• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Gumprecht going?

rosko

fish said:
reading Gumps answers in the paper saying tis politics to me is a little sour, its grand final week and that little bit of negative comment by a player hopefully wont derail the positive mood in the camp.
end of season, say what you like once its all done.
Im sure Gumps wouldn't be trying to 'derail the camp', he would have been asked a very difficult question and would have had to come up with an answer... Gumps is a team player, always has been, he will want the win as much as anyone...

marinermick

Rowdy said:
marinermick said:
cassio is hands above everyone else in this stat

link?

as promised:

Completed crosses:
1. Cassio - 35
2. R. Alagich - 31
3. J. Downey - 27
4. A. Elrich - 27
5. L. Pantelis - 25
6. T. Dodd - 23
7. Daniel - 21
8. M. McKay - 20
9. R. Middleby - 20
10. L. Bertos - 19

Jaza_SFC

Great effort from Jim Downey given number of games played.

If you compare to the likes of Middleby, Alagich and Dodd who played pretty much every game, very very good.

northernspirit

downey needs to improve his technique in alot of areas though, his blistering speed makes him dangerous though... he can be a really good player if he is developed properly

Wombat

Downey looked like an absolute muppet the last couple of times i watched him play. Very fast but nothing else.
Gumpey shits all over him.

fishmum

The thing I have always loved about Gumpey, is the moment he takes that field he is raring to go.... he doesn't hold back. Just look at the way he sparked up the team against Newcastle in the last game? He did make a difference to the game.

Yes he has made a few mistakes and turned over the ball cheaply on many occassions, but I feel his work rate of chasing and sending balls through to the fowards out weigh the mistakes.
He has been a great ambassador for the Mariners.
He is Southern & Ettalong United, Mariners ambassador, and has given his time on many occassions to that club. Making himself accessable to the jnrs especially.
I can understand why he would want more game play, but boy he does make an impact off the bench. I am really hoping that this is just all media hype..... because I know his heart and love is for the Central Coast.

fishmum

P4180062ANDRE_173x226.JPG

signing for the kids of southern
P4180065_RESIZED_293x194.JPG

seu_gumprecht.jpg

[size=20pt]THANK YOU ANDRE FOR YOUR LOVE AND DEVOTION TO THE COAST[/size]

Gen (MarinerMum)

Here Here Fish mum, I agree with everything you say.  I'm reading your post with tears in my eyes. :'( :'( :'(

Nothing is ever too much trouble. :thumbup: :eek:verhead: :vhappy:

Thanks Andre and good luck and warmest wishes wherever life takes you.  Please give a wave when you are playing the Mariners.

Love Mariner Mum :grouphug:

I hope no one eles wears "6"  :popo:it is his number and his number only.[move][/move]

Omni

I won't forget Andre granting me an interview for an assignment and us staging the interview in his car as he gave me a lift home.

fruitbat

Rather than just accepting the loss of one of our best players, why not do something about it?

Why dont the Marinators chant Andre's name until he is subbed on in the final ?  He is a crowd favourite for a reason- he is very good. Perhaps this will remind the bigwigs that it would be a mistake to dump such a popular player. His enthusiasm inspires other players and the game changes immediately for the better when he comes on.

Most people I have asked say Gumps is their favourite player.
My 12 year old die-hard Mariners fan intends switching his alliegance to whatever club Gumprecht plays for. I can understand why. (all his Mariner clothes have only Gumprecht's signature-he isnt interested in getting the others).

Plenty of other coaches in the A League (eg sydney FC) have been sacked for shorter form slumps than the Mariners second half of the season.
If 'politics' means a falling out with the coach, and that coach risked games by benching a hard-working, inspirational live wire like Gumprecht for some personal reason, it's the the coach who shouldn't get another contract.

Keep Gumprecht and sack Mckinna

mariners4ever

IMHO it wont make a bloody difference.

and how canyou expect the mariners board to sack the best coach in australia for not keeoing one player

Gen (MarinerMum)

fruitbat said:
:redcard:

Please - McKinna as take the club to 2 grandfinals.  The TEAM is more than one person.  Andre does give his all and I am so sorry he is going BUT SACK THE COACH GET REAL.

Thank god 12 year olds don't coach the team (theyonlybuy clothes) and thank god die hard supporters don't coach otherwise we will have a team of people we like and not a team that can take us to ASIA AND THE WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP.

I leave the coaching to them and the passion is for me. I'm not that easy to change allegance but I'll certainly have a soft spot and a cheer for him.

Tassiemariner

Isn't there already a gumprecht thread??

As good as gumps is a favourite with everyone he is no lawrie.

Larwrie>>>>>>>>>>>Gumps

shipwreck

LMAO suggesting that gumprecht is more important than Mckinna is ridiculous im afraid, i will be sad to see him go but i trust Lawries judgement alot more than my own or anyone on this forums, if he lets Gumprecht go im sure he will have a much better replacement in mind...

------- This is the merger of 3 threads so far! Keep focussed people. I know it's hard until Sunday..
          Kevrenor, moderator

yellowcake

fruitbat said:
Rather than just accepting the loss of one of our best players, why not do something about it?

Why dont the Marinators chant Andre's name until he is subbed on in the final ?  He is a crowd favourite for a reason- he is very good. Perhaps this will remind the bigwigs that it would be a mistake to dump such a popular player. His enthusiasm inspires other players and the game changes immediately for the better when he comes on.

Most people I have asked say Gumps is their favourite player.
My 12 year old die-hard Mariners fan intends switching his alliegance to whatever club Gumprecht plays for. I can understand why. (all his Mariner clothes have only Gumprecht's signature-he isnt interested in getting the others).

Plenty of other coaches in the A League (eg sydney FC) have been sacked for shorter form slumps than the Mariners second half of the season.
If 'politics' means a falling out with the coach, and that coach risked games by benching a hard-working, inspirational live wire like Gumprecht for some personal reason, it's the the coach who shouldn't get another contract.

Apt username fruitbat

Jesus

Jesus
Gumps is a good player. He was doing well early on, but has not been as sharp coming back as you would expect.

I wouldnt say sour grapes, I would say he is trying to get his name out when the spotlight is on so as he can get a gig somewhere else. Which is his right.

Good bloke gumps, he will be missed.

Atomic

I was asked tonight how I'd react to Gumps if he played for another team against the Mariners at Bluetongue. My response was... he has given his all for the Mariners, on and off the field. He has done all we have asked of him (and more). I have nothing but respect for the guy. I would not boo him simply for the sake of booing him. I hope his new team doesn't win, but I'd like to see him play well. Gumps has done his time with us and paid his dues. I wish him the best of luck but not at the expense of the Mariners.

marinersman

It seems fairly apparent to me that Gumps won't be around next year.

We haven't signed Caceras for nothing. I can't see why we would have signed another midfielder if we weren't replacing a MF with him.

Sadly, I just don't see a role for Gumps anymore. We have too much depth and talent in our midfield.

Lawrie has been ruthless at the end of the past two seasons giving players the bullet. He won't have any player in the squad who he doesn't see as being able to contribute in carrying the team forward and improving the team year in, year out.

It's either Gumps or Tommy (or both) that will go. With the rumours about Tommy going to the Tards, I'm not feeling confident about him staying. He doesn't have a track record of staying at one club for long and he is from the bleak city after all.

Ziggy

Hi, good article from Frank Farina, see comments about Gumprecht at the end.

Aloisi may prove to difference
By Frank Farina
FarinaEXCLUSIVE
February 22, 2008
THE A-League grand final is a flip-of-the-coin job, but if I had to pick a winner, it would be the Central Coast Mariners.

Both teams are so evenly matched that it could be a case of which side wants it more on the day.

John Aloisi's presence in the Mariners line-up may well be the deciding factor.

He's a big-match performer and in Australian domestic football, it doesn't get any bigger than this.

Aloisi's partnership with Sasho Petrovski seems to have come good at the right time. Critics were questioning how both could fit into the Mariners system when Aloisi joined the club, but Petrovski had a huge game when the Central Coast beat the Jets two weeks ago and it seems he's up for another one on Sunday.

That's not to say the Jets don't have any strikepower of their own, with Joel Griffiths and Mark Bridge working particularly well together.

Griffiths and Bridge are more mobile and switch over regularly, while Petrovski and Aloisi are out and out centre-forwards, so how they perform will depend upon how their teammates play.

Like every game that's played - particularly a grand final, which is a cup tie - dominance in the middle of the park will be crucial.

That's where the Mariners' Andre Gumprecht could be a key factor. When he came on in the second leg of the major semi-final between the two sides, Central Coast began to dominate.

I'd be leaning towards starting Gumprecht in the final. He's very mobile. [/b]

It would be great if an early goal was scored because it would open up the contest.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23255605-23215,00.html

At the end of the day the decision is with the club, its seems that there are reasons other than his ability as a player, I love McKinna and I love Andre but what can you do, thats football. Andre's been playing great football lately, I hope he stays but wish him the best whatever happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred