• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

January Transfer Window

FFC Mariner

As window draws to a close

Giles Barnes on loan from Derby with a right to buy (done)

Dacourt from Inter on loan (rumoured)

ps - Bullard out injured (same knee) v strong rumours that he would have failed a medical and Fulham knew his knee was f**ked. Apparently Hull wanted him at all costs and signed him anyway. Scott Parker tackle (again lol).

serious14

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=614956&sec=transfers&&cc=3436

Shay Given to Man City pending a medical.

FFC Mariner

From the Fulham unofficial MB. If you havent seen the original Monty Python "Dead Parrot" sketch, check it out 1st.

Monty Pythons crocked footballer sketch

A northern man, Mr Brown, enters Honest Roys Second Hand Footballer emporium with a footballer

Mr Brown: Hello, I wish to register a complaint.

Honest Roy: Im afraid the transfer window is closed.

Mr Brown: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this footballer what I purchased not two weeks ago from this very boutique.

Honest Roy: Oh yes, the, uh, our Bullard model. What's wrong with him?

Mr Brown I'll tell you what's wrong with him, my lad. 'E's crocked, that's what's wrong with him!

Honest Roy: No, no, he's resting.

Mr Brown: Look, matey, I know a crocked footballer when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Honest Roy: No no he's not crocked, he's, he's resting! Remarkable footballer, the Bullard, ay? Wonderful free-kick he can take!

Mr Brown: Free kicks don't enter into it. Hes crocked.

Honest Roy: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Mr Brown All right then, if he's restin', I'll get him to move!

'Ello, Mister Bullard! I've got a lovely fresh fishing rod for you if you can run over here (Bullard limps across the shop)

Honest Roy: There, hes fine!

Mr Brown: No, hes not, hes limping!

Honest Roy: No, its just the way he moves.

Mr Brown: No. hes limping. That's what I call a crocked footballer.

Honest Roy: No, no.....No, 'e's on strike!

Mr Brown: ON STRIKE?!?

Honest Roy: Yeah! The Bullard model strikes easily, mate. Even when theyre under contract they sometimes cant be arsed.

Mr Brown: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That footballer is definitely crocked, and when I purchased him not two weeks ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to him being tired and shagged out following a prolonged half season.

Honest Roy: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the Cottage.

Mr Brown: PININ' for the COTTAGE?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

Honest Roy: Bullard loves resting! Remarkable footballer, innit, squire? He once rested for 16 months on full pay!

Mr Brown: Look, I played him as a sub for 37 minutes and now hes crocked.

Honest Roy: Well, he was fine when I sold him to you and he passed your thorough medical, didnt he ?

Mr Brown: Well, err, we counted his arms and legs and he had two of each plus he coughed in all the right places.

Honest Roy: Well, there you go then hes fine.

Mr Brown: Hes not fine and I want my money back.

Honest Roy: Thats going to be tricky. Weve already got plans for that money. I tell you what, you could try and sue the owner of the shop, Mr Fayed. Im sure the courts will be able to resolve the matter in his favour and they can rush it through in about 10 years.

Mr Brown: Well what about a replacement ?

Honest Roy: Hmmm, Ive got a Zamora model you could have in part exchange. Give us 5 million and the Bullard, you have Zamora and well say no more about it?

Mr Brown: You really are a comedian, Ill see you in court!

Gav...

serious14 said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=614956&sec=transfers&&cc=3436

Shay Given to Man City pending a medical.

Can confirm that Transfer has been completed

tyler8

robbie keane back at tottenham, redknapp is cheerin
Dacourt to fulham from inter on loan
Arschivan is a dead set moral to go to arsenal

dibo

a moral you say...

like slow and steady wins the race, or more like the ugly duckling becomes a beautiful swan?

FFC Mariner

Princess Leijer from Fulham to Norwich

(Ian Crook doesnt hang about does he?)

Good move for him as he is likely to get game time and either make it back to the EPL or get a CCC gig next season

Paolo

this is a f**king joke.....so now we are back to 2005 when defoe and keane still cant play together.

Should have let him rot at his 'boyhood club'

typool

keensy said:
this is a f**king joke.....so now we are back to 2005 when defoe and keane still cant play together.

Thanks but no thanks, we dont want him anymore, he was a waste of time and money..

FFC Mariner

Defoe makes emotional "return", gets injured and watches as 'Arry buys a guy that he cant play with (which is why he left in the 1st place)

Keane sulks and leaves, then comes back?

FFS, thats worse than us resigning Aloisi

Paolo

FFC Mariner said:
get it right....he realises that he in fact supported liverpool all along and not Celtic all along. Doesnt get any game time at 'pool then sulks and comes home

Defoe 9mil
Berbatov 30mil
keane 20mil
toal: 59mil

Defoe 15mil
Keane 12mil
Pavyluchencko 14mil
total: 41mil

so we have swapped berbs for pav +18mil

Deej

keensy said:

With Defoe injured and Bent rubbish Spurs need another striker.......surprised Bent didn't leave in the window, will be off in the summer.  Harry must hate him after THAT miss

Paolo

FFC Mariner said:
Less 'Arry's commissions of course
its alright...any money made then goes towards other transfers which we got mugged off.

Wilson Palacios - 14mil....farken hell

Deej

keensy said:
FFC Mariner said:
get it right....he realises that he in fact supported liverpool all along and not Celtic all along. Doesnt get any game time at 'pool then sulks and comes home

Defoe 9mil
Berbatov 30mil
keane 20mil
toal: 59mil

Defoe 15mil
Keane 12mil
Pavyluchencko 14mil
total: 41mil

so we have swapped berbs for pav +18mil

Good business for spurs providing they stay up this year

Paolo

Deej said:
keensy said:

With Defoe injured and Bent rubbish Spurs need another striker.......surprised Bent didn't leave in the window, will be off in the summer.  Harry must hate him after THAT miss
funnily enough Bent is sitting 6th on the top goalscorers list.

Defoe is out for a month, until then Pav and Keane will do the job up front and bent+Campbell 3rd and 4th strikers

Deej

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bOrWMc_Es0

This still makes me chuckle especially Harry's reaction

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member