miss him badly, especially if we don't replace him with someone of similar quality.
He’s floating them in. Bit hard to header when they are floating. Can’t get power behind them or he is over hitting way past back post. If he over hits it and we still end up picking up the ball is that considered a completed pass?
The odd one straight across goal has been to close to the keeper.

Agree he is trying hard and doing a more defensive job last couple of weeks but we need some penetration from our wingers. Cut backs drive inside etc. dare i say it like millar (the rat millAR) last season. He also is a winger turned wingback who doesn’t know how to defend

neverwozza

Yeah agree on Tommy. He is trying really hard but he seems loathe to take his man on and drive into the box which means all his crosses are from deep and ineffective. Compare his work to Cacace from the nix and Maria from the reds and he looks very pedestrian and they are both genuine left backs ie you would expect their attacking ability to be worse than a converted left winger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred