• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

pjennings

Tongyik and GG look very good. Impressed with both of them. Gordon looks fit. I missed most of 1st third. But noted Gordon looks in good shape. GG good organiser. Tongyik looks good and brings the ball out well. Two fellas i spoke to were impressed with Silvera and liked Ruiz-Diaz. Moric did not look the goods.

The first third when it was Melling, Silvera and Ruiz-Diaz we were bossed in midfield though Melling worked very hard. We were luck to only be 1-0 down. Second third we started with Melling, McGlinchey, and Kim - a lot more solid and we looked pretty good. McGlinchey, Lee and Rowles combined really well and Silvera looked better when he came on with more quality around him.

Third 30 back to mostly youngsters.

TBH the second thirty was closest to a starting team, with no Clisby, Oar, DDS, starting keeper, Murray or mystery Serbian striker.

Michael

Dreadful. Hasn't got a clue as a RB.

Later he played LM and looked better. Looks unfit at the moment and rusty but has some quality. Could be a useful squaddie, just not the the back 4.

Yeah was shocked when someone said he’s trained as a full back recently
He’s an out and out winger.
Happy to hear the Seoul bros we’re quality, need the announcement ASAP now.

Elite

Any word on the missing players? I know DDS got married but thought we’d see the others.
Mariners FB page replied to a comment saying, "Danny DeSilva is on leave after recently getting married, Oar & Murray are carrying minor injuries so weren't risked today."

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Without a keeper it doesnt matter who gets signed Pearce wasnt even NPL level today, dropped 2 and missed a corner by my reckoning.
The 2 koreans were a class above everyone else out there, we have to find a way to get the paperwork sorted out and get them signed.
Everything else we knew really. Shabow, Judas and Simon are cap thieves and that will hamper our ability to improve the squad.
Ingham is strange as he doesnt fit our system which seemed to be playing with Wing Backs and he isnt one
We need a Striker, a quality experienced CB and a keeper - that plus the Koreans gives us a chance

Last edited:

style_cafe

I heard they ran from the COE to Pluim for the game as well,that`s why a few were missing.
Apparently they got lost on the way...:popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

I drew a lot more positives out of today’s game than I thought I would.

First one is we are a good way in front of where we were this time last year. Both in fitness, organisation and general understanding. We look so much fitter already.

Majok was my man of the match. Completely different proposition to Kubi. Showed great feet and ball control along with his excellent speed. Laid the ball off well too, earned the pen for Matty and on top of that also scored a brace. Plus in general his movement off the ball and link play was good. Whole squad looks much better on that regard.

I know some (like Mick) are still sceptical of him, fair enough, only one pre season game against non HAL opposition, and HAL centrebacks will be a different story of course, but at only 20, mistakes in recent years are to be expected, and based on today, he looked a very promising signing imo. Streaks above Matty.

Thought GG, Rowles Tongyik and Melling all played well and Melling and Rowles are continuing to improve. Melling more accurate with his passing and Rowles looked calmer and timing was very good.

Didn’t see too much of Ziggy from the grandstand.

Koreans are proper footballers. Will make a huge difference to our side.

Silvera struggled a bit first 30 I thought but definitely grew into the game and looks a quality young player.

Ruiz-Diaz struggled for mine. Maybe I missed some quality moments while talking - but he stuffed up twice in front of me.

Ingham put in some good balls and is lively going forward. But looks a square peg at RB that’s for sure.

Nisbet is quality and contributes much more than Weemac. Which bring me to the negatives...

As FFC said, Matty who missed a beautiful set up for a 1 v 1 then failed to pull the trigger twice from the top of the box where any other striker would shoot - was second to everything all day and probably the worst on the park. Won’t win many games with Matty as the tip of our spear. Smashed the pen though.

Maybe I missed something but all I saw weemac do was some basic inter link play and apart from that was yet again anonymous. Especially disappointing in the last 30 when he was surrounded by young players. but it was Nisbet who stepped up, not him.

Shabow, looked NPL level.

With DDS, Oar and Murray in. Really it’s a 1st choice keeper and a visa striker and we’ll be decent. Another visa CB or attacking mid wouldn’t hurt though.

For mine Staj is clearly off to a decent start.

Good crowd turned out too.

true believer

First one is we are a good way in front of where we were this time last year. Both in fitness, organisation and general understanding. We look so much fitter already.

Majok was my man of the match. Completely different proposition to Kubi. Showed great feet and ball control along with his excellent speed. Laid the ball off well too, earned the pen for Matty and on top of that also scored a brace. Plus in general his movement off the ball and link play was good. Whole squad looks much better on that regard.

I know some (like Mick) are still sceptical of him, fair enough, only one pre season game against non HAL opposition, and HAL centrebacks will be a different story of course, but at only 20, mistakes in recent years are to be expected, and based on today, he looked a very promising signing imo. Streaks above Matty.

Thought GG, Rowles Tongyik and Melling all played well and Melling and Rowles are continuing to improve. Melling more accurate with his passing and Rowles looked calmer and timing was very good.

Silvera struggled a bit first 30 I thought but definitely grew into the game and looks a quality young player.

Ruiz-Diaz struggled for mine. Maybe I missed some quality moments while talking - but he stuffed up twice in front of me.

Ingham put in some good balls and is lively going forward. But looks a square peg at RB that’s for sure.

Nisbet is quality and contributes much more than Weemac. Which bring me to the negatives...

As FFC said, Matty who missed a beautiful set up for a 1 v 1 then failed to pull the trigger twice from the top of the box where any other striker would shoot - was second to everything all day and probably the worst on the park. Won’t win many games with Matty as the tip of our spear. Smashed the pen though.

Maybe I missed something but all I saw weemac do was some basic inter link play and apart from that was yet again anonymous. Especially disappointing in the last 30 when he was surrounded by young players. but it was Nisbet who stepped up, not him.

With DDS, Oar and Murray in. Really it’s a 1st choice keeper and a visa striker and we’ll be decent. Another visa CB or attacking mid wouldn’t hurt though.

thanks FP , quality report

plasticprawnsanga

I didn't realise Majok was only 20. That explains a lot and gives me hope we'll find his best (before he f**ks off at the first big offer as it goes)

Insertnamehere

Chuffed that Nisbet showed some goodies. Rate the kid higher than many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred