• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
“ a one legged drunk striker!...you were lucky !! We had a blind semi literate striker hooked on smack with no feet & a partial sense of direction “

(This could get silly)

Matt--Simon

Can McGlinchey become a citizen so he no longer takes up a visa spot? I’m unsure on the rules he probably has spent enough time with us previously to do so. Can the time playing in the country be added over both stints with the club or does it have to be consecutive years

Ironbark

Can McGlinchey become a citizen so he no longer takes up a visa spot? I’m unsure on the rules he probably has spent enough time with us previously to do so. Can the time playing in the country be added over both stints with the club or does it have to be consecutive years
Just ask him, Matt. You train with him most days

priorpeter

I understand that he already holds dual citizenship for Scotland/NZ.
I’m not 100% sure how it would work, but I think he’s have to renounce one of those if he wanted to obtain Aus citizenship - whiiiiich I definitely don’t see happening.
By the time it would be done, his contract would be up anyway.

midfielder

Watching last nights game, DDS did not cover himself in glory especially if you consider he was up against an NPL team...

DDS has created a lot of expectations pertaining to both future potential & persevered current ability...

One game is way to little to draw conclusions however he at some stage needs to live up to the hype .... he must be under a lot of pressure and how he handles the pressure will in some way effect our season...

We could move Duric to the 10 role in a similar way to PG use Castro and move GG or Stensness to partner Kim as a DM or have Nisbet move into the midfield.

Personally I hope he comes good and good enough to get a Socceroo call up ...

Time will tell but will be interesting to watch...

adz

Staff member
Silvera is the man to move inside.

I fear DDS is like Caceres, talented but low football intelligence.

Seems low on confidence and to me needs to back himself more. Fluffed a sitter but the next chance he got instead of hitting it, tried to pass it off for someone else to shoot. Should have just gone for it.

Forum Phoenix

Seems low on confidence and to me needs to back himself more. Fluffed a sitter but the next chance he got instead of hitting it, tried to pass it off for someone else to shoot. Should have just gone for it.

Absolutely. First one... not good but it happens. But crazy not to take that second shot.

Josho Howe

Two unrelated random thoughts:
1 - Was it possible for us to have Tommy Oar looking like this last season of it wasn’t for the poor quality training we’ve all heard about? This Oar could have played in the 10 spot and worked with Pain instead of fighting for the same spot.

2 - I wonder if Charlesworth has been watching our cup run and feeling the same thing about needing a striker. Could potentially work in our favour if he sees potential and is willing to up the budget. That said the wanderers have deeper pockets and still hitting dead ends.

It's pretty simple for me - Get in a quality no.9 who can score 10 goals a season we can have a decent season and possibly push for finals. If we persist with Matty and Murray in support, all do respect to them, l can't see us finishing higher than 8th or 9th.

pjennings

DDS has the skills - but he is not a striker. He choked last night when he had plenty of time - that happens. However, when he has scored for us or any time that I can remember it is virtually passing the ball into net. He really needs to develop a decent shot to his game.

Reactions: adz

style_cafe

I think Bes' biggest 'attitude problem' was that born from what he perceived to be his fellow team mates either
a) not trying&/or performing well enough
b) not giving a fcuk ... fullstop !

You'd have to take your shoes off to count how many that applies to in the last 4 of our seasons.

I'm with Maggie, his recent scenario in the J-League WOULD give any player of his stature/& personality a reality check and have them come away asking some intrinsic questions about ones self.

There's the cultural thing to be considered as well, of him playing (not playing) in Japan.

Whereas there's ABSOLUTELY no doubt about his love for his life here in Aus.

Berisha is the ultimare 'Pantomine Player' :
- relishes & can actually thrive on being booed by opposition fan's
- BUT
- equally LOVES when being loved by his own.

That's why, whether you hated him or liked him
.... he was ALWAYS great to watch.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member