• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Ironbark

Most likely this is like every other trialist with one difference - the media outlet knows it'll get clicks because of his one hand situation and so run a story they wouldn't if it was any other NPL trialist.

As such I wouldn't read too much into it just yet.

Last edited:

Ironbark

----------------------- Birighitti -------------

Ziggy ------------GG------ Fox ----- Rowles---

-------------------- Kim Eun-sun -------

Silvers ----- DDS----- Duric ----- Oar

------------------- New signing -----------

Subs…Mumford, Tongyik, weeMac, Nisbet, Melling, Murry, Simon, Clisby
I agree - this looks about our best starting 11 come seasons start. I don't know enough about Tongyik and Fox to know who should start out of the 2.

I'm still hopeful we'll get more out of Weemac this season but it's a big question mark if he's still got what it takes at this level. I've rated what I've seen of Silvera so far and would be more than happy to give him a shot early.

It's an exciting looking midfield I must say.

pjennings

Well if Staj is not interested in Pengelly & Sydney Olympic's Sanchez is getting a trial then so too should Wollongong Wolves striker Thomas James !!

WW - Coach Luke Wilshire, poached the young Englishman from Canberra where he banged in something ridiculous like 83 goals in 80 games & is doing the same down in the Gong.

May even have residency soon enough as currently in the hands of Dept. Immigration.
- so could still leave a Visa spot for the Jan Xfer window if his paperwork is stamped by then.
Staj mentioned him at Ettalong and said while he liked him he didn't want him as a visa player. He has been in Australia for along time (2013) so I'm surprised he is not a citizen yet.

priorpeter

Staj mentioned him at Ettalong and said while he liked him he didn't want him as a visa player. He has been in Australia for along time (2013) so I'm surprised he is not a citizen yet.

He should be in the next few months, has only recently started going through the process

Coastalraider

Visa money was obviously allocated and budgeted for Lee which has fallen through.

I don’t think it would be a budgetary issue getting a visa striker of decent quality, I’m would be more confident it would be an availability issue due to progressing so far along the road with Lee, and then having to reset and start the seasrch again once he walked. Given the rumours only a week or so ago about us looking at a couple of league strikers, I’m not yet concerned.

Edited

Last edited:

Michael

Visa money was obviously allocated and budgeted for Kim, which has fallen through.

I don’t think it would be a budgetary issue getting a visa striker of decent quality, I’m would be more confident it would be an availability issue due to progressing so far along the road with Kim, and then having to reset and start the seasrch again once he walked. Given the rumours only a week or so ago about us looking at a couple of league strikers, I’m not yet concerned.

Lee Sang is the one that didn’t stick around.
But you’re right, the club kind of did put a lot of eggs into the Seoul bro’s basket before lee sangs change of heart etc.

And people, kye won’t be our starting LB. Clisby will be our #1 LB. And I think we’ll see improvement and consistency from him because of Staj. kye can cover there but is not natural at all at LB.

Rowdy

Rowles played primarily as a LCB with Brisbane Youth & the Olyroo's prior to us signing him.

He gets the job done at LB in a back 3 or in a flat back 4 -4- 2, but has shown me he lacks the natural go forward of the current trend of full/wing backs bombing on when opportunities arise.

He still has room for improvement either way ;)

Last edited:

turbo

but has shown me he lacks the natural go forward of the current trend of full/wing backs bombing on when opportunities arise.
That's why I think Clisby will be the starter. Rowles will still be in the running for a CB slot or cover but if he doesnt naturally get forward its going to restrict our presence on that side.

turbo

Visa money was obviously allocated and budgeted for Lee which has fallen through.
We also had money tied up in Ingham that was said will go towards other areas that need strengthening, that might have meant Fox or players we're yet to sign. As unlikely as it might be if there is a funds issue leading to us looking at a visa player from the NPL maybe its because we're looking at a local that can fill a role we thought would need a visa. I havent heard where Spiranovic is off to yet.

Rowdy

Jurman would be a 1st choice CB when picking a starting XI amongst GG, Tongyik, Rowles & Fox.

.... BUT ....can't see us signing another CB after signing Dylan Fox :-|

Rowdy

Wanderer's (gazumping Perth Glory)
- looking to play Jurman on the left side of a back 3 with fellow new signing Dylan McGowan & the German Patrick Zeigler.

Absolute QUALITY back line there for our Rnd1 clash at Bank West Stadium
:headbutt:

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Wanderer's (gazumping Perth Glory)
- looking to play Jurman on the left side of a back 3 with fellow new signing Dylan McGowan & the German Patrick Zeigler.

Absolute QUALITY back line there for our Rnd1 clash at Bank West Stadium
:headbutt:

Yeah I think we’ve done fairly well in our recruitment so far, but without a quality visa striker and CB, most squads are looking on paper clearly stronger than ours.

Staj is going to have to earn his coin.

shipwreck

I feel like this is a problem every year, we do well in recruiting... By our standards, and the rest of the league just seems to do so much better.
I mean, we were excited about signing a dude no one had really ever heard of as a CB, meanwhile Wsw just casually sign a socceroo CB

Coastalraider

It does seem like we are always 12-24 months behind the 8-ball.

I remember think last year looked good, then I looked at what everyone else was doing. Every year we step up a little, every year everyone else steps up as well.

Forum Phoenix

I feel like this is a problem every year, we do well in recruiting... By our standards, and the rest of the league just seems to do so much better.
I mean, we were excited about signing a dude no one had really ever heard of as a CB, meanwhile Wsw just casually sign a socceroo CB

If by every year you mean the last 4. I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred