• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Wombat

TIL: wanting to not be competing for the wooden spoon year after year means you're greedy

Wanting an assistant Coach who knows what he is doing.................is that being Greedy?

Wanting to see the team play to the standard of last years Youth team.....is that being greedy?

Wombat

You are not taking it the wrong way - it is insulting!! However, I don't believe it was meant to be. He seems to be trying to be inclusive but it comes across as being a bit of a whinge at the fans.

You can't whinge at anybody when you are not doing your job. The team have been shambolic the last 2 weeks.

priorpeter

Thanks fof posting that! I see on Page 60 only Wyong Thai Massage and not East Gosford Thai Massage is advertised. I will fix that tomorrow!

Went to east Gosford for the first time yesterday. Rate it. Will return. Glad I only went for 45 minutes though, I'd hate to have gone for 90 and have jolic think of me as "greedy".

Edit: f**k you Jolic I'm going for 90 minutes next time I don't care what you think.

Last edited:

priorpeter

What's really grinding my gears, and has been for weeks, is Okon's comment on the podcast last week when questioned about his plan B - "just do plan A better".
I'm sorry - f**king what??
If I said that at work - "pete your numbers are down, what are you going to change to fix it?"
"Nothing, boss. I'm going to keep doing the exact same thing - but better."
"..... get out"

I'd be out on the street faster than I can say "curriculum".

I know it's probably been mentioned before, but I can't overstate how much that statement pisses me off.

Forum Phoenix

I get it. But TBF it's said when something is not working you have two options... Change your approach. Or try harder.

Okon's juts a try hard Pete. ;) Hope you take comfort in that :innocent:

In all seriousness though, taking some advice from our new NT coach would be nice.

"I'm a realistic coach and I like creative football, I like to have the ball but I also like to win and that's the most important thing,
I think it's important that we play in a way that fits the players and also the coach. You cannot play in a way that the players cannot do."

I think we've been trying to play a way that our players can only 66% do.

Big Al

The Socceroos also had trouble scoring. They scored alot from corners and penalties.

The system has major flaws

Forum Phoenix

The Socceroos also had trouble scoring. They scored alot from corners and penalties.

The system has major flaws

And plagued by almost the same issues if you scale it.

Not having true wingbacks.

Our wingers... Maybe others love him, but leckie has long frustrated me - also a poor decision maker and only has one foot. Kruse is valuable and can provide great service but has been injured or out of form too much.

Strikers...the fact Tim at 38 has been our best option by a long margin speaks volumes.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
F**K you Jolic and the horse you rode in on ...how dare he even suggest that a suppoter wanting victorys is being a greedy bastard....Ive said it before , 50 % of our woes could be laid potentially at his feet....fkn nimrod

greenlig

Jolic's comments are being taken in the very worst possible light here. There's no f**king way he meant greedy as a pejorative, even if it was batshit dumb to use the word. The article is about the frustration we're ALL feeling that we've come so close and failed to get over the line on a bunch of occasions. This is just a great excuse for us to target our rage at someone. He may be a shit coach, I don't know, but jesus this was just him using the wrong word!

JoyfulPenguin

Yeah bit of an overreaction from myself, just made things feel a whole lot worse after an already terrible week as a Mariners fan.

Big Al

Jolic's comments are being taken in the very worst possible light here. There's no f**king way he meant greedy as a pejorative, even if it was batshit dumb to use the word. The article is about the frustration we're ALL feeling that we've come so close and failed to get over the line on a bunch of occasions. This is just a great excuse for us to target our rage at someone. He may be a shit coach, I don't know, but jesus this was just him using the wrong word!
True but it’s a horrible choice of words. Comes off in the worst light and to have that word in your vocabulary at the moment is just a severe kick in the nuts, considering how pissed we all are.

Greedy is the last thing you can call our fans after that last 4 seasons

Forum Phoenix

Simple sentence. And I think he meant it,

greenlig

It's straight up stupid of him to say greedy. Not just "haha, wrong word mate", possibly the worst word he could have used, no denying it. BUT, he f**ken labelled himself as greedy too!! STAFF, players, fans. Do you really think he's saying "Yeah, we want to win but we're greedy, as a club I think we want to win MORE THAN WE SHOULD. WE'VE HAD ENOUGH WINNING c**tS, STOP WITH THE GREED." Really?? I am completely full of rage and despair at where we are but fmd.

Big Al

It's straight up stupid of him to say greedy. Not just "haha, wrong word mate", possibly the worst word he could have used, no denying it. BUT, he f**ken labelled himself as greedy too!! STAFF, players, fans. Do you really think he's saying "Yeah, we want to win but we're greedy, as a club I think we want to win MORE THAN WE SHOULD. WE'VE HAD ENOUGH WINNING c**tS, STOP WITH THE GREED." Really?? I am completely full of rage and despair at where we are but fmd.
Yeah fair call

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred