• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Insertnamehere

It's probably just inexperience on my part but I don't really get the thinking around this whole attractiveness of the club thing. It's been discussed every preseason and clearly it's real but... look at our team the last for seasons... every decent player we've had had been snatched up first chance. This thing about them not being in the shopfront clearly isn't right.
Wins and losses. Noone wants to get flogged every week. It's bad enough in social sport let alone as a professional.
Also people want to come to work and focus on their job not all the shit because the boss can't run the joint properly.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's probably just inexperience on my part but I don't really get the thinking around this whole attractiveness of the club thing. It's been discussed every preseason and clearly it's real but... look at our team the last for seasons... every decent player we've had had been snatched up first chance. This thing about them not being in the shopfront clearly isn't right.
The players are fine - it's the club that's unattractive.

I mean, given the choice, do you want to play for a club that's getting smashed every week with no fans left, or a club that has a chance of something useful and where you play alongside some great players?

Yeh that's valid, I feel like we move at such a slow pace compared to the other clubs. I guess the dislocated control is a factor.
No surprise....though are we sure we haven't told Staj ' I totally promise there's a contract, and it totally has just as much money as the next contract somebody else would offer. I totally remember posting it, just hold on...'?

JoyfulPenguin

It's a real organisational failure that we move so slowly on things that are so critical, if Alan Stajic is going to be our manager he needs time and certainty. It's frankly embarrassing that it is taking this long to confirm whether he has a contract or not, we need to be focusing and getting organised for next season not banal stuff like this. We need to be one of the most active clubs in the transfer period and not having a manger signed is absolutely not helping that.

JoyfulPenguin

Wouldn't mind Caletti and maybe trials for Nigro, Babalj and Tongyik. We need players with the right attitude, year after year we sign players with the almighty "potential" but we never seem to analyze their respective mental states and who actually has the motivation and will to improve and succeed. We can't afford more players like Gamerio, De Silva, Hoole, McCormack, Skapetis, Stella, Caceras, Anderson, Austin who are seemingly satisfied with their current level and who won't deliver and develop a culture that helps those around them. Most importantly we need players who will systemically change the way we go about things every day, who will put in their all at training no matter what and will be a positive influence on their teammates.

true believer

the club is on a tipping point with membership . i didn't want to renew .
i was out voted 3 to 1 . if the club balls up staj signing then i'll dig my heals in .

how do you turn a legendary club into a farce ? give it to the pikey and wait 2 years .

nebakke

The players are fine - it's the club that's unattractive.

I mean, given the choice, do you want to play for a club that's getting smashed every week with no fans left, or a club that has a chance of something useful and where you play alongside some great players?

Oh for sure... If you're offered starting position somewhere like Perth this season, vs starting position for us, of course you'd go to Perth.
But if you're offered bench-space at Perth vs first-team ball for us, the smart option would arguably be to start for us...
I'm not saying the two are equal, I'm saying that the way it is talked about both amongst fans and in the press, makes it sound like nobody sane would come to any of the last-four clubs - I think that's an exaggeration...
We're definitely on the nose, that's understandable, but if we can't sell the obvious advantages to at least starting and playing, it's concerning.

pjennings

Realistically there are only 110 first team outfield spots for next year. Potentially 55 of those will be foreigners. There are plenty of good players here in the HAL and youth as well as os to do better than we all have at the moment.

garlo

Would take Caletti and in all honesty unless he is retiring I would take De Vere! Strong CB with leadership - been a thorn in our side many times

Antlion

It's a real organisational failure that we move so slowly on things that are so critical, if Alan Stajic is going to be our manager he needs time and certainty. It's frankly embarrassing that it is taking this long to confirm whether he has a contract or not, we need to be focusing and getting organised for next season not banal stuff like this. We need to be one of the most active clubs in the transfer period and not having a manger signed is absolutely not helping that.
I hear the coach isn't locked down quite yet while some other (very good) options are on the table. Should know fairly soon.

I'll be happy with Staj but if they delay slightly to go better then I won't hold that against them. I strongly suspect Staj will be confirmed this week and then we'll start seeing player movements

Michael

I’d take Devere as one of the starting CB’s. But as with any signing from here on out they have to come here with the perfect attitude for us.
Don’t think I’d take Caletti tbh, He’s always had wraps on him but I haven’t been overly impressed. We have Nisbet as our youth CM that we can develop.

MrCelery

Ex-Jest players now on the market:

Ronald Vargas - midfielder
Daniel Georgievski - full-back
Jair - striker
Nick Cowburn - utility
Jake Adelson
Kwabena Appiah

Insertnamehere

I would only look at jair, Vargas and beautheac of those who've been released. Even then those are maybes.
I'd rather we signed some of our own youth then look to blokes overseas who are in lower leagues.
Armenakas, piscopo, mcdougall etc. They may be happy to stay there but gotta try to upgrade.

Insertnamehere

I’d take Devere as one of the starting CB’s. But as with any signing from here on out they have to come here with the perfect attitude for us.
Don’t think I’d take Caletti tbh, He’s always had wraps on him but I haven’t been overly impressed. We have Nisbet as our youth CM that we can develop.
too injury prone. was good until about 25.

Coastalraider

Oh for sure... If you're offered starting position somewhere like Perth this season, vs starting position for us, of course you'd go to Perth.
But if you're offered bench-space at Perth vs first-team ball for us, the smart option would arguably be to start for us...
I'm not saying the two are equal, I'm saying that the way it is talked about both amongst fans and in the press, makes it sound like nobody sane would come to any of the last-four clubs - I think that's an exaggeration...
We're definitely on the nose, that's understandable, but if we can't sell the obvious advantages to at least starting and playing, it's concerning.

I understand your point, and agree a little as well, but the end result to this theory is that we only recruit players who would be bench players at other teams, based on the ‘carrot’ of getting game time.

That’s actually what we have been doing, and the result is we are crap, because there is a reason those players spend time in the bench everywhere else.

We need to break the cycle and recruit players who would actually get game time at top 6 clubs, and those players don’t want to come to the spooners.

Reactions: Ads

Forum Phoenix

Agree we need to sign our manager ASAP. But hearing rumours that there could be some other considerations, so I don’t think it’s simply a case of the club acting slowly,

Forum Phoenix

I hear the coach isn't locked down quite yet while some other (very good) options are on the table. Should know fairly soon.

I'll be happy with Staj but if they delay slightly to go better then I won't hold that against them. I strongly suspect Staj will be confirmed this week and then we'll start seeing player movements
This.

Forum Phoenix

I understand your point, and agree a little as well, but the end result to this theory is that we only recruit players who would be bench players at other teams, based on the ‘carrot’ of getting game time.

That’s actually what we have been doing, and the result is we are crap, because there is a reason those players spend time in the bench everywhere else.

We need to break the cycle and recruit players who would actually get game time at top 6 clubs, and those players don’t want to come to the spooners.

Yep, this is the quandary that only money can solve I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred