• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Gumprecht going?

Neon_B

My neighbour is right into soccor (he is 10) and trained with Gumprecht. Gumprecht is moving to Queensland and will become a member of Roar. First Aloisi, now Gumprecht  :naughty:

fedelta

Neon_B said:
My neighbour is right into soccor (he is 10) and trained with Gumprecht. Gumprecht is moving to Queensland and will become a member of Roar. First Aloi$i, now Gumprecht  :naughty:

Roar..?  :eek:

graaant

If Gumps was going to go anywhere, I could see him going to Galaxy (if they get in) or possibly even Perth, with the loss of Colosimo. Though I guess this depends on what his family situation is like, and the SoccerPro business.
It's a shame, I think he's still got it in him, but we'll see what happens.

graaant

And plus, if he was next to Tiatto, how the hell would I know who is who!?
Was bad enough when they "accidentally" took their home strip to Adelaide, 'cause y'know, pretty hard to distinguish orange from white! LOL. My brain would probably explode!

fedelta

And Queensland still have McKay and Tiatto so even if he did go if would be the same situation as was this season. He would probably spend most of his time on the bench.

dannysgirl

I'd say the kid just got it mixed up. We have been hearing for ages that Galaxy were after him, but nothing about Roar.

offtheball

Miron said last week that there was a slight concern that Gumps was a Visa player. Not insurmountable but something they had to consider.

Marinerchick

Neon_B said:
My neighbour is right into soccor (he is 10) and trained with Gumprecht. Gumprecht is moving to Queensland and will become a member of Roar. First Aloi$i, now Gumprecht  :naughty:

yer my little brother does soccerpro and nothing has been said
and gold coast are apparently in negociations with him
but as far as i know nothings happening yet

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
skilbeck said:
The day it is officially announced that he is leaving will be a sad day. I will still respect him wherever he goes and will never sing a chant against him

I'm with you Skil....never gonna chant against Gumps...EVER

bikinigirl

. hope that the new teams don't get any dispensation for foreign players, its kinda like changing the salary cap

. besides where are the majority of their local players going to come from? as these players are poached from other a-league teams, where does that leave the rest of the teams? .... in exactly the same position

finally retired

well it's looking like there will be only one new team next year....not two, but that still means the players are shared across an extra team.

Northern Thunder backer withdraws

By Ray Gatt
    March 05, 2008

TOWNSVILLE-based Northern Thunder's bid to play in the A-League next season has struck a severe hurdle after a major investor pulled out of a deal to help bankroll the club.

Melbourne businesswoman Millissa Fischer has told the club she is considering launching a separate bid for a licence next season.

The decision has left Thunder, which was granted a provisional licence by Football Federation Australia last month, in a precarious position.

Thunder official James Gage described the latest development as a "disaster".

The Thunder and Gold Coast were given the licences on the proviso they meet a deadline, due to expire on Friday week, to prove they can meet all the financial requirements.

graaant

Problem here is that apparently the FFA are not too keen on having 9 teams and a bye.
So it's either a late bid from Wollongong, maybe even Geelong or something out of the blue or we're likely to stick with 8 teams again.

FFC Mariner

I doubt they would close the door on GCG.

If they are financially able to enter the comp they should be allowed. Its not their fault that some stupid Tard wants ot play power games.

bikinigirl

. i thought they were quite happy to have the bye

. they need to get the numbers up to push for more acl spots (and those discussions are meant to happen over the next couple of months)

. also they need more teams to have a run at 2018

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred