• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Ancient Mariner

Does anyone know what is happening with the commuter carpark at the station. I have parked there for years but now they are putting it ticket machines for commuters only need to check in with your Opal card, plus have evidence of public transport use while you are parked. Alternative $30 fee.
I have not been able to find out if it operates on weekends or after 5pm weekdays. Any advice welcome.
Also what are the alternatives?
Arriving early, parking in the street and spending an hour or two drinking would normally be ok, but as I have multiple risk factors, I am avoiding Covid risk areas until the current wave of omicron decreases.
Train travel is ok, but the service is shit for late finishes.

turbo

Does anyone know what is happening with the commuter carpark at the station. I have parked there for years but now they are putting it ticket machines
I didnt think they were on when I went to my last game in December but cant say if thats changed. There really should be an exemption for major events like this that dont impact commuters. But theyve gotta pay for those pork barrel carparks one way or another.

Tevor

Does anyone know what is happening with the commuter carpark at the station. I have parked there for years but now they are putting it ticket machines for commuters only need to check in with your Opal card, plus have evidence of public transport use while you are parked. Alternative $30 fee.
I have not been able to find out if it operates on weekends or after 5pm weekdays. Any advice welcome.
Arriving early, parking in the street and spending an hour or two drinking would normally be ok, but as I have multiple risk factors, I am avoiding Covid risk areas until the current wave of omicron decreases.
Yeah it’s a real worry, I think they have delayed making them operational whilst covid has ravaged the commuters using the car park. I’m worried that after a game every car has to scan or pay, it will take 6 hours to get out.

Rising Sun

Yeah it’s a real worry, I think they have delayed making them operational whilst covid has ravaged the commuters using the car park. I’m worried that after a game every car has to scan or pay, it will take 6 hours to get out.
It won't be a pay car park - you have to tap an opal card that has been used that day (or credit card that has been used as an opal card) in order to get out.

Assuming they ever do get switched on, you would hope that the barriers get raised when there is a game on, given that the games would be taking place outside of normal commuting times. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to have an empty car park sat there whilst everyone is cruising the streets looking for a park.

FFC Mariner

It won't be a pay car park - you have to tap an opal card that has been used that day (or credit card that has been used as an opal card) in order to get out.

Assuming they ever do get switched on, you would hope that the barriers get raised when there is a game on, given that the games would be taking place outside of normal commuting times. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to have an empty car park sat there whilst everyone is cruising the streets looking for a park.
Its a council car park isnt it? They wont give anyone a break. Only rail travellers who tap on will get the free park I expect

bikinigirl

. still wasn't operating last night

. when i first read up about it, there was no mention of 'event' parking just slightly reduced rates on the weekend ... if you were not validating via contiguous opal card use

. perhaps it is all redundant now that lifestyle commuters can work from home ... but it has certainly buggered up the entry/exit at the north end. i think it would be an absolute nightmare if it was operational around match times

Tevor

Bit bored on a Friday afternoon and was looking at some stats.

Confirmed as we all thought that Kurt Ams has it in for us, officiated 17 games and our loss record is 70%. Although it is not the worst percentage, the Roar are 87% after 8 games. The next worst is 55% so he clearly has it in for us and the Roar.

This is only when he is the centre official and wouldn't include his VAR heroics.

Also he has officiated more times for us and the Scum, 17 and 18 respectively so when it feels like he gets a lot of our games he certainly does.

pjennings

. still wasn't operating last night

. when i first read up about it, there was no mention of 'event' parking just slightly reduced rates on the weekend ... if you were not validating via contiguous opal card use

. perhaps it is all redundant now that lifestyle commuters can work from home ... but it has certainly buggered up the entry/exit at the north end. i think it would be an absolute nightmare if it was operational around match times
I suspect that it will bugger up commuters using it as well. In the pre-covid times it was always a nightmare even before that stupid chicane.

Big Al

@Ancient Mariner

They are turning them into designated commuter car parks. Stopping workers in the area parking for free and taking spots off travelers.

They are being put in at Hornsby as well so it’s the whole net work.

You get 18hrs free parking a day provided you tap on and off for travel using your opal card.

If not you pay.

I have seen the Gosford sign under the wrapping and it appears there might be some hours free in off peak times so you should be ok to keep using for the games.

Time will tell but neither Gosford or Hornsby are up and running yet

turbo

Confirmed as we all thought that Kurt Ams has it in for us, officiated 17 games and our loss record is 70%. Although it is not the worst percentage, the Roar are 87% after 8 games. The next worst is 55% so he clearly has it in for us and the Roar.
Both the roar and us have been pretty poor more often than not over recent times. I've got no love for Ams but the stats only tell part of the story. What's our loss with all officials compared with just Ams? If you look at 18-19 and 19-20 that number definitely tracks. Harder to explain the brisbane number but that doesnt factor in specific opponents etc..

turbo

They are turning them into designated commuter car parks. Stopping workers in the area parking for free and taking spots off travelers.
This is how you can tell the people involved in the decision making have never commuted in their life. 10 years ago you couldnt expect to get a spot in the commuter carpark at gosford if you arrived after 630 on a weekday and they havent added any more spots since. The only thing they might do is discourage nearby units or hospital staff using them but I have major doubts over whether the impact of that is significant.

Big Al

This is how you can tell the people involved in the decision making have never commuted in their life. 10 years ago you couldnt expect to get a spot in the commuter carpark at gosford if you arrived after 630 on a weekday and they havent added any more spots since. The only thing they might do is discourage nearby units or hospital staff using them but I have major doubts over whether the impact of that is significant.
Covid and working from home has had a massive effect. The trains have been halved and i can park on the entry level at 7.30pm. There is literally bugger all people in there at the moment which is probably why it’s not up and running but pre covid I heard stories of people driving to the car park early and sleeping in their cars just to get a spot.

Will be hard to see how it goes in the current environment but the bigger problem for me is a lack if trains to the smaller stations

dibo

Maybe the difficulty in getting a park is exactly why ensuring that it's only commuters using it? If people using it as free parking to work in Gosford is the problem, it might be the thing they need to do to make it easier to get a park in there?

turbo

Maybe the difficulty in getting a park is exactly why ensuring that it's only commuters using it? If people using it as free parking to work in Gosford is the problem, it might be the thing they need to do to make it easier to get a park in there?
I don't see the workers in the Gosford CBD turning up well before 6:30 AM to compete with commuters and there was no evidence of foot traffic away from the carpark or station. Covid might make getting a park easier but I doubt the gates will.

Covid and working from home has had a massive effect. The trains have been halved and i can park on the entry level at 7.30pm. There is literally bugger all people in there at the moment which is probably why it’s not up and running but pre covid I heard stories of people driving to the car park early and sleeping in their cars just to get a spot.

Will be hard to see how it goes in the current environment but the bigger problem for me is a lack if trains to the smaller stations
WFH trends will be interesting, a lot of people on the outskirts of sydney arent going to want to go back full time. 3 days in the office 2 at home would have been the dream before but now people will ask why not just 1 or 2 in town? That has knock on impacts on office spaces and a whole range of planning. I know a lot of companies are cutting their office space and moving towards hot desks.

The small stations are tricky - they slow the trip down but skipping them makes them hard to rely on. I used to live near Lisarow station and if you missed your train you were stuffed. Bugger all parking too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred