• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Wombat

Is it any good? Sullivans Cove

I still enjoy Jamesons Irish whisky as my number 1. How does it compare?

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Jolic's comments are being taken in the very worst possible light here. There's no f**king way he meant greedy as a pejorative, even if it was batshit dumb to use the word. The article is about the frustration we're ALL feeling that we've come so close and failed to get over the line on a bunch of occasions. This is just a great excuse for us to target our rage at someone. He may be a shit coach, I don't know, but jesus this was just him using the wrong word!
Sorry mate but we're in a day and age where words have a lot of power. For example you can't just say something is gay anymore because it hurts feelings.
If you look at GA and SFC they choose their words very very carefully because words have an effect on people. They've undertaken training to change their language. Sains Twitter page has a post about the book and person they used to do so.
Jolic may have been careless in his words and that is a reflection on him. I still choose to take offence as a long suffering supporter. The club and staff needs to be much smarter and respectful in their language

Wombat

It's only dumb because he has done such a piss poor job. Saying we shouldn't expect to win shows he is by nature a loser.

Big Al

WSW and the nix play there catch up game tonight. We could be in last place tonight or 9 points off 6th. Just well it’s a split round and not to many will notice but an awful couple months could get worse tonight

Gratis

Draw please.
But if someone had to win I'd rather stay in shooting distance of the top 6.

Also sitting in last might make a point about this quality season we're having. Or am I just being greedy by preferring to be in the top 9?

Forum Phoenix

It's straight up stupid of him to say greedy. Not just "haha, wrong word mate", possibly the worst word he could have used, no denying it. BUT, he f**ken labelled himself as greedy too!! STAFF, players, fans. Do you really think he's saying "Yeah, we want to win but we're greedy, as a club I think we want to win MORE THAN WE SHOULD. WE'VE HAD ENOUGH WINNING c**tS, STOP WITH THE GREED." Really?? I am completely full of rage and despair at where we are but fmd.

#EDIT# Bare in mind I was writing my response when the draw please request was posted. Anyway I’m all good. But I do see it pretty differently and have tried to make it clear why as I’m really not “completely full of rage or despair.”

-—————————————-

I don’t think that Greenlig. I think it reads as a pretty simple and awful misdirection by a man with an eye on his next job down the road. Call that cynical, fine. But it’s how it appears to me. And I’ll back up why.

Just as things really start to fall apart, a guy who never seems to say anything, picked this moment to advertise a very weighted opinion that just also happens to shift the weight of any blame onto everyones expectations, and not on his or Okons or MC’s door. Does that help allay concerns of MC his boss and the potential loss of your job? Does it also say hey look we’ve done miracles here but Rome wasnt built in a day to your potential new employers as well - right when when its being strongly rumoured around SFC coaching consideration of Okon.

I think he’s pretty clearly saying we should all still be in the oh wow look how amazingly far we’ve come stage. (Which I’ve given it’s fair due) but we’re beyond that now. So that’s how it reads to me and I think it’s a dick move. And not just one misspoken word, though yeah it was a really really shit one to use.

Also typically if you misspeak and say something even potentially offensive to your fan base. Who doesn’t go, oops sorry, just to clarify that’s not what I actually meant?

And even if i grant him that using greedy was just him being stupid in his choice of words, the fact he threw it at the staff and players as well does not change the fact he’s still saying the problem here is peoples expectations being too high and that he thinks it’s ok to use the term greedy to describe the fan base.

Nor does his use of ‘staff’ means he’s including himself in that statement - by clearly expressing you hold a different opinion that often precludes you from holding the one you’re criticising. And nor does that excuse the use of describing everyone as greedy or your motivations for doing it.

I think why he said what he said matters, not just what he said. And that doesn’t look good in my best attempts to understand why he’d say something so stupid.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

No worries. But having family members that are on the edge - and some who’ve left - read after alll these years of hanging in there that the assistant coach says that they’re greedy has not been a meh in my world. Been one more nail in the coffin. And for someone who has fought hard to keep the faith and memberships, it was totally uneccessary, poorly done and pissed me off.

greenlig

No worries. But having family members that are on the edge - and some who’ve left - read after alll these years of hanging in there that the assistant coach says that they’re greedy has not been a meh in my world. Been one more nail in the coffin. And for someone who has fought hard to keep the faith and memberships, it was totally uneccessary, poorly done and pissed me off.
That makes a lot of sense, I don't/have never lived on the coast so it doesn't cut as close to the bone.

Also typically if you misspeak and say something even potentially offensive to your fan base. Who doesn’t go, oops sorry, just to clarify that’s not what I actually meant?
I was on a TV show for a few months in 2008, said Melbourne "just has a dirty river and it's cold" as a joke and got nailed for it by viewers. I doubled down though, because it's all true. Jolic may yet take a leaf from the greenlig school of media management!

Forum Phoenix

Lol, good story :tv: And I do get people are constantly crucified in todays social media climate at the drop of a hat etc.

This did hit a real sore spot for some and what got me was it was just so counter productive. I have to give it to him though, the timing was amazing.

Whereas if he’d said we’re just a ‘pissant town’ I would have just :piralaugh:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think the issue with the 'greedy' comment is that it kind of blames the fans for being disappointed. After everything we have been through, don't you dare try to apoortapp fault to us

sydmariner

#Storm100: Roux set to make 100th A-League Appearance
At just 25-years-of-age, Storm Roux is set to make his 100th Hyundai A-League appearance in Adelaide where the Mariners take on The Reds this Saturday night.

With one appearance for Perth Glory before arriving at the Mariners and 98 in Yellow & Navy, Roux has been an outstanding performer on the Central Coast for almost five seasons now and is proud to notch such an impressive milestone.

Roux's first start for the Central Coast Mariners was in round one of the Hyundai A-League 2013/14 season against the Western Sydney Wanderers after being signed by Graham Arnold from Perth Glory.
“I’m very proud,” Roux said. “It’s a really big achievement to reach 100 games in the A-League, so I am excited to hopefully play my 100th this weekend.

“My first start for the Mariners probably stands as my career highlight,” Roux said. “Coming into a very good team in that first season after they’d won the Championship and making my first A-League start was a really proud achievement,” Roux said.

During his time at the Mariners, Roux has grown quickly into a young leader over the past two seasons and credits two Mariners’ legends for their mentorship on the Coast.

“Players like Nick Montgomery who have been here from the start when I arrived have always been great to me,” Roux said. “‘Monty’ is still involved with the club, he’s a big mentor to me. There are lots of players in the past that I’ve looked up to, John Hutchinson as a captain was another one – he was at the Mariners for so long and has helped me a lot with my career.
“I’m 25 now, I’ve grown up at the Mariners in my young career and I look up to players like that and take their lead. Over the past two seasons we’ve had a very young team and a lot of the young players have had to step up.

“I was very honoured to wear the captain’s armband a couple of times last season – it’s a special feeling when you’ve been at the club for this long. This club has really helped me grow as a player and as a person so I am very honoured to have done that,” Roux said.

After a one week hiatus, the Mariners return to action this Saturday night against Adelaide United away from home. Roux can’t wait to get back on the pitch and claim three points.
“We’re very keen,” Roux said. “The boys have freshened up a bit, we’re looking good at training and are fired up, ready to go.

“We know Adelaide are a very physical team – they are very fit and we are ready for it. We have a game plan in place and like I said, it helps that we’re fresh.

“We know we need wins desperately. All the boys, we’ve had a chat and we know those wins need to come now.

“We’re drawing and losing games that we should be winning – we’re always giving ourselves chances to win the games. They’ve been tight, but we just need to keep that defence nice and tight and hopefully pick up a good run of wins," Roux said.

Match Details
Saturday, 17 February 2018
Hyundai A-League Round 20
Match: Adelaide United vs. Central Coast Mariners
Venue: Coopers Stadium, Adelaide
Kick-off: 7:50pm (AEDT)
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA 501 & ONE (FTA)
Hash-tag: Join the match conversation using #ADLvCCM & #CCMFC

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
no particular reason for posting...but anyway
TGVO6u.jpg

scottmac

Suspended
For any of you into the e league were getting done 2-1 by Adelaide and there is no difference between a league and e league commentating. They are giving it to us.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred