• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners beach soccer tournament

marinermick

skilbeck said:
ive got an idea that im going to fire out on this thread? next year or for a month or 2 this year, what do you think would be the chances of the marinators organising a weekend beach comp at terrigal beach and how many teams you reckon we'd get, ive got a group of friends of about 8-15 who would be able to play. id hope 6 teams for a small comp this year or 8-10 for a larger one next year would be good, we should stick to proper fifa sanctioned beach football rules and organise a comp based on that. id help organise it if i could get some help from the marinators club or contacts through it

your thoughts people? and are there any regular summer beach comps on the coast?

sounds fantastic

i would suggest another though as terrigal may be too crowded for this sort of thing and the sand is a bit soft

dru

Talking to skilers the other night the plan was more around the corner near the lagoon than where we have been playing.

skilbeck

dru said:
Talking to skilers the other night the plan was more around the corner near the lagoon than where we have been playing.

the sand problem is going to be the same most places on the coast. but another couple of decent places would be wamberal near the lagoon or shark tower at avoca

Ted

Id say Toowoon Bay (where the comp is going to be held) is likely the best spot and chosen for that reason. Also has BBQ areas and plenty of parking!

From the dug out

BFC Main oval Schedule

Youth League game at 10.30am.
(this will be no different to a Budgewoi 1st Grade game, with advantage points being taken on the hills with cars and chairs).
Senior squad training at 12noon (straight after the youth game finishes).
Selected players including LM will then be making their way to TB for beach promo.

PubBrawler

ive got an idea that im going to fire out on this thread? next year or for a month or 2 this year, what do you think would be the chances of the marinators organising a weekend beach comp at terrigal beach and how many teams you reckon we'd get, ive got a group of friends of about 8-15 who would be able to play. id hope 6 teams for a small comp this year or 8-10 for a larger one next year would be good, we should stick to proper fifa sanctioned beach football rules and organise a comp based on that. id help organise it if i could get some help from the marinators club or contacts through it

your thoughts people? and are there any regular summer beach comps on the coast?
i recon this is a cool idea, i help run the Central Coast bodyboarders club at avoca and council permits to use the beach and the insurances are the only hard thing to get, we only have 60  people to cover if you had more i,m thinkin it would be harder to get the permits. And down at the shark tower would be the best spot as its nice and wide and really flat, they sometimes have vollyball comps there in the summer with 2 fields set up. i,m sure if you advertised this you would get a good turn out every month!

Ted

marinermick said:
skilbeck said:

sounds fantastic

i would suggest another though as terrigal may be too crowded for this sort of thing and the sand is a bit soft

I hope it goes ahead as we could have a comp of 6 to 8 teams and a max of 8 players per team. (each team must have 2 females participate to be eligable) I'm sure we could rally enough interest to make it happen. Of course a fee would need to be covered for insurance reasons and goals with nets would also be needed.

T

Great run today.... team is really coming together.... some awesome goals, and saves!!

Ted

Yep, was a good run yesterday. Hopefully we can replicate some of it during the comp.

marinermick

I am really starting to enjoy this beach football caper. After this torunament we should get something happening regularly or has been mentioned a marinators tournament.

Ranyen

Ted said:
I hope it goes ahead as we could have a comp of 6 to 8 teams and a max of 8 players per team. (each team must have 2 females participate to be eligable) I'm sure we could rally enough interest to make it happen. Of course a fee would need to be covered for insurance reasons and goals with nets would also be needed.

I will be in for that :) Missed out this time as I was sure you needed good players :D

BAD BULLZ

Kanwal Bull said:
had so much fun thanks for lettin me join in.. and goodluck in the tournament!

I'm still not guarenteed if i can make it but i'll let eveeryone know as soon as i do whether i can not.

Sean

marinermick said:
I am really starting to enjoy this beach football caper. After this torunament we should get something happening regularly or has been mentioned a marinators tournament.

It was a top run. We're finding some form and getting better at this game, so bloody different to futsal and regular outdoor but we're looking good.

Real excited for this tournament, I would love to take home a trophy before my birthday.

Ted

Perm said:
marinermick said:

It was a top run. We're finding some form and getting better at this game, so bloody different to futsal and regular outdoor but we're looking good.

Real excited for this tournament, I would love to take home a trophy before my birthday.

The difference is huge, it's so easy to over run the ball.

Sand in the eyes doesn't feel too good either lol.

Win or lose, should be fun either way!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred