• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

sydmariner

Club Statement: COVID-19
The Central Coast Mariners are working with the FFA, Head of Leagues and relevant Government authorities regarding future Hyundai A-League fixtures following advice from the Federal Government regarding gatherings of over 500 people.

The Club will await advice on the next steps forward and any communication regarding fixtures will be in conjunction with FFA and the Hyundai A-League. This includes advice on our next home fixture, against Melbourne City on Friday night.

The highest priority of the club is health and safety of all involved including our fans, players, staff and the general public.

In the meantime, we urge all fans to practice safe hygiene and take preventative measures to reduce the risk of spread of germs.

• Clean hands frequently with alcohol based hand rub or soap and water
  • Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow
  • Avoid close contact (1 metre or 3 feet) with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms

For further information, please see a media release distributed by FFA yesterday afternoon (Friday, 13th March).

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has this afternoon confirmed that football matches scheduled for this weekend, 13/14/15 March 2020, can proceed as planned. This includes Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League matches, National Premier League Men’s and Women’s, FFA Cup, and community football matches.

A National COVID-19 Working Committee, established to address the increasing threat of COVID-19 to football in Australia, comprising representatives from FFA, the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-Leagues, Member Federations and Professional Footballers Australia, took the decision in consultation with the Federal Government, following advice to ban all non-essential, organised gatherings of 500 people or more from Monday.

FFA Chief Executive Officer James Johnson said “Following the advice from the government, our sport has acted quickly, and as one, to respond to the public health threat from the COVID-19 Coronavirus.

“All matches in the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League will proceed as planned this weekend, and all other football competitions administered by state and territory bodies can proceed as planned. The situation from Monday will be reviewed in line with the very latest government advice from the National Cabinet.

“In line with government advice, the decision has also been made to suspend all international travel by our national teams.

“These are unprecedented times and Football will continue to place the highest priority on the health and wellbeing of all players, fans, officials, staff and the wider football community at all levels of the game,” Johnson added.

FFA will give regular updates to the football community as its COVID-19 Working Committee meets to consider advice received from government health authorities.

turbo

We’ve got 3 out of 13 or 14 home games remaining so what sort of rebate are people after? If you assume zero value outside of games which isn’t necessarily fair you’re looking at $40-50 on a GA membership. Is trying to claw that money back going to make a huge difference for most people - probably not, but how will it impact the club?

I’d rather see some non financial compensation when this all blows over, maybe some bring a friend tickets for next season, extra community and member events, etc

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah I don't think we should want that. All clubs will take a massive financial hit from this already
People purchase a product as part of their membership - that being a number of tickets.
That product is no longer available. It's not CCM's fault, but people still paid for something they didn't get.
There's no question - the club absolutely should be refunding a % of the membership.
Ethically there's no question about that.
Legally I'm pretty sure there's also no question about it.
The club might try to mitigate it's losses by offering something of value instead (problem is, tickets or discounts next season would be worthless and unwanted for a lot of people) - but if somebody wants a partial refund I don't think the club would have the right to refuse.

Now is not the time to be screwing over the few remaining fans.

Coastalraider

I’d be pretty confident that if you checked the ts and cs off the membership contract there would be something saying no refunds if games can’t be played due to natural disaster or act of god. Pretty standard contractural stuff.

Ironbark

I’d be pretty confident that if you checked the ts and cs off the membership contract there would be something saying no refunds if games can’t be played due to natural disaster or act of god. Pretty standard contractural stuff.
I think this is likely also

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Just because it's in a contract it doesn't necessarily mean it's legal.
Though as I said - the club would be pretty stupid to try to piss of fans right now.

FFC Mariner

Charlesworth didn't start the Corona virus. Everyone is going to take a financial hit (apart from Pharmaceutical companies) over the next 2 months.
People need to grow up and get some perspective.
There is no cure currently so I'm not sure how big Pharma plans to profit

priorpeter

We’ve got 3 out of 13 or 14 home games remaining so what sort of rebate are people after? If you assume zero value outside of games which isn’t necessarily fair you’re looking at $40-50 on a GA membership. Is trying to claw that money back going to make a huge difference for most people - probably not, but how will it impact the club?

I’d rather see some non financial compensation when this all blows over, maybe some bring a friend tickets for next season, extra community and member events, etc

Perfect.

Pirate Pete

So, having just announced all returning nationals will self isolate for 14 days, that's Melbourne Victory rooted for the next fortnight.

Wombat

I think its the other way around and the NZ PM has not thought this out. I think the solution for NZ is to test everyone coming in and going out.

Pirate Pete

I think its the other way around and the NZ PM has not thought this out. I think the solution for NZ is to test everyone coming in and going out.
I think they got in before the NZ PM wanted everyone to self isolate.
Then around 3pm our government brought in the 14 day rule.
I doubt MV will get back to Australia before midnight. i think they would have had to rushed to the airport after the match.

Wombat

We decided to spend an Arvo on the sofa watching netflix with cheese and wine because we were sick of the Corona overload. Nek minit!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred