• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Preseason 2019

turbo

DDS gone on leave - gee he's a class act isnt he?
As much as I’m all for laying the boot in to him it looks like he got married and when all that was booked in most likely some time ago I’m sure he didn’t expect to be back here. Hopefully he doesn’t go for an extended honeymoon and is back in to it ASAP.

turbo

He’s not a core player and Sydney only came back on Thursday. I can see them giving him a week or two to get married given they don’t even have their recruitment finalised. I was going to say it could be poor preparation to not book in the gap between seasons but it’s not a huge window between grand final and now, around 7 weeks. Just feels like longer not being involved in finals.

pjennings

He’s not a core player and Sydney only came back on Thursday. I can see them giving him a week or two to get married given they don’t even have their recruitment finalised. I was going to say it could be poor preparation to not book in the gap between seasons but it’s not a huge window between grand final and now, around 7 weeks. Just feels like longer not being involved in finals.

Post season training and rehab also usual continues for 3 or 4 weeks doesn't it?

turbo

Post season training and rehab also usual continues for 3 or 4 weeks doesn't it?
I don’t know the ins and outs of that, I remember reading Staj still had some people training long after our season ended. If what you’re saying is right that makes for a pretty small window to be able to line up venues and other services. In theory Sydney could have had ACL commitments in that window too if they managed to progress. Would be a bit of a nightmare trying to avoid all that.

Michael

DDS gone on leave - gee he's a class act isnt he?

He’s currently on his honeymoon on an island. We can be salty at him as much as we like but when else should he get married and honeymoon? Between round 1-3? 12-14?
I personally draw a line with my saltyness on this one. Maybe someone can ask Shaun or the club when he’s due back. Then we can start judging him based on the attitude he shows us on his return.
At least he isn’t in LA trying to be f**king Eminem for a month.

marinermick

It's his wedding. We can cut the guy some slack. Congrats to Danny - I hope it was a wonderful day

Nope.

I haven't had a trip to the snow because of forty-two years of consecutive football seasons.He is a professional footballer. It is his job that many can only dream of.

I am happy to accept Turbo's explanation about Sydney and possible ACL commitments. That seems plausible to me.

greenlig

I haven't had a trip to the snow because of forty-two years of consecutive football seasons.He is a professional footballer. It is his job that many can only dream of.
Am I missing a joke here? I must be, because that sentiment makes no sense otherwise.

marinermick

Am I missing a joke here? I must be, because that sentiment makes no sense otherwise.

There is no joke here. My football season is over winter. I don't take frivolous holidays or time off over football season because I am letting my team down. If I have those expectations of myself then I can certainly apply those standards and more on someone who is a professional footballer and gets paid for the honour.

They get their annual leave and should organise any holidays in that time. If they don't like the rigidity of the time they are allowed to take leave then they can give up being a professional footballer.

Big Al

Like it’s his call anyway. We all know what the wife wants she gets :p

Here’s hoping he doesn’t pull a hammy:vhappy:

marinermick

Like it’s his call anyway. We all know what the wife wants she gets :p

Here’s hoping he doesn’t pull a hammy:vhappy:

Let's hope his doesn't just up and leave the marriage after a year and gets his brother to come and grab all his clothes from the house.

Wombat

Looking forward to watching Lewis Miccio the Manly LB. He is a coastie and ex Academy player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred