• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marinators songs

P

Pete

I saw a performance of The Waifs at WomAdelaide last night on TV. I couldn't help but be struck that the song "From Little Things, Big Things Grow" would be something that could be adapted to the Marinators.

Maybe sing the chorus of that song
'From Little Things - Big things groow,
From Little Things - Big Things grow"

as a tifo banner (like that skulls and bones tifo that radar suggested) is unfurled?

BiggusMickus

How about a version of the Coldplay song Yellow (even has the right title).

See the stars and how they shine for you
In everything that they do
'Cause they are all yellow

Our Mariners we know their aim is true
They'll take 3 points from you
'Cause they are all yellow

Pokes

keensy said:
The day the stupid "your shit arrrrrrrrr" song dies will be a day to celebrate

As in the "You fat bastard, you fat bastard..." etc one?

Some mates of mine (drunk, of course) started yelling once "You touch children, You touch children, your a cuuuuuuuunnnnnntttttt".

However, with it being incredibly, INCREDIBLY inappropriate I don't see it catching on.

Or there's always the ol' "All in all its just another PRICK IN THE GOALS!" (like, Brick in the Wall...). And going with that is "Hey! Covic! Leave those kids alone!"

However, I know peadolphelia (sp?) is not something to joke about.

dibo

you should've punched him out
you know we all agree that

serious14

Song Song, wherever you may be
They all eat dogs in your home country
But I'd rather be Korean than Newcastle Scum
Sitting at home and f*cking my Mum

Eloquent, no??  :p

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Racist over tones might need to go but references to bogan sexual practices is quite reasonable

Any suggestions?

"I'd rather be a Coastie than Newcastle scum" perhaps?  Doesn't quite work then with the dog reference......

Paolo

serious14 said:

Eloquent, no??   :p
Tells it how it is...i like it
Racism was around before football

dibo

keensy said:
serious14 said:

Eloquent, no??  :p
Tells it how it is...i like it
Racism was around before football

racism can get f**ked everywhere, including at football.

LFCMariners

I like the idea of chanting ''Gary von Egmond's dole queue army!''

Also this one I made up, to the tune of 'Heaven is a halfpipe'

''If I die and God is near,
I'll still have the Mariners to cheer
'Cause in Newcastle I can't do shit
Without my sister on my dick"

Or whenever Griffiths takes a dive:

"Griffiths, show us your minge, Griffiths Griffiths show us your minge!"

BJ said:
I like the idea of chanting ''Gary von Egmond's dole queue army!''

Also this one I made up, to the tune of 'Heaven is a halfpipe'

''If I die and God is near,
I'll still have the Mariners to cheer
'Cause in Newcastle I can't do shit
Without my sister on my dick"

Or whenever Griffiths takes a dive:

"Griffiths, show us your minge, Griffiths Griffiths show us your minge!"
Hey BJ is on to something here, got any more im liking it

We need a song that is OUR song that everybody recognises. Liverpool " You'll never walk alone" is a good example ( even though their is great history behind it and has evolved for years, but if we can work towards it, that would be awesome. Even something simple like sydney's nick nack paddy whack song, would be alright, cuz even though i sing em, our songs suck ( sorry but had to be said, didnt mean any offence). I know that im not contributing to songs, but thats because i dont know, maybe someone else has more ideas?

Gav...

If we were going to have a club athem we need something simple and easy for every one to sing, also in  would be good if like the music could be played over the pa system. All AFL clubs have athems and all of their supporters no the song and sing along with it. for eg/ when i was at the afl grand final in 2005 after the swans won that their club anthem was sung for like 10 - 15 mins after they won just repeating and the atmosphere was electric....

LFCMariners

I think that's where the Yellow Football Team song is good, because it's distinctively ours. I would rather that than a chant that other A-League fans have. In the meantime, tell me what you think of this one, to the tune of 'Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler' (Dad's Army theme song):

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE KIDDING (TEAM NAME)
IF YOU THINK THE COAST IS DONE
WE ARE THE TEAM WHO ARE GUNNA KICK YOUR ARSE
WE ARE THE TEAM YOU WON'T WANT TO PLAY AGAIN
SO WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE KIDDING (TEAM NAME)
IF YOU THINK THE COAST IS DONE!

This would be a good song to sing at the start of the game, or if we're winning convincingly. It's a fairly simple tune as well.

Part_Timer

smitho_football17 said:
cuz even though i sing em, our songs suck ( sorry but had to be said, didnt mean any offence). I know that im not contributing to songs, but thats because i dont know, maybe someone else has more ideas?

great comment champ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred