• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Kilsin

It does. There isn't much coming through but the server costs are quite a bit so it goes towards it.
Hopefully I'll get some time to spend on the site again soon (ish), look at some different options to support development and running of the site. The plan is (and has been for a few years tbh) to try and make this a bit more than an old-school forum, try and build the online community up a bit more, and actually be able to offer something worth paying maybe a couple of dollars per month for, instead of just putting the hand out for donations, which I hate the thought of doing.
Not sure if you've thought about it mate but I'd be happy to pay a monthly subscription for a well maintained and friendly place to talk all things football and Mariners with everyone if it helps cover the costs and keep bots and other stuff out.

P.S. I use Ublock Origin with Chrome and never even knew we had Ads here, otherwise I would have turned it off for this site.

Huddo

so after reading it I've discovered the only cap removed is the one on NPL Players. So not only does it now mean we have to work twice as hard in contractual negotiations, after we find them we can get shit on by the big clubs still.

f**k the APL, f**k the FFA.

Edit: please note I'm not saying NPL clubs shouldn't be properly reimbursed. Just want the same luxury that is afforded to NPL clubs afforded to the Mariners.

Last edited:

Rising Sun

so it after reading it I've discovered the only cap removed is the one on NPL Players. So not only does it now mean we have to work twice as hard in contractual negotiations, after we find them we can get shit on by the big clubs still.

f**k the APL, f**k the FFA.

Edit: please note I'm not saying NPL clubs shouldn't be properly reimbursed. Just want the same luxury that is afforded to NPL clubs afforded to the Mariners.
Probably only fk the APL in this case. I think the FFA have been pushing transfer fees for a while and the APL are dragging the chain, wonder why that would be. It sounds as though the FFA have just decided to go it alone knowing the APL big boys are not really interested

Huddo

Probably only fk the APL in this case. I think the FFA have been pushing transfer fees for a while and the APL are dragging the chain, wonder why that would be. It sounds as though the FFA have just decided to go it alone knowing the APL big boys are not really interested
The FFA were incharge of the aleague for 15 seasons, 2 after their responsibilities for the aleague ceases, they push this shit.

I say f**k em all

Last edited:

Tevor

Thats what I find so rich about all the talk now, the renewed push for a 2nd division to cash in on, etc.. The FFA never rocked the boat when they had something to lose but now they're very noisy.
Yep, the FFA need more cash streams so will be pushing the 2nd division agenda. However to play devils advocate perhaps the FFA never pushed it because the losers are the large clubs and hey look who is running the APL now. SFC in particular who "good bloke" is associated with have probably seen the best results from poaching other smaller teams players over the years. I'll say it again, I feel the APL is rotten to the core from the day it started. If they were serious it should be on their agenda now. I bet they drag their feet big time. "Good bloke" will continue to protect his club.

Huddo

Now thinking about this this maybe alot worse for Australian Football then i first thought, Koul, jedinak, and Rogic were all contracted from what I remember, can you imagine if there development was held back because we don't have finances because of the lack of a Lewis Miller sale.
It's f**king outrageous.
I expect SFC to attempt to gut us again next year.

Rising Sun

Yep, the FFA need more cash streams so will be pushing the 2nd division agenda. However to play devils advocate perhaps the FFA never pushed it because the losers are the large clubs and hey look who is running the APL now. SFC in particular who "good bloke" is associated with have probably seen the best results from poaching other smaller teams players over the years. I'll say it again, I feel the APL is rotten to the core from the day it started. If they were serious it should be on their agenda now. I bet they drag their feet big time. "Good bloke" will continue to protect his club.
Don't forget that the FFA were run by the Lowy cartel until a couple of years ago, this is a different regime and we may get some better outcomes over time.

I am willing to give the APL a chance but right now am not optimistic that you are not 100% spot on with your assessment. Good Bloke has said a couple of things about the introduction that sounded a bit disingenuous and contradicted both himself and Johnson, trying to imply that the FA were holding things up. This FA announcement shows who it is that is dragging the chain. Don't hold your breath.

If you look at Good Bloke's twitter account, especially the "likes" section, it basically looks just like a Sydney FC fan account, no sign of any transitioning to having the interests of the whole of the A-Leagues at heart.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Good bloke is an oxygen thief - not hard to run SFC with buckets of cash is it? He has butchered every single metric the new league has. Some effort

Sooner he is replaced by a semi sensible administrator the better
Or a babbling nufty …either would do a better job than “good bloke”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred