• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Timmah

A few here making it out to be far more than it is. As suggested earlier it's more or less an additional information outlet direct to members (not every member reads the weekly emails that get pumped out), and a lot more people are on FB than aren't.

I doubt the intent is to discredit this place - ccmfans is always going to hold a level of discussion you will never, ever get on FB.

But I also don't think the FB group is necessarily set up as sycophant city - I've seen several folks letting off steam (as they have here) about the membership pack issue, for example. I can't imagine they'll quash discussion that is negative, as long as it's not "detracting from the experience" for other members.

MagpieMariner

I don't usually look at ccmfans on my phone when I'm out, so I won't see any notices you guys post until I get home. I find ccmfans doesn't come up well on my phone. So having a FB page is good for me; doesn't mean I'm going to dump ccmfans, I'm just getting the best of both worlds.

Shaun Mielekamp

These are two entirely different platforms with different audiences. The Members page is so that members can receive and generate their own content without being bombarded by the haters and WSW fans. Some of the content we provide as a club simply cant be delivered in other platforms and this is more of an evolution of what we were trying to achieve with the Skype calls. There is no way that facebook can sustain a genuine conversation and engagement that a genuine forum does. The perfect example of this, is this exact post which simply wouldn't make sense on facebook and would confuse those only partially engaged who just read an individual post without having the nous to understand the topic being discussed. Some will like it and some will hate it but it will give us a chance to do something that no one else is doing.

adz

Staff member
I don't usually look at ccmfans on my phone when I'm out, so I won't see any notices you guys post until I get home. I find ccmfans doesn't come up well on my phone. So having a FB page is good for me; doesn't mean I'm going to dump ccmfans, I'm just getting the best of both worlds.

I'll take this as a bug report ;)
What phone do you have? Anything specific that doesn't work or generally looks crap?

greenlig

I'll take this as a bug report ;)
What phone do you have? Anything specific that doesn't work or generally looks crap?
If Magpie's issue is anything like mine, forums just aren't suited to phones because of the amount of text/widgets? I generally wait till I'm in front of my PC to jump on here, it's an easier browsing experience.

MagpieMariner

Hi Adz, not a bug report or a problem with ccmfans, just my preference for a bigger screen when I read ccmfans posts. I also don't like posting stuff via the phone -- I'm an old bugger who just sends SMS messages on the phone (when I'm not talking on it lol).

nebakke

I don't mind using the forum on my phone, but it's definitely not the ideal way to engage... i think it's been discussed here before, that the forums software doesn't have a mobile site, which is a shame, but far from the end of the world :)
A strength of the facebook forum though, is that you can get an update whenever something is posted... I'm thinking that could turn out to be both productive and interesting, especially on game day... If my coverage didn't consistently fall apart whenever there's more than 5000 people at the stadium that is..

Reactions: adz

Gratis

I mainly interact here on the phone - primarily because my home interwebs is a weakmen.
I find it is quite good all told which can and should be taken as positive feedback and compliment to ye unfurlers of the forum.
(Opera mini is a good browser for it for anyone interested.
It is a considerably easier task to read and write on a computer but that is the issue of a phone not the site.

Regarding Facebook - well done and good idea. I have the facebooks but am rarely on it, maybe once every month or two and then only briefly. Thus I don't expect to use the member site all that much but will still check it out

Rowdy

works fine on my phone

Galaxy S5
Agree, like wise on a Samsung Note4
- its good for the 40+'s as it has/had the biggest screen you can get when I bought mine (maybe the new Samsung S7 does to, not sure on that spec)

I use the Samsung generic Internet browser and the layout shits all over sitting in front of my desktop.

I'd suggest the Samsung Note7 but
......:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup: ;)

adz

Staff member
Thanks all. I'm using an iPhone 5 so it's got a pretty small (and smashed) screen in comparison to others. The page design is minimal to focus on discussion and try to be as good as it can be on mobile but everyone will have their preference. Most of our traffic now comes through mobile so I wanted to make sure it isn't munted on someone's phone.

JoyfulPenguin

Thanks all. I'm using an iPhone 5 so it's got a pretty small (and smashed) screen in comparison to others. The page design is minimal to focus on discussion and try to be as good as it can be on mobile but everyone will have their preference. Most of our traffic now comes through mobile so I wanted to make sure it isn't munted on someone's phone.
Using a HTC One M9 (and chrome) only problems I have ever had are the alerts section merging with other text and unbolding things when typing.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
got my masterpiece signed at the Fan Day yesterday (including by Shaun, cant have him feeling left out after all)...good crowd showed up, one of the better days in recent memory
ccmautoart_zpskdtku3ki.jpg

MrCelery

Samsung S6 here. Rock solid. Very neat layout and easy to read. Especially since the last makeover - Nice clean lines.

MagpieMariner

Well I'm writing this on my Note 4 & it's OK, but I just prefer using my tablet or pc. I like the bigger screen. Nothing wrong with the site, just my preference.

Wombat

got my masterpiece signed at the Fan Day yesterday (including by Shaun, cant have him feeling left out after all)...good crowd showed up, one of the better days in recent memory
ccmautoart_zpskdtku3ki.jpg

Daniel Day Lewis should be afraid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred