• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

neverwozza

Nice little article that Arthur from the 442 forum posted a little while back. I have just copied and pasted the conclusion but the whole article makes a good read and its theme is applicable to our current squad/situation maybe not so much the a-league as a competition anymore.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cate-which-team-will-win-Not-necessarily.html

Conclusions

Why should this be? Perhaps it’s because players of a lower standard are more likely to make mistakes on the ball, more likely to send passes astray, more likely to make a fatal error in a dangerous position. Possession football requires a certain skill level to carry off well, and yet even then it is not foolproof, as Barcelona’s occasional slip-ups have proved. When inferior players try to play keep-ball, it often proves counterproductive.

According to the Spanish journalist Diego Torres in a recent book, Jose Mourinho’s attitude to possession at Real Madrid was summed up thus.

1. The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it's better to encourage their mistakes.

4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6. Whoever has the ball has fear.

7. Whoever does not have it is therefore stronger.

This is tiki-taka’s direct nemesis: not necessarily anti-football, but definitely anti-something. The data from Australia proves that below a certain skill threshold, football is primarily a game of mistakes.

Mourinho’s genius is in enacting his theory at the very highest
level of football.

JoyfulPenguin

VicMariner

That's painful but reading through he has previously headed up a bid for a Canberra team so I think he's much more focused on Canberra getting a team not us moving there.
I don't think he wants us to move there....I just think that team name is ridiculous. 1 - it is NOT our name and 2 - Capital and Coast together when Canberra is 54 billion kms from the ocean.

Timmah

@VicMariner you've left a vital bit of information off in your quote of the article which has set off a few people unncessarily.

Let's try again:

upload_2016-10-17_22-0-45.png

I take that to mean he (Slavich) is being tasked with making sure the club's plans in the ACT bear financial fruit, something the club's Tuggerah-based staff would not be able to do with ease given location/distance.

Not that he's CCM's "new business development manager". That role remains former Gosford councillor Gabby Bowles' role as far as I know.

adz

Staff member
He's still employed by the Mariners in some capacity, and he is speaking on behalf of the club.
So when he comes out with "Capital Coast Mariners" it's embarrassing and insulting and hopefully he doesn't use that one again.

dibo

Has anyone picked up the phone to Tony Denny and John Singleton to see if they might be interested in a brand-leading business venture? Mixes property development with community engagement and shines up a halo to cast a warm glow over other projects?

dibo

Singo is a leaguie who wanted the stadium for a league team. He was happy to have the Mariners as a tenant, but I don't think they were ever his passion.

This Denny fellow has been living in Europe for years and is much more likely to have a taste for football. The two are business partners though and Singo would be able to explain that as we're on the verge of a new TV deal and as the Council is suddenly interested in at least talking about a sale of the stadium to the club then there's actually something to invest in rather than something to just fund and hope it doesn't fall over.

Luke

He's still employed by the Mariners in some capacity, and he is speaking on behalf of the club.
So when he comes out with "Capital Coast Mariners" it's embarrassing and insulting and hopefully he doesn't use that one again.

It's rubbish. We had a decent rant on the podcast about it which will hopefully be up a bit later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred