• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Huddo

I don't understandstand Irvine, he may be playing Bundasliga next year and every game in the green and gold is a dud effort.

booney

Karacic had a decent game and Atkinson is a player for the future.He has only moved to Scotland so wise to let him settle in at his new club.

King played well .Irvine is a trier but should not be a starting eleven player.Devlin,Metcalfe and Genreau will move ahead of Irvine and Jeggo soon

Ben10

any reason why Brad Smith seems to have dropped off the radar at LB? He must be in the mix for a starting spot surely

turbo

I don't understandstand Irvine, he may be playing Bundasliga next year and every game in the green and gold is a dud effort.
Havent seen his club games but it looks like he doesnt fit the plan with the roos. Half the time last night he thought he was a striker

Huddo

any reason why Brad Smith seems to have dropped off the radar at LB? He must be in the mix for a starting spot surely
He's a more mature version of Clisby, alot of attack, a liability in defence. And noting the current defensive frailties in the team, attack ain't what we need.

Allreet?

We all see different things in football.

I thought Mooy was good (especially first half) but Leckie and Irvine were dreadful.

Big Al

I think Mooy is passed it. So many turnovers from him especially in the 2nd half when they had a good spell. has been poor for quite a while now it’s not one bad game.

Mooy is picked on reputation and its a shame because we play worse with him. It’s time for the new blood but won’t happen.

Irvine was reaching his peak last world cup. He is great aerially but doesn’t have the clean feet required for what we need. I rate him but he doesn’t fit with out players and is now on the decline as well. Needs to be a sub but also getting picked on past performances

dibo

Midfield was a little messy. They were stuck facing a block defence, so I think Irvine was pressing forward in possession to try to create an extra man and pull their back 4 out of shape. It created room that Rogic and McLaren both profited from.

Mooy seemed indecisive at times *but* there were several times that he had the ball and played what seemed on first glance a conservative option, but he was likely playing safe with some of Vietnam's midfielders playing pretty high and looking to snaffle the ball high up the park.

Part of the problem is that Mooy isn't really a 6, and we already had Irvine playing in an advanced role with Rogic.

I'm a little surprised that they didn't use Jeggo - he's been handy enough in the past in that deep-lying role and it's his regular position so he's less likely to be caught out of position or feeling indecisive.

As far as qualification is concerned, we might well miss out. This feels like a generation of players caught between the NYL condensing to the ridiculous conference format in 2015 and the AL academies in the various NPL competitions properly maturing - the younger ones coming through are looking good (hence our improved showing in youth tournaments of late, and look no further than our own squad, chock full of academy kids).

So if we do miss out, the damage was likely done some time ago and the steps needed to fix it largely already taken.

It should be the trigger for something of a wave of renewal in coaching and playing stocks - we know from the state of the A-League that there's actually plenty of talent coming through on and off the field, and it might be time to push more of them into the limelight.

Allreet?

Last night was a bit better re selections.

Was Karacic preferred to Grant or was there another reason for Grant missing out? (He should never be picked again.)

Ancient Mariner

Midfield was a little messy. They were stuck facing a block defence, so I think Irvine was pressing forward in possession to try to create an extra man and pull their back 4 out of shape. It created room that Rogic and McLaren both profited from.

Mooy seemed indecisive at times *but* there were several times that he had the ball and played what seemed on first glance a conservative option, but he was likely playing safe with some of Vietnam's midfielders playing pretty high and looking to snaffle the ball high up the park.

Part of the problem is that Mooy isn't really a 6, and we already had Irvine playing in an advanced role with Rogic.

I'm a little surprised that they didn't use Jeggo - he's been handy enough in the past in that deep-lying role and it's his regular position so he's less likely to be caught out of position or feeling indecisive.

As far as qualification is concerned, we might well miss out. This feels like a generation of players caught between the NYL condensing to the ridiculous conference format in 2015 and the AL academies in the various NPL competitions properly maturing - the younger ones coming through are looking good (hence our improved showing in youth tournaments of late, and look no further than our own squad, chock full of academy kids).

So if we do miss out, the damage was likely done some time ago and the steps needed to fix it largely already taken.

It should be the trigger for something of a wave of renewal in coaching and playing stocks - we know from the state of the A-League that there's actually plenty of talent coming through on and off the field, and it might be time to push more of them into the limelight.
Nail, head, hit, right on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred