• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

It's derby day again!

Deej

It's derby day again, and like always this 1 is bigger than the last!

With 3 days to go the forum is a little too quiet for my liking, why aren't people firing up?  :fireup:

So to the team :

-----------------Vukovic
Boogs------Wilko-----Vidmar------Ceccoli
Owens-----Jedi-------Tommy-----Hutcho
------------Aloisi-----Petrovski

Bench - Trott, Kwas, Simon, Stringers, Gumps

The only change I can see assuming Grego is fit again is a straight swap for Kwas, Kwas seemed to be drifting a bit in the second half at EAS and I think that will lose him his spot?

Lawrie may also be tempted to throw Stringers on the bench due to his height, if we need goals in the last 10 minutes I'm sure Lawrie would throw him up front like he usually does when things are desperate.

How long will Aloisi last? I was surprised he lasted the 90 at EAS, and after a week of socceroo training how will he pull up? Same can be asked of the Newcastle players in the camp? Lawrie has already said he will be guided by Aloisi in regards to how long he'll last.

Newcastle lineup will probably be the same as the first leg except that Korean could come in? probably on the bench thou? I don't think GVE will change his tactics, Jets are 2 up, have the pace up front to hurt us on the counter attack and knows that 1 goal for them could be curtains for us. I have no doubt that Joel Griffiths will play, but will his hamstring be tight? or is at all talk?

If the Mariners can keep them scorless and we are 1 up with 20 to go what a finish we could be in for.  If we come out firing and manage to get an early goal the pressure will be on Newcastle no doubt about it, and it will be a good test for them to see how they handle it.  The experienced heads of Covic and North and the back will be vital for them.

The game should be a sell out and fingers crossed a new record, let's pray the boys get their performance right in front of a record crowd this time!

If Perth can score 4 past Newcastle then so can we!  :thumbup: Good luck boys!

northernspirit

Honestly i can see this going 2-0 our way and to extra time/penalties - how funny would it be if aloisi kicked the winning penalty against the scum

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm thinking NorthernSpirit might have something there....not that my heart needs that kinda stress....hahahaha....but let me just say...
WE ARE GONNA ROLL 'EM,
WE ARE GONNA BEAT THEM
AND WE ARE GONNA HOST THE GF & BRING THE DUNNY SEAT BACK TO THE COAST
so.....
[size=16pt] FIRE UP FARKIN!!!!!!!!

dibo

baldy wants you to

angry_man_smaller.jpg

:fireup: :fireup: :fireup:[size=24pt]FIRE UP FARKIN![/size] :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

S

striker

DJ said:

all we need is a 3:0 ........ I don't understand why Gumprecht doesn't start?

marinermick

striker #9 said:
DJ said:

not really

two will get us to extra time and we could win on penalties

i too, northernspirit, get this feeling it will be 2-0

when we get our first goal we will put alot of pressure on them

northernspirit

thats it, they havent proved themselves capable of handling high pressure situations yet - so for mine 2-0 to us and possibly the dreaded shootout

i think if they score it might be beyond us so a clean sheet is critical

Deej

striker #9 said:
DJ said:

we all know we don't need 4 but wouldn't it be nice......can't see it though.

Gumps doesn't start because Grego is better on the right, and Tommy/Mile are our best midfield combination. Let's please not start another I love Gumps thread!

Deej

NEWCASTLE Jets coach Gary van Egmond blasted Football Federation Australia for not having his star striker Joel Griffiths medically checked out while in camp with the Socceroos in Melbourne.

The A-League's leading goalscorer returned to Newcastle on Tuesday afternoon and was immediately sent for scans by his club to ascertain damage to his hamstring, which he injured while in camp.

He may even miss the major semi-final return leg against the Mariners in Gosford on Sunday after an ultra-sound showed there was a slight strain.

"We're told there is something there but it's nothing major. We'll know more when we try to work him," an upset van Egmond said.

"I am annoyed. You would have thought that as a member of the Australian squad that Joel would have been checked out. He should have been looked after.

"There should have been no guessing games (about his hamstring).

"At least he should have had an MRI scan.

"He'll rest tomorrow, come on Thursday and do some cycling and swimming and train on Friday. If he's not 100 per cent by then he won't be playing."

The FFA were unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

Van Egmond said his main strike weapon was down in the dumps after Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek showed him the exit door and retained only two of Newcastle's seven players that were in camp - goalie Ante Covic and defender Jade North.

"We have to pick up Joel's spirits," said van Egmond.

"Once we find out how Joel reacts we'll either have him for Sunday or have to readjust."

There was some good news for the Jets with Korean recruit Song Jin-Hyung receiving his international clearance and is now available for selection.

bikinigirl

. aw poor joel, needs his spirits lifted

. think he will play regardless

. suggest he will be particularly bitchy too

Jocwa08

Yea after the last match i never thought bout 3-0 i always thought 2-0 and to penalties,
what are our changes if scum score staright up ?

marinermick

Jocwa08 said:
Yea after the last match i never thought bout 3-0 i always thought 2-0 and to penalties,
what are our changes if scum score staright up ?

pretty slim - we need four then

kevrenor

thomas477 said:
Griffiths'll be fine - he's a tough little bastard

I can reduce that to plain English for you - pays to be economical with words and still get the key message across:

"Griffiths, he's a little bastard"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred