• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Offsider

We have clearly upset his mates in our journey, good luck to him it will only bite him in the but. He is so one sided but then that is a Fox requirement.

Like the a-league ......... I think the fox commentators need to move on. They have gone stale.

Wombat

Hill is quality.
Peacock is quality.

Harper, Slater and Bozza are Sydney FC stooges.

Slater and Bozza are occasionally truthfull........Harps in the words of an ex great Mariners is a twat.

adz

Staff member
To be fair we have just been flat out shit

Yeah true but there are times when he seems to go that extra bit further or tries really hard to lay the slippers in.

I still remember old mate Ned Zelic commentating when he said something like shut up, the other team has the ball.... ok you can talk now the Mariners have it.

Comment on the shitness of the team, sure, but keep it professional.

Offsider

I have to admit I was led by many commentators in my attitude towards teams and coaches. Which you do ...... and it is not their job to sway their opinion it is to present the league in the best possible light. While on commentators ........ I detest the pubtalk commentary that fox put on now while I am watching the game. I don’t give a f...... about when somebodies cousin twenty years ago scored a similar goal blah blah blah.

It is now that the real politics of some of the owners has come to light that real assessments can be made. I would not have been so harsh on mc if I had known that he wanted the same outcome for the league as I did.
:doh:

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

All you need while a match is going on is one commentator calling the player on the ball. Nothing else. I get sick of hearing Slater saying that he has to make the keeper work or anybody pointing out that the keeper was off his line when he got chipped.
Or lets replay that from 100 different angles to see if the ref got it right.
Simon Hill calls the games well, that is all that is needed, sack the rest of the clowns.

Insertnamehere

All you need while a match is going on is one commentator calling the player on the ball. Nothing else. I get sick of hearing Slater saying that he has to make the keeper work or anybody pointing out that the keeper was off his line when he got chipped.
Or lets replay that from 100 different angles to see if the ref got it right.
Simon Hill calls the games well, that is all that is needed, sack the rest of the clowns.
I think the major sports should have Kerry O'Keefe on contract as a colour commentator. I could just listen to him laugh at his own anecdotes and piss myself.

Offsider

When the nbl first kicked off and channel 4 offered to broadcast the home games, our committee was advised to call for tapes of the guys that wanted to call the games. We canvassed the nba and I remember the criteria they recommended ...........
don’t talk about anything the viewer doesn’t get to see.
Call the ball movement between players by the players name and the defensive patterns.

We hired phil lynch and his mate ............ the last I heard of phil he called a b’ball olympic tournament by himself ......... great wordsmith.

No wikipedia histrionics pub talk. The worrying thing is hill has started to do research........... happy to hear his round the traps whisperings but he can jam the pubtalk.

MrCelery

Watched the Sydney FC game online yesterday. Commentary was in German. Didn't understand much, but it was vastly more entertaining than Harps and Slater.

style_cafe

I have to admit I was led by many commentators in my attitude towards teams and coaches. Which you do ...... and it is not their job to sway their opinion it is to present the league in the best possible light. While on commentators ........ I detest the pubtalk commentary that fox put on now while I am watching the game. I don’t give a f...... about when somebodies cousin twenty years ago scored a similar goal blah blah blah.

It is now that the real politics of some of the owners has come to light that real assessments can be made. I would not have been so harsh on mc if I had known that he wanted the same outcome for the league as I did.
:doh:
I think he`s a bit smarter than most on here think he is...:popcorn:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just watched a animated Superman trailer and this occured
I7xdlM.png

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just watched Rod Stewart pot 7 corners in a row on the full size soccer pitch in his backyard...boys need to hunt that clip down and study it

midfielder

442 reporting that Gameiro & Lucy Zelic are expecting a baby ... maybe some decent Mariners stories out of SBS for a change.

style_cafe

442 reporting that Gameiro & Lucy Zelic are expecting a baby ... maybe some decent Mariners stories out of SBS for a change.
Congratulations to them both.
I`m looking forward to seeing Lucy at a few games soon (as long as she doesn`t bring her twat brother)...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred