• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

priorpeter

The away trips I did to welly really gave me a soft spot for them. The most welcoming and genuinely friendly bunch of opposition fans I’ve ever met. Daresay I’ll do welly away again this year while I still can; unfortunately I suspect when their license is up FFA will drop them in favour of Canberra.

JoyfulPenguin

The away trips I did to welly really gave me a soft spot for them. The most welcoming and genuinely friendly bunch of opposition fans I’ve ever met. Daresay I’ll do welly away again this year while I still can; unfortunately I suspect when their license is up FFA will drop them in favour of Canberra.
I will be very sad to see them go if they do. Whenever I have interacted with their fans online they have been by far the nicest in the league.

FFC Mariner

Well it's not like we didn't find somewhere to drink in Canberra if I recall (which I mostly don't)

Tevor

The contribute no more cost to travel than Perth does. They generate a fair amount of income, at the very least they provide opposition to an Australian club every week and some of our games against the Phoenix were actually our best rating last season. They also provide some extra cash through their deal with Sky Sports NZ.
The Sky deal is peanuts, I recall reading it at $250k per annum. In the scheme of things against the Fox deal it is rubbish. This is why they only received the four year license deal compared to the rest of the clubs. When I read the article about what they contributed I could see the issues. Understand there are some Nix lovers on here so we will have to agree to disagree.

I will not lose any sleep.

Michael

So I noticed last night little old Accrington Stanley in League One went out of their way to announce their current financial state in some detail to their fans ahead of their seasonal Q & A.
And they didn’t do this because they’re in trouble. (They’re actually doing very well for their size). Because they’re transparent with their fans because they’re a tiny club.

Now, if f**king accrington Stanley can be that forward and transparent with their fans, why can’t our central coast mariners who are still yet to announce the player departure list.

Ozhammer

So I noticed last night little old Accrington Stanley in League One went out of their way to announce their current financial state in some detail to their fans ahead of their seasonal Q & A.
And they didn’t do this because they’re in trouble. (They’re actually doing very well for their size). Because they’re transparent with their fans because they’re a tiny club.

Now, if f**king accrington Stanley can be that forward and transparent with their fans, why can’t our central coast mariners who are still yet to announce the player departure list.
Whilst Shaun will no doubt disagree, you’ve got Buckley’s chance of CCM being transparent on a number of things Michael, particularly with regard to financial matters.

For example: Those who were at the recent forum will have heard Anton state that there is $1M available for the football department budget, yet whilst the Rehab Physio has been given the S&C role, the position he is vacating isn’t being replaced, so the headcount is still below the minimum required. I am also hearing that there are issues with getting approval to invest in equipment and software that is required for the start of pre-season, when the players are returning next week, so why is that?

I also understand that numerous player signings are already done (including two visa spots), so why the continued silence from the Club, when early bird memberships launched this week?

The club really needs to learn how to communicate better and control its own narrative but many of us have been saying that for years, so I shan’t be holding my breath.

JoyfulPenguin

Whilst Shaun will no doubt disagree, you’ve got Buckley’s chance of CCM being transparent on a number of things Michael, particularly with regard to financial matters.

For example: Those who were at the recent forum will have heard Anton state that there is $1M available for the football department budget, yet whilst the Rehab Physio has been given the S&C role, the position he is vacating isn’t being replaced, so the headcount is still below the minimum required. I am also hearing that there are issues with getting approval to invest in equipment and software that is required for the start of pre-season, when the players are returning next week, so why is that?

I also understand that numerous player signings are already done (including two visa spots), so why the continued silence from the Club, when early bird memberships launched this week?

The club really needs to learn how to communicate better and control its own narrative but many of us have been saying that for years, so I shan’t be holding my breath.
So we just shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic instead of actually doing anything? I desperately want to be optimistic about our club but this is stuff that NPL clubs manage correctly. If we are going to be as unorganised as we have been again then we are going to have the same problems again, changing the head coach and assistant is not going to fix that.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

FMD a physio can not be doing an S&C role it is a seperate discipline which a physio hasn't done the requisite learning. You need a sports scientist and a physio. Just as you need a goalie coach and outfield coaches.

JoyfulPenguin

We need definite timelines for the hiring of staff, a new physio or strength and conditioning coach (if the guy now employed is qualified to be a strength and conditioning coach). We seriously cannot be ten days out from the start of pre-season and not have all our backroom staff sorted, it's mind boggling. We are not making use of the limited resources we have, we need to be more organized then every other club in the league not doing everything at the last minute. I'm sorry Anton but this is not "spending wisely".

turbo

I agree with what you're saying about transparency, and to an extent we don't really have a right to know the internal politics and movements anyway, most of that speculation and concern stems from a lack of faith thats been earned many times over in the last few years. I doubt many more successful (lately) clubs are getting the same scrutiny.

But the lack of news and launching early bird memberships is one of those mind boggling classic CCM things that a casual observer would say wtf. Now maybe they have a marketing strategy and they're looking to flood us with a steady stream of news but if thats the case why advertise for renewal before that event starts and presumably charge people for auto roll over memberships? Leave it a few more days or a week or two, open renewals and drop a decent announcement on the back of it. The only way it makes sense this way is if all the done deals are meh signings and we're waiting for a good one to avoid a riot. The best thing the fans could do for now is withhold renewal until they make some noise, even if you're 100% committed to renewing hold out until later in the early bird window to show you expect to see some developments before you commit your money to the club.

Big Al

Because why waste news on members who are signing up regardless.

News of signings are usually towards the end of early bird offers or start of general public offers.

I know it’s the off-season and everyone is bored bit just setle down on the announcements. Also the players probably on holidays. Wait for training to re-commence when they can have a photo and some local media gigs.

Just take the week off like everyone at the club

Michael

Okay so let’s have some fun and compare our kind of spending and recent success to that of one the smallest clubs in the English football leagues. Who are in what I’m pretty sure is their first ever season in league 1. (I have a huge soft spot for them)
Here’s the main details of accrington’s finances from last season.
  • Net assets – £2,256,319 (up over £1.5m from 2017/18)
  • Fixed asset spend – £1,915,095 (up over £1.75m from 2017/18)
  • Commercial revenue – £297,527 (up over £100,000 from 2017/18)
  • Merchandise revenue – £97,158 (up over £10,000 from 2017/18)
  • Playing budget – £1,699,754 (up over £600,000 from 2017/18)

And their stadium only holds 5,450 (3,100 seared)
And you better believe their owner or board members aren’t any where near as wealthy as Charlesworth and they don’t get there seasonal spending given to them via a TV deal. League 1 and 2 tv deals are very average and many clubss barely get live coverage.

Tevor

I agree with what you're saying about transparency, and to an extent we don't really have a right to know the internal politics and movements anyway, most of that speculation and concern stems from a lack of faith thats been earned many times over in the last few years. I doubt many more successful (lately) clubs are getting the same scrutiny.

But the lack of news and launching early bird memberships is one of those mind boggling classic CCM things that a casual observer would say wtf. Now maybe they have a marketing strategy and they're looking to flood us with a steady stream of news but if thats the case why advertise for renewal before that event starts and presumably charge people for auto roll over memberships? Leave it a few more days or a week or two, open renewals and drop a decent announcement on the back of it. The only way it makes sense this way is if all the done deals are meh signings and we're waiting for a good one to avoid a riot. The best thing the fans could do for now is withhold renewal until they make some noise, even if you're 100% committed to renewing hold out until later in the early bird window to show you expect to see some developments before you commit your money to the club.
I’m definitely holding off, feel I will more than likely renew the whole family but have also set an ultimatum that another diabolical season and that’s us done until the club improves. The early bird discount is the only attraction as I don’t feel my seats are under threat, totally opposite in fact. Shame because the atmosphere will be ordinary at the start of season when it shouldn’t be and only winning will improve that. Be surprised if we have more than 2,000 members by season kick off. Not concerned by the delays at the moment.

JoyfulPenguin

From a recent article in the Sydney Morning Herald about Macarathur:

Should the deal be signed as expected, Macarthur will be paying at least $100,000 less per season than the current cheapest rental deal in the A-League - Central Coast Mariners' agreement in Gosford.

We have the cheapest rental deal in the A-League yet we still kick up stink?

pjennings

From a recent article in the Sydney Morning Herald about Macarathur:

Should the deal be signed as expected, Macarthur will be paying at least $100,000 less per season than the current cheapest rental deal in the A-League - Central Coast Mariners' agreement in Gosford.

We have the cheapest rental deal in the A-League yet we still kick up stink?

Last I heard Coopers was the cheapest. We have problems because we are a council run ground. Campbelltown Stadium, like Central Coast Stadium and Brookvale Oval are all council run grounds. The common theme in all of them is that they have only been run by the various councils as a cost recovery exercise. They have not been exploited as community assets, indeed for the most part they are locked away from use by the community while little investment in improving facilities is undertaken.

As the 9th largest urban area in the country the amount of money invested in maintenance and improvement in the last 20 years since its initial build have been sorely lacking.

Campbelltown City Council are now changing their tune - in support of the new South Western Sydney A-League team has now committed to changing their strategy.

Campbelltown City Council's acting Director of City Lifestyles, Jenny Franke says their vision is to see the south west Sydney stadium transformed into a "significant sporting, recreation and entertainment destination.

"As part of this vision, the stadium and broader precinct would provide further opportunities to host a range of activities including live events and concerts.

"This is one part of (the) Council’s strategy to provide sporting and entertainment opportunities for current and future residents in one of Australia’s fastest growing regions and provide a venue that is accessible, rather than having to drive over an hour to access entertainment and sports venues in Moore Park, Homebush or Parramatta.

"The accessibility of the Campbelltown Sports Stadium is unrivalled anywhere in Sydney with adjacent public transport options, including a train station within 100 metres, and access off major road links."

As a community asset the Council keeps the asset shut for much of the year. It charges it's main tenant a not insignificant 'base cost' while reportedly offering much better deals to travelling NRL teams. It is time for the Council to change their stadium strategy as Campbelltown has committed to do, open it up more to the ratepayers with more live events, sports and concerts.and look after their anchor tenant with a better deal rather than sweetheart deals for one-off events.

TBH the Council has only made some recent improvements because of the bad PR they got from MC. Even then they cost us a W-League team by delivering the new change rooms 16 months late. When you consider there is not even a decent function room or proper commercial kitchen at the Stadium I would suggest that we are overpaying for the privilege of playing at a beautiful situated but fairly basic stadium with poor facilities for a modern stadium.

Insertnamehere

Last I heard Coopers was the cheapest. We have problems because we are a council run ground. Campbelltown Stadium, like Central Coast Stadium and Brookvale Oval are all council run grounds. The common theme in all of them is that they have only been run by the various councils as a cost recovery exercise. They have not been exploited as community assets, indeed for the most part they are locked away from use by the community while little investment in improving facilities is undertaken.

As the 9th largest urban area in the country the amount of money invested in maintenance and improvement in the last 20 years since its initial build have been sorely lacking.

Campbelltown City Council are now changing their tune - in support of the new South Western Sydney A-League team has now committed to changing their strategy.

Campbelltown City Council's acting Director of City Lifestyles, Jenny Franke says their vision is to see the south west Sydney stadium transformed into a "significant sporting, recreation and entertainment destination.

"As part of this vision, the stadium and broader precinct would provide further opportunities to host a range of activities including live events and concerts.

"This is one part of (the) Council’s strategy to provide sporting and entertainment opportunities for current and future residents in one of Australia’s fastest growing regions and provide a venue that is accessible, rather than having to drive over an hour to access entertainment and sports venues in Moore Park, Homebush or Parramatta.

"The accessibility of the Campbelltown Sports Stadium is unrivalled anywhere in Sydney with adjacent public transport options, including a train station within 100 metres, and access off major road links."

As a community asset the Council keeps the asset shut for much of the year. It charges it's main tenant a not insignificant 'base cost' while reportedly offering much better deals to travelling NRL teams. It is time for the Council to change their stadium strategy as Campbelltown has committed to do, open it up more to the ratepayers with more live events, sports and concerts.and look after their anchor tenant with a better deal rather than sweetheart deals for one-off events.

TBH the Council has only made some recent improvements because of the bad PR they got from MC. Even then they cost us a W-League team by delivering the new change rooms 16 months late. When you consider there is not even a decent function room or proper commercial kitchen at the Stadium I would suggest that we are overpaying for the privilege of playing at a beautiful situated but fairly basic stadium with poor facilities for a modern stadium.
As someone who loves their lawn wont somebody think of the grass...?!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Campbelltown was getting used by the NRL Tigers , they even changed the name of the adjoining club , then for some inexplicable reason f**ked off to Homebush with dearer rents and over heads ...council run grounds aren’t

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred