• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Wombat

I tried it and its a nice set up. I saw Recky and few others in there. Oh....guess what.......the new 6 strings beer is not bad at all but we did end up back in the leagues for a Black and a quick slap.

pjennings

This is one of only four Saturday night games and is on the long weekend. We need to keep this game as it is otherwise it will cost us a lot of money.

Aloisi hoping for scheduling help from FFA

Brisbane Roar is expecting their A-League clash against the Central Coast Mariners next month to be shifted to accommodate their impending AFC Champions League campaign.

The draw for the Champions League will be conducted on Wednesday night with the Roar needing to win two qualifiers to reach the group stage.

However, they are currently scheduled to face the Mariners in Gosford on January 27 - just three days before a play-off in China against star-laden Tianjin Quanjian.

"I know what we're going to have to face," coach John Aloisi told reporters on Tuedsay.

"It's not going to be easy and I'm sure the FFA will help us with the scheduling, because at the moment it doesn't look like we're going to be able to play the Mariners on that day that they've suggested.

"I'm sure the FFA are working through it, along with the hierarchy of our club."

Brisbane Roar have finally got their A-League season on track by snatching a sorely needed 2-0 A-League win off an injury-hit Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.

Brisbane would need to win a preliminary qualifier at home on January 23, against Myanmar's Shan United or a yet-to-be-determined Filipino side, to move through to the next play-off in China.

Tianjin Quanjian finished third in the Chinese Super League this season and boast incredible attacking firepower with former AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato, Belgian international Axel Witsel and ex-Bundesliga forward Anthony Modeste on the books.

However, the Roar will be confident of springing an upset as they did last year against Shanghai Shenhua, whom they beat to ensure their spot in the Champions League group stage.

"They've got Pato and players like that. I know (Paolo) Cannovaro was there coaching. I know they got promoted from the second divison," Aloisi said.

"If we get to play against them I'll do even more research on them and make sure we analyse them well and we're ready for that game.

"At the moment, I'm just making sure we're going to be ready for the Wellington game here on Saturday."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/05/roar-hoping-scheduling-help-ffa-0

Wombat

Bullshit.
That's why you have a squad mate.
I'm sure the FFA would have shafted us when you were good but you are cannon fodder now Brisbane so f**k off.

nebakke

It's the FTA game as well... Can't see it being re-scheduled at this point, unless they can get two of the other teams to take it over...
I mean, he's not wrong, it's not brilliant planning... But It's the same argument every year, right back from when we were playing there, so get f****d, it sucks but don't f*****g expect us to shaft one of our few decent-ish timeslots for you.

Tevor

How things change, given the type of football we are playing they probably want us on FTA. Roar talking up their AFC chances, please. They are rubbish and no way they will beat that Chinese team anyway.

Gratis

Can't believe it's ten rounds in already. Off season takes sooo long then Bam, third of the away through the season

Forum Phoenix

Yeah it's too short. They should have expanded it by now to 36 rounds. It's bad for the players and bad for the fans. But I assume better for the bottom line.

Tevor

Yeah it's too short. They should have expanded it by now to 36 rounds. It's bad for the players and bad for the fans. But I assume better for the bottom line.
Easily fixed by expansion but we know how that is going at the moment. Needs to be back on the agenda as they could still do it next season if they really wanted to.

Tevor

Just the same article about us with roar inserted. Not doing anything until FFa sorted out
Also owners hanging out for expansion to up the value, at $20m that’s a leap of faith that says expansion will bring rewards. Not surprised no one is taking the bait at that price and with the FFA shambles delaying progress I would also be cautious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred