• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

scottmac

Suspended
I agree as long as we don't just become Central Coast Celtic á la Melbourne Heart.
Completely agree. There should be no sacrificing the identity of the club for a buck now. There has been way too much hard work done by too many people to give away what has been so painstakingly earned.
A note to Sean and Mike, unless they are willing to buy into what we are and what you've built then tell em they're dreaming.

Big Al

I can't see Lawrie ever being welcome back at the club.
Is pretty well loved but not by our current owner.

I know he’s running the Jerks but he will always be our very first coach and a successful one at that.

Time will hopefully wipe off that scum stench

Atomic

I can't see Lawrie ever being welcome back at the club.
I was going to register my opinion on this comment by hitting the Disagree icon, but I felt that didn't sufficiently convey how much I disagree with this comment. This is directed to anyone that believes Lawrie isn't welcome to come back.

To be honest, I am gobsmacked by the lack of gratitude for a man that essentially built this club and it's culture up from nothing. He took us to Grand Finals, a Premiership, pre-season trophy, all on the smell of an oily rag and his own bloody sweat and passion.

Even though he is CEO at the scum, he is still working to rebuild the rivalry, build crowds at both venues and re-establish the glory days of the F3 Derby experience.

Lawrie should be the first person inducted into our Hall of Fame. To think that he will never be welcomed back at the club... (and to agree to it, Sydmariner) is bloody disgraceful!

Fishsdad

Well said Atomic! I agree with everything you have said, and more.

Lawrie has a family to support and needed a job when Gosford Council ceased to exist. To vilify him for working at the Jets football club would be like saying to you that although you have just been made redundant, you shouldn't even consider the offer from the competitor of a company for whom you used to work.

scottmac

Suspended
Look, dont get me wrong. Lawrie is a champion bloke and I love him.
But he's scum now and what he did with the snake is unforgivable even if he's only doing his job.
You can say its disgraceful and carry on but those times of Lawrie being here have long gone. Lawrie may have helped move the northern spirit here and given his blood and tears helping to build something and ill be grateful for it.
But hall of fame? The scum CEO? Your having a laugh. First person in will be Hutch.

Last edited:

Gratis

We are who we are as a club because of people like Lawrie and Arnie. They made career moves that made sense for them personally at the time and I begrudge them not for that. Or Roy either to be honest, from all accounts he's a really decent guy.
Case in point
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/exclusive-graham-arnolds-surprise-coaching-peak
EXCLUSIVE: Graham Arnold's surprise coaching peak
Matt Dorman 35 mins ago

Undoubtedly one of the Hyundai A-League's greatest ever coaches, Graham Arnold's ascension to the top of Australia's managerial ranks has gathered pace since joining Sydney FC.

He guided the Sky Blues to a dominant double last season – becoming the first man to win the Grand Final with multiple clubs – and has now claimed all three major domestic trophies in a single calendar year.

So why does Arnold not regard his achievements with Sydney as his best work?

We caught up with Guus Hiddink’s former right-hand man to find out about his proudest coaching moments in our ‘Extra Time’ series.

"It was fantastic to coach the Olympic team that qualified for the Olympics in 2008," Arnold told a-league.com.au.

"Also to coach my country, even though I was only interim coach in 2007 with the Socceroos.

"People talk about the job I've done at Sydney FC but I think the best job I've done was at Central Coast Mariners.
Graham Arnold Mariners Grand Final
Arnold led the Mariners to their maiden Grand Final victory in 2013.

"We had a lot of young kids, no marquees and no money.

"Working at 80 per cent of the salary cap and winning a Premiership and a Championship there was probably a bigger achievement than what I've done at Sydney."

During his time in Gosford, Arnold and the Mariners became renowned for providing opportunities to emerging talent and nurturing their development.

The ex-Caltex Socceroos captain has enjoyed watching several of his pupils become national team stars and still keeps a keen eye on their progress.

"I stay in touch with Maty Ryan, Trent Sainsbury and Tommy Rogic," he said.

"I'm very proud of them.
Graham Arnold Tom Rogic
Tom Rogic honed his craft under Arnold.

"I watch them closely because they're special kids and it's great to see them doing so well."

And it's easy to see how the 54-year-old's approach to man management creates those lasting bonds.

"I try to treat the players like they're my children. I care about their families and I care about the individual," Arnold added.

"I've learned a lot from good people in the game of coaching.

"The most important thing for me is that I try to help people, get the best out of them and help them with their careers.

"If I can do that, I'm very proud."

Wombat

Look, dont get me wrong. Lawrie is a champion bloke and I love him.
But he's scum now and what he did with the snake is unforgivable even if he's only doing his job.
You can say its disgraceful and carry on but those times of Lawrie being here have long gone. Lawrie may have helped move the northern spirit here and given his blood and tears helping to build something and ill be grateful for it.
But hall of fame? The scum CEO? Your having a laugh. First person in will be Hutch.

Lawrie would be our CEO if he didnt stand up to Charlesworth while Charlesworth was causing the Mariners to be ridiculed by all and sundry.
Signing the Snake was good business as was signing Ernie as coach. Charlesworth was too cheap to fight for a vaulable asset.
Scum are reaping the rewards of his leadership.
Lawrie should be welcomed back with open arms.

VicMariner

I'd like to pick a side in this issue but I can't.
People who are fans of the game and people who make their living from it are just two different camps.
As a fan I feel dirty that Lawrie went to the scum, that we lost Matt Simon, that Arnie went to the bling etc
As a fan I want no scum players to play for us, ever, and no Mariners to go work over there either.
But as a working bloke with bills to pay I can see that these guys also need to make a living.
No one can deny what guys like these did for our club. Like it or not they are part of our DNA.

I love the passion though, for and against. This stuff means things to us. For or against it is important. Just one of the many reasons football is so great. :cheers:

Big Al

Bowling Club?
How is it free?
We always go in Leagues before.
The pregame function at the bowling club. Starts at 3pm. Shaun and Paulo talk at 4pm.
The promo says 1 free drink to all members of this new brew.

Just walk up next to the gates and there is about 3 steps that take you into the bowling greens. There’s usually a bbq with sausage sandwich or steak sandwich and some beer on tap and a bar in the bowlo for soft drink or other beverages

From the promo
the Six Stripes Coastie Lager will be available and on tap at the Mariners Pre-Game Function at the Gosford Bowling Club from 3pm (entry to the right of the eastern gate at Central Coast Stadium). To help celebrate the arrival of summer, those over the age of 18 will be treated to one complimentary Six Stripes Coastie lager to help stay cool ahead of kick-off.

Tevor

f**k it Big Al. You are a good salesman.
See u in there brother
We started going to the bowlo last year and now frequent the place for pre game. The Wife can buy a big glass of red for $5 and the BBQ is pretty good. You also get the chance to occasionally meet some players (those not playing) as well as PO this week. You might get hooked Wombat also they have the standard beers if the Six String isn’t to your liking. Also youngsters have a jumping castle to give Wife some time with her big red.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred