• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners beach soccer tournament

Ted

Tomorrow people!  :grouphug:

Weather is supposed to be overcast with occasional sunshine and light showers.

Ted

Great fun today. Unlucky to lose the first game due to an own goal and lost the 2nd game with both results being 1-0. We won the third game 3-1. We had many opportunities in the first 2 games but just couldn't find the net. Hope to do it again!

Ted

lol ok felatio
4fvgdaq_th.gif

marinermick

very sore today after that first game collision

also my scientific experiement was left unconcluded after i still had foot pain after 7 schooners, 5 bourbons and 1 rum

dru

marinermick said:
very sore today after that first game collision

also my scientific experiement was left unconcluded after i still had foot pain after 7 schooners, 5 bourbons and 1 rum

I'm wondering what you were doing for a control?

W

Wilson

I thought the day was great...Obviously cause we won it..But also great day with hopefully more similar events to come

skilbeck

Ted said:
marinermick said:
skilbeck said:
ive got an idea that im going to fire out on this thread? next year or for a month or 2 this year, what do you think would be the chances of the marinators organising a weekend beach comp at terrigal beach and how many teams you reckon we'd get, ive got a group of friends of about 8-15 who would be able to play. id hope 6 teams for a small comp this year or 8-10 for a larger one next year would be good, we should stick to proper fifa sanctioned beach football rules and organise a comp based on that. id help organise it if i could get some help from the marinators club or contacts through it

your thoughts people? and are there any regular summer beach comps on the coast?

sounds fantastic

i would suggest another though as terrigal may be too crowded for this sort of thing and the sand is a bit soft

I hope it goes ahead as we could have a comp of 6 to 8 teams and a max of 8 players per team. (each team must have 2 females participate to be eligable) I'm sure we could rally enough interest to make it happen. Of course a fee would need to be covered for insurance reasons and goals with nets would also be needed.

i disagree with the 2 girls per team rule, most girls i know arent footballers or sportspeople and tend to avoid sports at all costs and if a team failed to get 2 girls on the day then they would forfeit despite the fact that they may or may not have a full team. a mixed comp without restrictions is a good idea at least for a trial period. i reckon just use the fifa rules which can be found on the website. also 10 players per team with a minimum of 7-8 should be the way as a proper game is a lot longer than the games played on saturday

Ted

Most girls you know probably arent marinators either skilzy and that is what my suggestion is about. Keeping it all within the marinators for insurance reasons and general fun of the game. Yes we can all go and have 8 premier league players in each team but that isnt much fun for the average player doing it for fun.

skilbeck

i reckon just get expressions of interest from forum members and other marinator members then just to see how much interest we get. maybe get one of the mods to do something on the home page of the forum or something because not everyone will read this thread and then depending on the quality and quantity of the interest we could come up with a competition structure for next summer (i.e. anything from 4 team round robin comp could work, but 8 to 10 teams would be ideal. more than that would be complicated). as for now we should just probably just continue what what has been happening and have games at terrigal beach or maybe have a bit of a trial run of a small comp

From the dug out

How freaky is this!!!

While on Marinators forum, (5 minutes ago) I recieved a phone call from a lady who apparently got hit in the nose by a ball during the tournament.

Seemed in good spirits considering she is booked in for an operation on Wednesday.

Don't know how she got my number, I wasn't even their???

She must of remembered the Budgie shirts on the day, then rang the club?

I gave her the Mariners number at HQ.

Did anybody see this happen?

marinermick

didn't see it

the players had to sign a disclaimer for injury (haha - like they are valid in a court of law) but the lady would not fall under the same waiver

i said to the lady when signing the disclaimer - "geez i hope you guys have insurance for this event"

she replied "yeah we have, this is just an added precaution"

very convincing - not

From the dug out

Hmmm....just felt sorry for her over the phone...hope the Mariners can help her with this.

She said she has 10% use of her nasal passage way.

W

Wilson

Yeah I happened to see it..She got hit very very hard..Took ages to get up..
Actually spoke to the guy that did it not much remorse at all!!!

T

Am keen to have a run this Sun, same time, same place if anyone else is interested??

marinermick

T said:
Am keen to have a run this Sun, same time, same place if anyone else is interested??

i think i could make it

do you want to do the facebook invite this time?

also, ted has the only beach football left

T

May be a good idea.... would be good to do as a regular thing..... at least untill the regular football season starts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred