• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Killarney U14Bs

Ted

Hey all, I'm coaching the Killarney U14Bs this year and we are in need of a few players to complete our U14 squads. There's 2 teams running (14B & 14D's) and both are in need of extra players. With only 11 players in each a few extras would make life a bit easier all concerned throughout the season. Also, if you are an under 13 and want to have a run with the 14's then message me or leave a reply...

cheers
Ted

Jolly_Roger

Something to consider if you are running a fine line with numbers

Our club will sometimes look to dual register three of four girls over into an age division from the womens teams. Providing they are up to the standard, they can certainly get you out of trouble without the need to find extra players. The best girls would have no trouble slotting into a D division team. My son played 14B division last year and there were numerous girls in a number of teams that were keeping up with the boys.

Ted

Thanks for the info, will mention it to the committee and see if they run with it.

Ted

Well mentioned it and little seems to have come of it unfortunately as most teams seem to have just made the numbers required to field a team this year. Soooooo, any U14s not yet registered and keen on having a run with the Killarney District U14Bs give me a holler please!

Ted

Azza said:
yes we REALLY need more players

Especially now you have fractured your fibula..... So that's 2 players out for a month or more from a squad of 11 before the season even starts....

RADINHO

oh well the kariong team u beat in the finals last year have got a full squad and its got lots of new reps in it.

Ted

hmmm ok, thanks for you valuable input mate. Still a little disgruntled with your GF loss last year?

Ted

Down to 8 players now with Azza sidelined for 3 months with fractures to his right fibula and tibia. We have definately been cursed this year....  :-\

Kareem

Radinho wasnt in that team last year!
Far out things are hard for you!
2 ideas
1) really start callin up coaches from 13s and 12s at your club (I personally have been callin up my 11s to play 13s coz of our problems)
2) Look at dual registering some girls!
Good luck
On a side note my team are playin really well at the moment but lackin in scoring goals (1-1 with Avoca 13c's and we dominated and could only score thru a penalty).
So 1-0 (win) and 1-1 in trial games and the 1-0 goal was a long range shot that went along ground and keepr air swung (robinson anyone?).
Not to mention 10 kids on team dont want to play defender!

Ted

Kareem said:
2 ideas
1) really start callin up coaches from 13s and 12s at your club (I personally have been callin up my 11s to play 13s coz of our problems)
Good luck
On a side note my team are playin really well at the moment but lackin in scoring goals (1-1 with Avoca 13c's and we dominated and could only score thru a penalty).
So 1-0 (win) and 1-1 in trial games and the 1-0 goal was a long range shot that went along ground and keepr air swung (robinson anyone?).

Fair enough about Radinho...

We are going to have to draw players from the 14Ds, the 12s and the 13 years age groups for most of the season, just to get 11 on the pitch. We just have to be carefull of the 4 game rule and with dual registering players. no one seems keen on the idea from what i can gather....

The ironic thing is when we play Kariong in R2 we will only have 8 players available for the match. I guess we are in for a decent touch up if they have so many reps in the squad now....

We played Terrigal 15Ds last week and had to borrow players. We were down to 10 by half time and behind 2-0. By the end of the match we had 8 on the field and lost 6-0. The boys played well and had a few decent digs and unlucky misses. The short fall of players took its toll though..

Hard to get a team to gel when I have to borrow players with varied skill levels every week though...

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
2 ideas
Good luck

We are going to have to draw players from the 14Ds, the 12s and the 13 years age groups for most of the season, just to get 11 on the pitch. We just have to be carefull of the 4 game rule and with dual registering players. no one seems keen on the idea from what i can gather....

The ironic thing is when we play Kariong in R2 we will only have 8 players available for the match. I guess we are in for a decent touch up if they have so many reps in the squad now....

We played Terrigal 15Ds last week and had to borrow players. We were down to 10 by half time and behind 2-0. By the end of the match we had 8 on the field and lost 6-0. The boys played well and had a few decent digs and unlucky misses. The short fall of players took its toll though..

Hard to get a team to gel when I have to borrow players with varied skill levels every week though...
1) the 4 game rule is for players who miss their game! I can send you the CCF rules if you like (email- kmohamed1990@gmail.com). If they play their game on the weekend first then there is no problem! (they changed it in last two years!)
2) For team gelling do waht i do! I dont know bout the situation at Killarney. But at SEU u12s and u11s only train once weekly whilst we train twice!!! I have invited to 12B's, 2 11s and will in future invited 2 12d's to train with us when they arent trainin in order to get them to gel in (today had two 11s players). Then week to week depending on draws I take whoever can play in order of 12B's>12D's>11s. eg. this weekend both u12 team are playin therefore i will take one or maybe both 11s.

3) You ever had problems with players attitudes? I had 2 of my centre mids refusing to rotate to defensive positions in training during a game of attack vs defence. One of them looks to be possibly quitting as a result (when he refused i told him to go home). I think problem is I am too young (18)...although the other 10 players are pretty good!
These two guys are probably my 4th/5th best players (so important but not that much)
One of them tried arguing that he doesnt need to practice defence as he plays midfield. I tried to explain to him the dual responsibilites of attack + defence in midfield but to no avail!

Ted

Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
2 ideas
Good luck

1) the 4 game rule is for players who miss their game! I can send you the CCF rules if you like (email- kmohamed1990@gmail.com). If they play their game on the weekend first then there is no problem! (they changed it in last two years!)
2) For team gelling do waht i do! I dont know bout the situation at Killarney. But at SEU u12s and u11s only train once weekly whilst we train twice!!! I have invited to 12B's, 2 11s and will in future invited 2 12d's to train with us when they arent trainin in order to get them to gel in (today had two 11s players). Then week to week depending on draws I take whoever can play in order of 12B's>12D's>11s. eg. this weekend both u12 team are playin therefore i will take one or maybe both 11s.

3) You ever had problems with players attitudes? I had 2 of my centre mids refusing to rotate to defensive positions in training during a game of attack vs defence. One of them looks to be possibly quitting as a result (when he refused i told him to go home). I think problem is I am too young (18)...although the other 10 players are pretty good!
These two guys are probably my 4th/5th best players (so important but not that much)
One of them tried arguing that he doesnt need to practice defence as he plays midfield. I tried to explain to him the dual responsibilites of attack + defence in midfield but to no avail!

Fair enough and thanks for the info. I will clear that 'rule' up with the club. Unfortunately the club has struggled with having  sufficient 10 to 16 year old age players this year. Most teams are lucky to have 1 reserve in each team. Last year was the opposite....

Attitude problems is something I think just about every coach will encounter no matter what the age group or grade he/she is coaching. Although it may be a bit worse if you are closer in age to them I guess.

I do have a couple of players that like to 'run amok' sometimes during training, which is a shame as they would be great footballers if they could focus long enough. We also train twice a week. But I think most Killarney teams are doing the same thing this year....

Kareem

well most juniors only have one night a week but since we train so early (4:30-6pm) we are allowed to!
good luck with your team. Let us know how tey go this weekend!

RADINHO

MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
2 ideas
Good luck

Fair enough and thanks for the info. I will clear that 'rule' up with the club. Unfortunately the club has struggled with having  sufficient 10 to 16 year old age players this year. Most teams are lucky to have 1 reserve in each team. Last year was the opposite....

Attitude problems is something I think just about every coach will encounter no matter what the age group or grade he/she is coaching. Although it may be a bit worse if you are closer in age to them I guess.

I do have a couple of players that like to 'run amok' sometimes during training, which is a shame as they would be great footballers if they could focus long enough. We also train twice a week. But I think most Killarney teams are doing the same thing this year....

Killarney relegation bound...

but i didn't even play in that gf so with my deepest respect good luck this season

Ted

Thanks. Never know we may pick up one or two decent players early into the season.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred