• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Nice. If he’s fit you’d think he’s in with a shot to play FFA cup next week. Anyone seen him training/trialling?

Ozhammer

Nice. If he’s fit you’d think he’s in with a shot to play FFA cup next week. Anyone seen him training/trialling?
THIS

I think the situation with GG and Tongyik has forced this signing in truth. The backline is young and WILL make mistakes but it Staj backs them AND educates them properly, they could become a solid, cohesive unit.

I am hoping that the next signing is a visa CF, as we really do need a reliable goal scorer and that’s coming from a fully paid-up member of the defender’s union. :headbounce:

pjennings

He has a post on twitter in the middle of June saying he was building up to match fitness so he has been training for at least 2 months since being injured.

Corsair

Wikipedia has him as Northern Ireland born Australian.

Maybe Mark Markovitz the Marvelous Marksman is still on the cards!!

Rowdy

FOX IN THE BOX TO MARINERS:
Foxinthebox.jpeg

Central Coast Mariners have signed former Wellington Phoenix defender Dylan Fox on a one year deal, the club confirmed today.

Having played 39 games with Phoenix, Fox’s football journey most recently took him to South Korea where he joined FC Anyang.

A defender or defensive midfielder, Fox was a standout at the ‘Nix where he earned Players’ Player honours in the 2017/18 season and was runner-up to Roy Krishna for the club’s Player of the Year award.

After meeting his new Mariners teammates at training for the first time, Fox today said he was excited to get going under coach Alen Stajcic.

“The Mariners are a team I’ve watched from afar, a club I really want to play a major role in their success,” Fox said.

“After speaking with Alen and hearing his vision for the club, it was very inspiring and could see immediately that it was something I wanted to be involved with.

“Alen’s vision for the club going forward, I could tell he really cares about the club, and my first impressions are that he is a coach that the players will give 110% for – in every session – every game.”

Stajcic welcomed Fox to the Mariners and added: “We’re delighted to sign Dylan who is a great addition to our squad, adding depth to our backline and flexibility in our holding midfield roles.

“With four A-League seasons to his name and one where he was voted by his peers as the Players’ Player, we have a defender who has proven success.

“The signing of Dylan continues to build good competition for places across our squad and we look forward to seeing him in action for the Mariners.”

Rowdy

Personally think we needed to sign a more experienced CB.

In spite of & due to Fox's signing

...... there surely HAS TO BE more $$$'s still available for a quality CF.

midfielder

Guess we are one player away from our squad ...

Lets assume a striker of some quality and if so we should have a reasonable season...

Ironbark

I guess the deciding factor for me is based around our midfield recruiting.

We have an excellent creative DM in Kim. Add in Oar, DDS and Duric towards the front. For me thats easily the most complete midfield we have had for years. Good control of the midfield should reduce the oppositions effectiveness compared to last year. Birraz will also save more than Kennedy.

It will be a terrible waste of talent and cap space if that midfield group is feeding Matty.
A decent midfield takes pressure off the defence thankfully

Reactions: adz

Michael

I spoke to McBreen a while back who told me that in the first 3 months under Arnie they ONLY worked on defence and defensive structures and duties. During that time he basically said the attackers had free reign to explore in play and try things. The effect was the attackers got to play to their strengths and we're creative not having too many limitations. Except in their defensive duties. He said Arnie was unrelenting on that and made it clear players would not be in the first 11 if they did not do their job defensively.
After that Arnie moved into the attacking side of the work. Macca and PatrickZ have both been forthright in conversation that Arnie was hands down the best coach they'd worked under.

Yep
Played under brad porter and kwas for 4 years and the knowledge they took from Arnie and fed through to us at grass root senior level was mind blowing for all of us. We also spent 95% of our first season with them working on defensive structure.

Michael

Fox has been announced

Happy to take the wait and see approach with him. Never took much notice of him at the nix, but I never take much notice of that club in general to be fair. Would’ve preferred a quality visa CB, but Staj is taking the cup seriously and perhaps the CB injuries did influence this signing...
Wouldn’t mind seeing Stensness signed as Ziggys back up and I think hatch will play back up to Clisby this season which I like a lot.
Will probably be a CB duo of Fox/Miller or Ziggy for the cup next week.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Fair enough, as long as his compos mentis and intact
UqrTjU.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member