• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Michael

I’m very 50/50 on berisha.
He would score goals and be a threat with his movement (despite losing a couple yards) with how we’re going to play going forward. More than matty and smarter than Murray. BUT Staj is building a great culture so far. And that culture of a tight knit group is crucial to our season. I mean, Staj has so far reeled DDS’s ego right back to the point where dds is playing good footy again. Berisha could so easily ruin all of that with his “live or die in your face I’ll kill your family” personality on the pitch and in training.
We can find another striker with the ability of berisha but a much better fit culture-wise. IF the money is there ofcourse

Josho Howe

Berisha has definitely lost a step compared to a few years ago and while l would see why you would entertain the idea, it's probably best we leave it. I'm still hoping that we've got a no.9 coming in. That signing is huge for our season.

Forum Phoenix

I think if we were interested we would have already signed him.

Agree with pretty much everything that’s already been said.

Hoping the club is working in the BG on a better signing than Berisha.

Well past his best. Will be prone to soft tissue injuries. Has barely played in two years. Heavy man management required and could turn the dressing room toxic.i want goals, but if we can’t do better than that, then save the money until we can.

Rowdy

(Berisha) ..Will be prone to soft tissue injuries. Has barely played in two years.
As a point of difference,
we signed Dylan Fox off the back of a serious ankle injury & fcuk all game time in the previous x2 years .... he's doing alright on first observations & no disrespect to Fox, but, he doesn't compare in pedigree to Berisha.

I get people's question marks over his possible detriment to team culture but with age ... most of us ;) wise up to our foibles.

As much as people bag or underate his current value, to me it only solidifies his 'underdog' mentality and the ++plus' that come with that.

The Mariners ARE the perennial 'underdogs' !! ... always were, always will be !! (& Berisha would be well aware of this fact)
- seem's an opportunity for both parties

I am openly pessimistic about a LOT of things in Australian Football BUT actually think Berisha could be a perceivably dysfunctional signing that quite possibly becomes successful.
- it just comes down to the coin'$

(I wont lose sleep if it doesn't eventuate, just think were a club that constantly has to think outside the box in every aspect of the club)

Last edited:

pjennings

I think he has lost a bit. But why not sign him cheaply with incentives built in. When he scores 40 for the season then we just move him outside the cap.:innocent:

Rowdy

I think he has lost a bit. But why not sign him cheaply with incentives built in. When he scores 40 for the season then we just move him outside the cap.:innocent:
Exactly PJ !
Y'all need to remember,
Berisha IS
- the A-League's all-time Highest Goal Scorer !!

Why wouldn't he want to come back and play for a club to finish your career where, you push that goal tally figure beyond reach of future Strikers & thus retire into infamy. :tophat:

Mariners CAN offer that opportunity !
- that's my (free) sales pitch advice if there's a glimmer of possibility of signing him. :cool:

Forum Phoenix

As a point of difference,
we signed Dylan Fox off the back of a serious ankle injury & fcuk all game time in the previous x2 years .... he's doing alright on first observations & no disrespect to Fox, but, he doesn't compare in pedigree to Berisha.

I get people's question marks over his possible detriment to team culture but with age ... most of us ;) wise up to our foibles.

As much as people bag or underate his current value, to me it only solidifies his 'underdog' mentality and the ++plus' that come with that.

The Mariners ARE the perennial 'underdogs' !! ... always were, always will be !! (& Berisha would be well aware of this fact)
- seem's an opportunity for both parties

I am openly pessimistic about a LOT of things in Australian Football BUT actually think Berisha could be a perceivably dysfunctional signing that quite possibly becomes successful.
- it just comes down to the coin'$

(I wont lose sleep if it doesn't eventuate, just think were a club that constantly has to think outside the box in every aspect of the club)

I like your reasoning Rowdy. I guess it would really come down to his mindset now and how he saw the opportunity.

We know he can score goals, so if he had matured and was determined to be a positive influence, that would be a different proposition.

Rowdy

scottjamieson.jpeg
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/bruno-didnt-do-what-was-asked-of-him-531080/page0

Melbourne City Captain, Scott Jamieson:
- "I think they'll be good this year. You can't go past Perth Glory.

"I think our friends down the road at Melbourne Victory will always be great. Those teams will always be good.

"The Mariners seem to have strengthened and they seemed to have got some good people in charge there. Western United coming in will be interesting.

"But I think in terms of who's a favourite now, I think Perth will be up there – although they've had a lot of change – but I'd like to think ourselves will be very close this year."

Tevor

View attachment 1446

"I think our friends down the road at Melbourne Victory will always be great. Those teams will always be good.

"The Mariners seem to have strengthened and they seemed to have got some good people in charge there. Western United coming in will be interesting.

"But I think in terms of who's a favourite now, I think Perth will be up there – although they've had a lot of change – but I'd like to think ourselves will be very close this year."
Sounds like picking the Melb Cup, every one can win on their day. Glory to go one step further this year IMO. Hard to back against them even with AFC duties.

Ancient Mariner

My memory is not what it was, however I seem to remember Berisha's final season with Victory. At that stage I thought he was past it and not scoring goals in a strong team. Somehow, someone pulled off a miracle by selling him to Japan, where according to reports, he blued with his coach and has had a minuscule amount of game time in the last 2 years.

I very much doubt he is as good now as he was (not very) in that last season with Victory and is probably now even more off the pace.

There are many on this thread looking through rose coloured glass to a degree I find amazing even for rusted on CCM fans.

I would not touch him with a six foot pole.

My mate, Stephan Powolski, a six foot Pole, would not touch him either.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

My memory is not what it was, however I seem to remember Berisha's final season with Victory. At that stage I thought he was past it and not scoring goals in a strong team. Somehow, someone pulled off a miracle by selling him to Japan, where according to reports, he blued with his coach and has had a minuscule amount of game time in the last 2 years.

I very much doubt he is as good now as he was (not very) in that last season with Victory and is probably now even more off the pace.

There are many on this thread looking through rose coloured glass to a degree I find amazing even for rusted on CCM fans.

I would not touch him with a six foot pole.

My mate, Stephan Powolski, a six foot Pole, would not touch him either.
I know he's well past his prime - but he'd still be far and away the best striker in our squad and a valid point man.

Wombat

View attachment 1446

How the f**k did Scott Jamieson get to be the Captain of any HAL side????

turbo

My memory is not what it was, however I seem to remember Berisha's final season with Victory. At that stage I thought he was past it and not scoring goals in a strong team.

From what I remember he was still scoring them but not as many and that mostly came from a drop in pace so a lot of the chances he’d make himself disappeared. Still good up the right end of the pitch just not so much on the counter or long ball. Scored a cracker bicycle kick in the finals to put them through. Think that was his last season.

turbo

Two unrelated random thoughts:
1 - Was it possible for us to have Tommy Oar looking like this last season of it wasn’t for the poor quality training we’ve all heard about? This Oar could have played in the 10 spot and worked with Pain instead of fighting for the same spot.

2 - I wonder if Charlesworth has been watching our cup run and feeling the same thing about needing a striker. Could potentially work in our favour if he sees potential and is willing to up the budget. That said the wanderers have deeper pockets and still hitting dead ends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred