• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Wombat

Without overhyping Murray and being aware of recent performances Kenny doesn’t offer anything Murray doesn’t. Kenny got some attention early but stalled and has been eclipsed by a bunch of rising talents including Kamsoba on his own team. There’s been a few youngsters especially one from Adelaide making waves in the FFA cup. Maybe Murray has too but I don’t see how Kenny is any better.

Kenny is a better player than Murray but neither are starting 11 quality.

turbo

I don’t rate Kenny at all. He hasn’t impressed with a far more capable and expensive team behind him. Murray got a lot more minutes (and scored goals) but our game plan was shit house and rarely gave him a chance to shine. The way I see it Murray has more chance to shape my perception of him this season, no issues being wrong if Kenny has a breakout season but I’m not holding my breath. That said I was expecting more from Murray in preseason under Staj.

priorpeter

Athiu (bless you!) - 20 appearances, 30 shots, 50% on target. 0 goals, 1 assist. 36% duels won. 27 years old, should be coming into his prime.

Muzz - 23 appearances, 38 shots, 50% on target, 3 goals, 2 assists. 46% duels won. 23 years old, plenty of development ahead and bags more potential.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Athiu (bless you!) - 20 appearances, 30 shots, 50% on target. 0 goals, 1 assist. 36% duels won. 27 years old, should be coming into his prime.

Muzz - 23 appearances, 38 shots, 50% on target, 3 goals, 2 assists. 46% duels won. 23 years old, plenty of development ahead and bags more potential.

20 appearances, 30 shots and no goals? I can't see anything suggesting he's likely to 'come into his prime' - looks more like he just couldn't adapt to the step-up from NPL.

We have a number of mediocre strikers. I can't see how another one will benefit the team at all - might even be a hindrance being an additional player the mids and other strikers have to learn to link up with.

Insertnamehere

20 appearances, 30 shots and no goals? I can't see anything suggesting he's likely to 'come into his prime' - looks more like he just couldn't adapt to the step-up from NPL.

We have a number of mediocre strikers. I can't see how another one will benefit the team at all - might even be a hindrance being an additional player the mids and other strikers have to learn to link up with.
Athiu was always in the mold of Matt Simon. I prefer a thousand year old Matt Simon tho. He knows his role, play big body, hold up play, draw a pen, bang a pen in, flail arms and legs widely, blow up at refs occasionally.
Athiu has pace on Simon but zero other qualities to take him over the 3 strikers we have.

Michael

If anything, Victory were peer pressured into signing Athiu by foxsports and the VIC NPL community because he did alright in some FFA cup games.

I like what someone above said, Murray scored a few goals and grew abit in the worst team and athiu couldn’t scored in probably the best attacking side. The service of Honda, toivenon etc.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah thought so, thanks. If they sign him it means there will be no visa striker. But I’ll worry about it when it happens. Kenny wouldn’t make us worse, just ‘probsbly’ not better either.

turbo

If this Athiu signing is for real, that's massively underwhelming. Seems we've missed out on getting a no.9. :(
IMO it’s even worse than that. Aside from missing out on a 9 it’s a return to previous seasons of bad spending. Overall though our signings haven’t been mind blowing they look good, we’ve seen some smart moves on a budget over the off season. Im willing to give Majok benefit of the doubt as a project for Staj but Kenny would be the same thing in the same position both fighting for bench spots with Simon and/or Murray depending on our last visa slot. It just doesn’t make much sense. I’m hoping the cryptic rumours don’t lead to Kenny.

Corsair

How dod DDS go at striker for Australia the other day? Maybe we're considering converting him to striker?

turbo

My understanding was he didn't make the final cut for the olyroos starting line up..not a great sign
Played out of position for one game and dropped, meanwhile in the senior team Kruse and Juric get a million chances before finally giving someone else some time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred