• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

JoyfulPenguin

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/489a977e940da40fdf1829f5bb1b73ea
"
Central Coast Mariners pay out nearly $500,000 after settling claim brought by Phil Moss
489a977e940da40fdf1829f5bb1b73ea

TOM SMITHIES
489a977e940da40fdf1829f5bb1b73ea

CENTRAL Coast Mariners’ decision to sack former coach Phil Moss last year has cost the club close to $500,000 after his case for wrongful dismissal was settled on the eve of going to court.

Moss secured what is believed to be the biggest payout over a coach’s sacking in A-League history, having been dismissed just seven months into a three-year contract in March last year.

The former Manly coach had claimed the balance of his $150,000 salary plus breach-of-contract damages, while both sides had accrued substantial legal costs after a succession of preliminary hearings.

The Daily Telegraph understands a settlement was only agreed just before a full hearing was due to take place earlier this month, at which Moss would have been cross-examined about his experiences at the club.

After serving as Graham Arnold’s assistant from July 2010 at the Mariners, Moss stepped up to succeed Arnold when he left to coach in Japan in November 2013.

Initially appointed for two-and-a-half seasons, Moss signed an upgraded deal the following August that was due to run until next year.

But amid a run of disappointing results, he was “stood aside” in March last year, having rejected the offer to resign just before.

It’s believed that negotiations over a payout stalled immediately, with Moss determined to secure the bulk of the monies owed to him under the terms of his upgraded deal.

Both Moss and the Mariners declined to comment on the settlement, citing confidentiality clauses agreed to in the deal.

It comes with the Gosford club preparing to open their FFA Cup campaign next week away to Victorian Premier League side Green Gully, with a squad including several new signings such as former Sydney FC duo Mickael Tavares and Jacques Faty."
Very disappointing to see us having to spend so much on that. But why on earth did we give a three year deal to an unproven coach?

Luca Brasi

Mariners majority owner and chairman, Michael Charlesworth, believes Stalder's appointment is a coup for the club. - Jan 2014

The Mariners on Friday extended the contract of coach Phil Moss until 2017.
“We feel that Phil Moss is the right person to take the club forward from a football perspective over the coming years,” Mariners chief executive Bruce Stalder said. - Aug 2014

2014 was a bad year for decision making. I wonder if this has been calculated into our financial break even year 2016?

localpom

...and are we better off now?
I think so, because we have had to go through 2 or 3 pretty awful years as a club. We should start climbing back now....might be a few seasons before we are probably challenging again but we will be better this year.

Rowdy

But why on earth did we give a three year deal to an unproven coach?

Agreed and despite Bruce 'Stoner' Stalder being the CEO at the time - the decisions on all things fall back to Charlesworth.

The buck stops with MC on this payout figure.

Luca Brasi

Agree, if you have a contract with someone you cant just sack them unless there has been some sort of serious misconduct or breach of contract. Being a mediocre and unimaginative coach who makes piss poor signings (not unheard of in football) isn't reason in itself.
Make things unpleasant for a couple of months and then negotiate a settlement with him to exit.

Wombat

Moss was a total muppet.
The Mariners were completely stupid to give him a 3 year contract.
Rumours of dodgy dealings regarding his signing of State League players to relatively long contracts still remain.
He has done well to get that money and he should pay off his mortgage now because he will never get to front (destroy) another HAL side.
Reminds me of a Aussie David O'Leary.

dibo

The same O'Leary who never finished outside the top six at Leeds and got you to the Champions League semis?

:confused:

Wombat

You are so predictable. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way...lol.

Even you, (with your inablity to see the difference between a mongrel and a Crufts winner) could have had the same results with the spend Leeds had.

That retard, along with Risdale destroyed one of the biggest clubs in England.

He then went to Villa, flopped and was hounded out by the fans.

Since then, he has been unemployable.

You probably would have rated him highly.

dibo

I thought he was a dick, and resented the way he pressured Viduka and Kewell to skip national duty, but I tend to work on the basis that sometimes it's worth putting aside simple prejudices and looking at facts.

Did I say anything that was untrue?

Wombat

The fact was he didn't have much of a clue.
Kewell once stated that they didn't have any idea what he was going on about and used to play as they wanted.
He was incredibly lucky to have a brilliant squad and a chairman who was happy to spend blindly.
He had Alan Smith, Viduka and Robbie Keene and then goes out and buys Robbie Fowler as well.............crazy!!

An absolute f**ktard for mine.

FFC Mariner

Confession time

I was delighted when Moss and his spiteful, scared brand of management left.

Having stood at Newcastle after the worst game I have seen in our history and he kept Hutcho on the bench it was the 1st time I have seen genuine anger from Mariners fans.

A legacy of over paid dross on the payroll etc etc

However. Be careful what you wish for. Our coaching stocks are far worse now as Dibo said a few posts up.

Another pre season, another keepers dummy spit too. He is consistent if nothing else

dibo

Our coaching stocks are far worse now as Dibo said a few posts up.
I asked. I didn't actually say, because honestly, I'm not sure.

I think we may be better off in some ways, worse in others. I think the business is probably healthier, but there's no argument against the proposition that the football side is worse.

How much of this is due to austerity and how much is due to individuals' out systemic failings I'm not game to say from the couch. Others will be better placed to comment.

Big Al

Got us to the semifinals when took over in a bad year unstable year after winning it all and the squad started to fall apart.

He had Berni starting to fire and got Caceras Berni and might have been Duke clicking on a counter attacking style. The win in Brisbane was the best of the season and things looked promising.

So ponied up and then he cocked it up.

Just shows performance goals should be a condition of the contract. $500,000 + $5,000 in TW wages.

Shows why our worldwide search for a manager who would coach for coupons finished so close to home.

Also why TW won't be sacked unless a smarter deal signed

Forum Phoenix

Moss had a far better and more settled squad than last seasons who he knew inside and out. He clearly lacked $$ support also to plug the holes as they appeared, recruited poorly, players showed ZERO sign of developing, his tactics were dour and the worst offence in my eyes was his unwillingness to accept or acknowledge how awful we were playing. TW had even worse dollar issues, faced a rebellion, press, player/manager sabotage, with a very poorly conceived mandate by MC to try and execute. His season was a total disaster - the only bright spot... some players clearly developed.

All just conjecture on coaching stocks until the market has opened, but looking forward to finding out if he's a truly shit manger or was just shit out of luck last year. Much better squad. And they have to be bloody determined to pave a new way forward. Can't wait. But I still want a proper 10.

Gratis

"McKinna’s last involvement with the Gosford-based Mariners ended in December 2014: “I resigned. I got an email from the chairman saying … they wanted me to come out and support the club moving four to six games a year to North Sydney Oval so, as the mayor [of Gosford], as the [club] ambassador and as a fan, I told them ‘shove your money – I can’t do that’.”
also
"John Hutchinson used to nail somebody in the first tackle – I would tell him to do it.”
http://indaily.com.au/sport/soccer/...n-the-first-tackle-i-would-tell-him-to-do-it/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred