• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

adz

Staff member
Yeah sorry guys I've tried blocking that shit in google ads but for some reason it keeps coming back. Might just turn off ads.

Corsair

Yeah sorry guys I've tried blocking that shit in google ads but for some reason it keeps coming back. Might just turn off ads.
No really, it's funny. Cheap thrills! As if I'll click on it but a bit of titillation (so to speak) with my football is acceptable! It's pretty inoccous, far from page 3!

moomoo

Can change the browser you use. Brave blocks all the ads if you don’t want to see them.

Ironbark

ublock origin extension on most browsers will work too

Question - does blocking ads impact revenue to the site? I want to support the operating of this place so if it means seeing ads I'll turn them back on

FFC Mariner

Somewhat off topic but does anyone else get adverts while browsing the forum for photographs of women from various different walks of life with phenomenonally enormous breasts in marginally compromising positions, all with implied promises of greater revelations if clicked upon?
Goes off your search history.
Maybe use incognito mode ?
Mine is camping gear FYI

adz

Staff member
ublock origin extension on most browsers will work too

Question - does blocking ads impact revenue to the site? I want to support the operating of this place so if it means seeing ads I'll turn them back on

It does. There isn't much coming through but the server costs are quite a bit so it goes towards it.
Hopefully I'll get some time to spend on the site again soon (ish), look at some different options to support development and running of the site. The plan is (and has been for a few years tbh) to try and make this a bit more than an old-school forum, try and build the online community up a bit more, and actually be able to offer something worth paying maybe a couple of dollars per month for, instead of just putting the hand out for donations, which I hate the thought of doing.

adz

Staff member
Can change the browser you use. Brave blocks all the ads if you don’t want to see them.

I was referring to the ads settings for the site. They give you pages and pages of ads to go through and approve or block - approved by default. I've knocked out as many dodgy categories as I could, but people must "accidentally" put their listings in the wrong category because we are getting shit that nobody wants to see. I scroll through the pages every now and then and try and get rid of as much as possible, but for some reason these ones are saying blocked in the settings but then they show on the site anyway.

Ironbark

It does. There isn't much coming through but the server costs are quite a bit so it goes towards it.
Hopefully I'll get some time to spend on the site again soon (ish), look at some different options to support development and running of the site. The plan is (and has been for a few years tbh) to try and make this a bit more than an old-school forum, try and build the online community up a bit more, and actually be able to offer something worth paying maybe a couple of dollars per month for, instead of just putting the hand out for donations, which I hate the thought of doing.
I turned off blocking for ccmfans.net, happy to scroll past some ads if it helps

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred