• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Josho Howe

Seeing that Macca goal for Edgy the other night made me think about how we've never replaced him. We've not had a no.9 anywhere near the level he was at in the title winning season. Sad times. If only we could find a Bobo/Fornaroli type unknown to come over here and boss the league.

Tevor

Seeing that Macca goal for Edgy the other night made me think about how we've never replaced him. We've not had a no.9 anywhere near the level he was at in the title winning season. Sad times. If only we could find a Bobo/Fornaroli type unknown to come over here and boss the league.
Problem is we would only have them for one season before the big clubs swooped.

Ironbark

Ye I finally watched those Macca highlights last night and thought the same thing

Forum Phoenix

Yep. Me three.

Forum Phoenix

Problem is we would only have them for one season before the big clubs swooped.
Two or three year deal definitely required.

In all seriousness, it doesn’t even need to be a golden boot Fornaroli level. We just need a solid European player with a great attitude who is willing to commit to more than a holiday.

We need players that can help us build and break the yearly rinse repeat cycle. Actually I can’t even say yearly given we’ve been losing visa players mid season and getting our promising break through players stolen.

I think Ziggy is one. Hopefully Kim and Duric also. Add Birra, GG and Oar, and that’s 6 starting 11 players who i think we may be able to keep longer term and if we do so will give us a real core to build off.

The rest all fall either into the potential but cannot be sure long term yet, or the won’t stay long if they do do well camp - or are already in the not good enough / end of career camp.

Silvera and Nisbet have very promising futures I think. And Silvera of all players I’d like to see on a 5 year deal as soon as he shows his quality at HAL level and then sell him OS when the time and offer is right.

Last edited:

Wombat

Coastie Crew is right to dislike that one Middy.

I’m a defender through and through. Kicking people up in the air is my speciality.

Michael

Stensness is in the FFA Cup squad for tomorrow... obviously trialists can’t play competitive matches.. has he signed a scholarship/NYL deal?

Michael

Unimpressive if he has :-|

Yeah I’m personally happy to see how he goes and if he improves.
But it’s just a little strange there’s been no announcement but he’s named in the squad with #32.
Kye is also in the squad but he still has a game or 2 suspension left doesn’t he?

Rowdy

Yeah I’m personally happy to see how he goes and if he improves.
But it’s just a little strange there’s been no announcement but he’s named in the squad with #32.
Kye is also in the squad but he still has a game or 2 suspension left doesn’t he?
See the FFA Cup thread ;)

Ironbark

Defensive midfielder that can play in the back four. I think we all know where he'll be deployed tonight.

and the best news - we're sticking with our heavy DM recruitment philosophy.

Seems a good signing overall. With limited squad places and coin we do need the last couple of signings to be high quality now.

Michael

Not unhappy with this one. Will be a good utility squaddie. My biggest concern is all the 1 year deals. I hope the club has clauses in place so we don’t lose the good players for next season, in 6months when they can talk to other clubs.

pinklady

Not unhappy with this one. Will be a good utility squaddie. My biggest concern is all the 1 year deals. I hope the club has clauses in place so we don’t lose the good players for next season, in 6months when they can talk to other clubs.
Bit of a contradiction there Michael. We had clauses in place last time Gianni was with the club but he walked out halfway through his youth contract giving the reason that he wanted to concentrate on his uni studies. He then signed for Manly about a week later. He walked out on them to move to NZ when he realised he was eligible for NZ national team and signed in Phoenix Academy. He was offered a contract with the Nix this year but turned it down to trial overseas but when he was unsuccessful there the Nix withdrew their offer and he came back to us. Lack of loyalty isn't a problem for Stajic obviously as he has also signed Majok (who quit the Mariners NYL team one week before the start of the season because we wouldn't pay him as much as he could get in the NPL) and Silvera, who quit WSW halfway through the season because he was sulking about being dropped to the U20s due to attitude problems.
Easy to understand why Michael Glassock headed off to Hong Kong and a huge kick in the teeth to long serving and talented Academy players who have been told there isn't enough money for any more scholarship positions and also that the local Coast boys don't have the same desire and work ethic as those from Sydney and elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred