• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Pirate Pete

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird the A league is still going ahead?
Players running around, getting all sweaty and having physical contact with each other.
Then go home to their families.
And the egg chasing teams too. Apparently last week during the NRL if a ball went into the crowd it was bleached when thrown back.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Players running around, getting all sweaty and having physical contact with each other.
And the egg chasing teams too. Apparently last week during the NRL if a ball went into the crowd it was bleached when thrown back.
Yep....I don't think it should be.
Also....the players and staff should be with their families. This is just silly.

Anyway, I love the 'Mariners TV' idea. I think that's good leadership over this whole mess of a situation. Good work to those involved.

jacobsfl

I'll be very, very surprised if the NRL goes beyond this weekend.

The fact that the A-League is still being run goes to show the mental cases that are running it.

Pirate Pete

Yep....I don't think it should be.
Also....the players and staff should be with their families. This is just silly.

Anyway, I love the 'Mariners TV' idea. I think that's good leadership over this whole mess of a situation. Good work to those involved.
I don't know if they said what code it was. But on the ABC radio a player was quoted as saying "I have a wife and young daughter at home".
Enough said.
yeah the Mariners TV is good. If only it wasn't a 5.30 kick off.
I'm still working. Not in an office.

turbo

More like desperate for dollars from Fox
I'd suggest Fox is a big factor and not wanting to give them an early out. If a cancelled season gave them the option to ditch the AFL, league or F1 they might claw back some funds but wouldnt drop them completely. But A league with their other cutbacks? It could be a very real possibility and a disaster for the league.

The A league is close to the end of the season so with a condensed schedule they can wrap it up quickly and the nix can get back home. Finals seem unlikely at the moment though. I would expect all clubs to have some pretty strict rules and regular testing to identify any emerging infections to minimize the risk as much as you can with the way this thing spreads.

Big Al

It’s all about $$$

if the completions don’t meet there games played requirements on there contracts they don’t get paid the tv rights and then the players don’t get paid.
i am happy for them to play on until someone gets it. No different to going to Woolworthswhich is probably the most likely place to get it.

the actual % of infected population is very low.

the key is to not get tested.If you feel unwell stay home and if like most cases it’s a couple of days of bed rest then you don’t need to isolate (after) because you probably had it but officially you don’t. Therefore unless your hospital bound the players could keep the competition and there pay cheques flowing if they did this. Of course this is irresponsible medical advice but some people need their jobs. A lot of economic suffering going on

turbo

The problem is he doesn't want to see there answer which will be that they will tear up the contract if all games are not played.
Going public to put some pressure on them about it and make them look like assholes if they don’t give assurances. Probably not a stretch to suggest there’s a bit of open hostility there which doesn’t bode well for any rights bid in future.

Pirate Pete

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/...-matches-hyundai-a-league-season-due-covid-19

So that's it then. Thank God for that. Put out of our misery for this season.

From the article....“To get so close to completing the competition, only to pull up a few weeks short, has been heartbreaking for the players, clubs and fans.

No, it's not heartbreaking. It's a f**king relief it's over for this season.
Instead of watching the Mariners I can watch a film or something, have a beer and ENJOY watching it.

Coastalraider

The real can of worms is that it is currently 'postponed' which means there is at least some intent on continuing later. How many players will be out of contract by the time it resumes?? How the hell are we going to recruit??

Pirate Pete

The real can of worms is that it is currently 'postponed' which means there is at least some intent on continuing later. How many players will be out of contract by the time it resumes?? How the hell are we going to recruit??
I would imagine "currently postponed" will turn into the season being called off, when the virus problem drags on for a couple of months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred