• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Forum Phoenix

From a recent article in the Sydney Morning Herald about Macarathur:

Should the deal be signed as expected, Macarthur will be paying at least $100,000 less per season than the current cheapest rental deal in the A-League - Central Coast Mariners' agreement in Gosford.

We have the cheapest rental deal in the A-League yet we still kick up stink?

Stink has been about council having done little to nothing towards upkeep and improving the facilities and they run it poorly, food is a joke, which all definitely diminishes game day experiences for the one major tenant and for the central coast rate paying public.

Also if MacArthur can be getting charged “at least 100k lower” I think that means our deal is not what it could be, for the smallest regional side who should have as much council support as they can reasonably manage - considering CCM’s overall contribution to the coast, from tourist dollar to leisure activities and identity.

But that support has never been great by all reports I’ve heard. Time for that to change imo. We have an Englishmen losing 1 mill plus a year to keep afloat easily one of the coasts best assets, while our council makes money off the Mariners and we struggle to field a competitive side.

marinermick

Training for the new season starts today, though I am not sure where after all this rain. Assuming Pluim or COE.

Anyone on ground today to report on proceedings?

NoDiggity

Of the players I saw at the COE today, the only ones I couldn’t put a name to were 3 Asian players and one younger bloke who was with the youth boys

turbo

Hopefully we get some announcements soon then but if we've got even half of our visa players here now we're already in a much better position than the farce of a squad we sent to the FFA cup last year.

Ozhammer

The three Asians were the two Korean players and their translator. Sounds like Staj is going to have fun giving them instructions within matches.....

Now we know why the coaching staff budget was stated as being $1M, with another mouth to feed until their English skills improve.

turbo

I'm keen to see how the Korean players go for us. Parts of the media have lamented that A league teams don't get out of their comfort zone and try to recruit within Asia, we'd rather pick up older players from Europe. If they do well for us you might see more teams following our example. We might even get our own Honda style "it's fact" media moment too.

Ozhammer

Apparently the club isn’t paying for the translator, so I just thought I would clear that up. Fingers crossed their signing gets officially announced by the club soon.

Wombat

Club player functions to Eastwood then ... great Food... get the train to stop at Eastwood again I reckon 1 to 2 K, will travel if that is the case...

No need. Gosford has a quality Korean restaurant in Mann Street. Also 2 other reasonable Korean eateries in Gosso (one in the Imperial and one opposite the P.O.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred