• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

sydmariner

So I didn’t watch much of the first tassie friendly just skipped through bits and pieces after the fact. But I did like the look of skokadis I think it was?
He looked very comfortable on the ball and pretty decent in the tackle from what I saw. I haven’t had the chance to research him. So can anyone save me the time and give some info on him?
Already think he’s a better option than Melling.
ex sfc acadamy player

Michael

So Skotadis is 19.
Could be worth a scholarship/NYL deal with a view to next season when we clear some deadwood.

pinklady

I wasn’t that excited by him Michael but I will need to see more.
He was a great prospect at 13-14 and then had a couple of years in the FNSW Institute. Was at Wanderers Academy and left mid season to go to Sydney. Got on a scholarship at Sydney but then released at the end of that this year and went back to Sutherland mid season. Would be a reasonable pick up for NYL - but I can't see him staying for that (similar to Moric).

Michael

I'm not overly impressed by him. Wasn’t poor but does not look like he can add what we will need to turn our fortunes around.

Yeah we don’t need another centre mid right now, that’s why I think he’s worth a scholarship/NYL deal. Have as much quality on our books in both squads as possible, because we all know there’s deadwood to be cleared next season too.
I can’t see Melling getting much minutes in his final year and Skotadis is a much tidier player.
And how good is it seeing Staj investing a lot of time in our youth boys. Hasn’t happened for years. Loving it. Yeah Miller cocked up big time for the goal last night, but he’ll be better for it.
Nizzy was good for the most part too.
Fox looked very much like a solid senior CB lastnight can see him nailing a starting spot this season.

Ads

I would take him over Majok any day of the week but still a hard no either way.

Do you think we could pull off another ‘Ingham’ with Majok perhaps and get someone else. Please....

turbo

If we’re down to Athiu in our search for strikers just save the money and run with what we’ve got. Complete waste of money, would be better off taking a punt on bringing an NPL or academy prospect in.

Big Al

Nah Kenny is better than what we have including Murray (who I really like but is just not banging them in and demanding to be the main man like we need).

I like him. Not what we need but certainly an upgrade to what we have

Our squad is not good enough all round though and I’d prefer a proper CB but it appears the money is running out because all we seem to be looking at is young players who haven’t quite cut it elsewhere.

turbo

Nah Kenny is better than what we have including Murray (who I really like but is just not banging them in and demanding to be the main man like we need).
Without overhyping Murray and being aware of recent performances Kenny doesn’t offer anything Murray doesn’t. Kenny got some attention early but stalled and has been eclipsed by a bunch of rising talents including Kamsoba on his own team. There’s been a few youngsters especially one from Adelaide making waves in the FFA cup. Maybe Murray has too but I don’t see how Kenny is any better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred