• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Rowdy

Wouldn’t mind seeing Stensness signed as Ziggys back up.
I'm surprised Staj is persisting with him & not choosing to take a look at someone else

He's a Defensive Midfielder & personally I thought he was shown up at RB against the lesser Weston opponent when I was up there watching him in the recent friendly.

We really do need a reliable cover for RB.

Likewise Melling, when Staj moved him into the RB role - getting caught out when on the halfway, beaten by opponent 1v1 and then lacking in the recovery .... multiple times.

Unfortunately feel that Staj will be using Melling as a 3rd choice RB, on top of 'everywhere & anywhere' there's a hole that needs filling this season. (RB, CB, DM, ?:eek:?)

Pirate Pete

He's a Defensive Midfielder & personally I thought he was shown up at RB against the lesser Weston opponent when I was up there watching him in the recent friendly.

Likewise Melling, when Staj moved him into the RB role - getting caught out when on the halfway, beaten by opponent 1v1 and then lacking in the recovery .... multiple times.

Unfortunately feel that Staj will be using Melling 'everywhere & anywhere' there's a hole that needs filling this season. (RB, CB, DM, ?:eek:?)
Melling gave away at least two penalties last season while on defending duties. Can't see he'd be any better this season.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fair enough, as long as his compos mentis and intact
UqrTjU.png
some of your finest work :D

midfielder

Kinda time to look at the squad as shown on our home page. https://www.ccmariners.com.au/teams

We are showing 27 players signed with 6 players around 18 years old and shown with ** next to their name.

We still have one players to sign said to be a forward.

Keepers [4],--- Birighitti, Hart, Munford, Pearce

Backs [7], … Ziggy, Fox, Rowles, Miller**, Clisby, Tongyik, GG,

Mids [9 ], DDS, Duric, Hatch**, Kim Eun-sun, weeMac, Melling, Moric**, Nisbet, Shawbow

Forwards [7 ], Oar, Jovanovski**, Majok, Murry, Silvers**, Simon, Symlie**

6 players are around 18 years old, from the list of players above.

Backs… Miller

Mids… Hatch, Moric

Forwards … Jovanovski, Silvers, Symlie

Aside from the forwards we seem well placed , my run on side.

----------------------- Birighitti -------------

Ziggy ------------GG------ Fox ----- Rowles---

-------------------- Kim Eun-sun -------

Silvers ----- DDS----- Duric ----- Oar

------------------- New signing -----------

Subs…Mumford, Tongyik, weeMac, Nisbet, Melling, Murry, Simon, Clisby

Rowdy

Kinda time to look at the squad as shown on our home page. https://www.ccmariners.com.au/teams

We are showing 27 players signed with 6 players around 18 years old and shown with ** next to their name.

We still have one players to sign said to be a forward.

Keepers [4],--- Birighitti, Hart, Munford, Pearce

Backs [7], … Ziggy, Fox, Rowles, Miller**, Clisby, Tongyik, GG,

Mids [9 ], DDS, Duric, Hatch**, Kim Eun-sun, weeMac, Melling, Moric**, Nisbet, Shawbow

Forwards [7 ], Oar, Jovanovski**, Majok, Murry, Silvers**, Simon, Symlie**

6 players are around 18 years old, from the list of players above.

Backs… Miller

Mids… Hatch, Moric

Forwards … Jovanovski, Silvers, Symlie

Aside from the forwards we seem well placed , my run on side.

----------------------- Birighitti -------------

Ziggy ------------GG------ Fox ----- Rowles---

-------------------- Kim Eun-sun -------

Silvers ----- DDS----- Duric ----- Oar

------------------- New signing -----------

Subs…Mumford, Tongyik, weeMac, Nisbet, Melling, Murry, Simon, Clisby
- It's Silvera ... NOT Silvers ;)

-
Line-up's/Starting XI for the next game are currently being tossed around in the FFA Cup thread.

FFC Mariner

I'm sure he's a good player but isnt he really just another Murray? We need an upgrade not another NPL player hoping to step up.
Seems like Staj doesnt really fancy Muzz if he's playing Simon every game and (allegedly) looking at direct replacements

Rowdy

Charlesworth yet again failing to spend money effectively 'ties one hand behind our back'

...... then we're left to look at signing a one-handed player because of it.

The irony.

Coastalraider

I wouldn’t put a lot of worry into this, the way Shaun was speaking in the pod yesterday the visa spot is a fair way off being decided. I’d say that sbecause they are still looking, it didn’t sound like they had an NPL player ready to go. Besides - if we want a cheap depth prolific NPL scorer, we had the young bloke from the Strikers here on an actual trial.

Ozhammer

I wouldn’t put a lot of worry into this, the way Shaun was speaking in the pod yesterday the visa spot is a fair way off being decided. I’d say that sbecause they are still looking, it didn’t sound like they had an NPL player ready to go. Besides - if we want a cheap depth prolific NPL scorer, we had the young bloke from the Strikers here on an actual trial.
I understand that the Club aren’t interested in Pengelly and he has been sent back to the Strikers

Forum Phoenix

I'm sure he's a good player but isnt he really just another Murray? We need an upgrade not another NPL player hoping to step up.
Seems like Staj doesnt really fancy Muzz if he's playing Simon every game and (allegedly) looking at direct replacements

This.

We need a striker who is clearly a cut above what we have or it’s just a waste of time and money. A 30 year old NPL visa signing shows no belief in Murray or Majok,

If they can’t find a proper visa striker for the coin they have, then get a visa bloody CB.

Last edited:

Rowdy

I understand that the Club aren’t interested in Pengelly and he has been sent back to the Strikers
Well if Staj is not interested in Pengelly & Sydney Olympic's Sanchez is getting a trial then so too should Wollongong Wolves striker Thomas James !!

WW - Coach Luke Wilshire, poached the young Englishman from Canberra where he banged in something ridiculous like 83 goals in 80 games & is doing the same down in the Gong.

May even have residency soon enough as currently in the hands of Dept. Immigration.
- so could still leave a Visa spot for the Jan Xfer window if his paperwork is stamped by then.

Michael

Sanchez is a good striker, Thomas James the same.
But we need better for our visa striker. No Ifs buts or maybes. They have to be a cut above the rest. If we were to sign another prolific NPL goal scorer we may as well send Murray back to NPL. Because those 2 lads are the same calibre as Murray imo.
This rumour/trial offer... whatever it may be, is just sending the message that there isn’t a decent amount of dollars left for said cut above visa striker and that’s very concerning. It’s the final piece to the puzzle. And so incredibly crucial given that Staj has chosen a visa ST over CB.

Forum Phoenix

Agree, except I doubt it’s Charlesworth not playing ball. Was made pretty clear at the forum by Anton and Shaun on here also that there were the funds for this extra visa spot and also that they were hunting a striker among them.

So I fear it’s likely we’re in a worse position. No one worth wanting, wants us.

Hopefully we can still snaffle some decent EFL striker whose other options don’t come through by end of their window.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred