• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

JackMariner

A little too early to my liking 4.05am albeit I am a devoted fan. According to our top of the class Football federation A League my god didn't us, the followers get a shitty hand dealt to us when these useless twirps emerged. Bearing in mind I did view the website earlier in the day and thought it might be just a glitch. 8 hrs later and still the same info is presented. Well I suppose with their standard of refereeing in this country it is expected that the rest of the establishment it as useful as tits on a bull and my absolute favourite, being useless comparison, an ejector seat in a helicopter, why don't I throw in ashtray on a motorcycle also!!!!! Don't let me get started on the crap for grey matter commentators"legends in their own minds" on SBS and Fox Sports.

Attachments

• aleague.JPG
    aleague.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

JackMariner

We tried to book at Baker Street the other day for pre game this Saturday and they are closed with a private function. Not great timing.
In Daniels defence that private booking was done long before us Mariners massive fans even started dining and drinking at Baker St. Daniel is COOL and I for one am happy to see his business flourish.

Wombat

Totally agree he is great bloke and always very welcoming, I’m just disappointed I couldn’t go there for the final. Good beer, food and location.
Was completely full last Tuesday night. Great to see. Its a quality venue.

Pirate Pete

Seems Ange might be looking at taking Mat Ryan to Celtic.
It depends what version of the story you read.
One says Arsenal aren't interested and he left the club last week.
Another article says Celtic & Arsenal are in a transfer battle.

Ozhammer

Seems Ange might be looking at taking Mat Ryan to Celtic.
It depends what version of the story you read.
One says Arsenal aren't interested and he left the club last week.
Another article says Celtic & Arsenal are in a transfer battle.
He would be a good pickup for Ange imho, as he still has a lot to offer a good team.

Hope they both like haggis… :headbounce:

JackMariner

NBN News reporting high profile players departing Mariners and our coach looking around. On the positive side Kye signing for 2 years

pjennings

NBN News reporting high profile players departing Mariners and our coach looking around. On the positive side Kye signing for 2 years
I doubt NBN would know. Time will tell how many key players we keep - but Birraz, Ruon, Hall, Urena and DDS (though I think he will go) need to be at the top of the lsit.

Tevor

An interesting behind-the-scenes video, & much appreciated. At times, it was difficult to watch, as I believe there were some incorrect calls against us. Then again, I’m not a referee. Man, I do respect them more after this video. It’s a tough gig.
I feel they make it tougher than it should be, just shows Ams having too much control as VAR in that game and King being overly influenced by him.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

An interesting behind-the-scenes video, & much appreciated. At times, it was difficult to watch, as I believe there were some incorrect calls against us. Then again, I’m not a referee. Man, I do respect them more after this video. It’s a tough gig.
The overturned penalty is still an appalling decision.
It was a good video - just hurts having to relive that bullshit again.
And if that header played the defender onside, then how the f**k did our goal in the semi get disallowed?

Refereeing can absolutely be emotionally difficult - you don't show it on the day, but I've certainly had nights where I've just felt like shit afterwards. And a bad game can affect your confidence for a long time (which is, I suppose, one advantage to being an arrogant cock........makes that aspect easier..........). You can screw up games easily just by getting inside your own head too much.
If I have actually had a bad game (and not just what players are going on about), then I know it better than anybody on the park - and I guarantee I can find more things I did wrong than anybody else at the field that day.

But it was interesting to see how down he was at halftime - one thing you realise with refereeing is that even if you've made a catastrophic error (and I've had times when I know I've screwed up badly, even almost as soon as it happened), you HAVE to push it out of your head or it'll ruin your game.
Urena - obviously he shouldn't have needed VAR, but I wonder if his head being out of the game was why (ultimately that's still his responsibility to manage). If memory serves me correctly, he had a general clusterf**k of a game that one.

We saw Ams rubbing it into King in the changeroom angle at halftime - I wonder if he actually gave any supporting words, or if it was all about how great Ams was and how shit King was? That was the vibe I got from those brief comments.

It just shows how much VAR interfering can really f**k the whole game up - didn't even occur to me that it ruins the referee's concentration.
What I find really interesting is that King awarded the decision initially because he saw the arm come out to the ball. Now, it's clear that's EXACTLY what happened.

Kurt Ams didn't, but he's absolutely broken in the f**king brain and wouldn't be capable of reffing an U/9 match (at this point, I find his continued employment more perplexing than his decision making) - but it's interesting how with the VAR interference, King then became convinced and 'saw' something different to both what happened and what he initially saw. It's like it actually changed his perception on the incident.
There really needs to be some investigation by psychology researchers into how VAR affects the decision making process of referees, because here it just looks like the incorrect VAR interference has affected King's actual perception of events - and there's a lot to unpack there.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred