• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Gumprecht going?

P

Pete

I have immense respect for both Andre and Lawrie, and I'm guessing that both can see the other side's argument.

But Andre feels he can continue playing at HAL level, and that he can get more gametime elsewhere. Lawrie would tend to disagree. As a professional, Andre needs to keep his name on the starting lineup sheets or he realises that his worth to the team would slip, and that means a paycut.

Lawrie, on the other hand, has the team's future in his hands, and can't be seen to be carrying a player "one more season", for fear of alienating younger up and coming players and risk them leaving.

When this sort of situation arises, all we can hope for is a dignified exit strategy.

I'm expecting that if Andre gets on the pitch on GF day he'll get a huge response from the crowd AND give his best for the team. To go out a winner after all he has put into the club since it started would a fitting way for a tremendous man like Andre to depart.

I will never boo the guy should he play in another club's colours, nor shout out against him.

Bear

Perm said:
I dont understand this and alot of people off the forum dont either.
It will be sad to see one of our most creative players leave.

It makes total sense, he wants to play every game, he is not good enough to play every game in our team, so he goes. Yes, he is a good player, and id love to see him stay and come on as a super sub in the last halfa, but thats not what he wants, and thats all the club can offer him at the moment.

mustapha_beer

I agree that it's impossible to keep everyone...players get replaced eventually, and move on. Like I've said before, though, I think he's still got a lot to offer (particularly from the point of view of offering the very same depth that Lawrie talked about). Yes, he's been a favourite of mine since day 1, and I admit to being a little biased, but if I was looking to make sacrifices, I wouldn't start with him.....

I also can't help thinking that there's something more than lack of gametime to it....there have been rumours of a fallout, and the quotes from Gumps himself hint at something more....I have a feeling we may know more in the days and weeks following the Grand Final.

cruiser

Gumps leaving the Mariners will be as difficult to accept as Adam Schneider being traded by the Swans a few months ago. Both very popular with supporters and both talented game breakers when on song. However, both lack a bit of consistency and at times make crucial errors that I think infuriated their respective coaches. Didnt Gumps miss a goal in the GF against Sydney that he should have put into the net? Maybe McKinna has never forgiven him for that.

Gumps will always have the respect of supporters of this club.

Jesus

Jesus
cruiser said:
Gumps leaving the Mariners will be as difficult to accept as Adam Schneider being traded by the Swans a few months ago. Both very popular with supporters and both talented game breakers when on song. However, both lack a bit of consistency and at times make crucial errors that I think infuriated their respective coaches. Didnt Gumps miss a goal in the GF against Sydney that he should have put into the net? Maybe McKinna has never forgiven him for that.

Gumps will always have the respect of supporters of this club.

Everyone except danny missed a goal they should have scored.

Dannys shot was more speculative though...

Tez

It will be sad to see him go, but i can understand where Lawrie and the club are comming from
and if gumps has to go so we get to keep another couple players (tommy, JA) its something i can live with
tho i cant help but feel sad..  :(

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Some stats
Andre has started 8 games this season. Here's the assists ladder for the entire season

1. Adrian Caceres           Melbourne Victory FC   5
2. Archie Thompson Melbourne Victory FC 5
3. Juninho             Sydney FC                 5
4. Tom Pondeljak           Central Coast Mariners FC 5
5. Adam D'Apuzzo         Newcastle Jets FC   4
6. Andre Gumprecht Central Coast Mariners FC      4

Marinerchick

its a shame andre is going he is so popular with everbody
my little brother absoloutly idolises him
i can understand him getting annoyed with being on the bench all the time
he played really good last week assisting sasho with that brillinat goal
he will certainly be missed from all the mariners fans...

Wombat

Grunta said:
Some stats
Andre has started 8 games this season. Here's the assists ladder for the entire season

1. Adrian Caceres           Melbourne Victory FC   5
2. Archie Thompson Melbourne Victory FC 5
3. Juninho              Sydney FC                 5
4. Tom Pondeljak           Central Coast Mariners FC 5
5. Adam D'Apuzzo          Newcastle Jets FC   4
6. Andre Gumprecht Central Coast Mariners FC      4

WOW. Doesn't that stat tell a story.

Too see him spark the team up when they are often so insipid in the second half, makes you wish he was used more.
To be honest i'm not sure that we would have beat Scum 3.0 if Tommy wasn't injured. I rate Tommy but when chasing a game there is no better playing in the LEAGUE than A. Gumprecht.

marinermick

assist stats don't tell a story because you need a striker at the end of that assist to put the ball away for you to be credited

you can put plenty of goal scoring balls through but in the end it is luck (or good or bad striking) whether you get credited with the assist

the true stat in this regard is completed crosses because that tells the quality of service from the midfield/wings

cassio is hands above everyone else in this stat

marinermick

Rowdy said:
sweet.

why would the ffa not make them available with the rest?

it is probably something they should put on their website

the stats go for about twenty pages and cover everything

fish

reading Gumps answers in the paper saying tis politics to me is a little sour, its grand final week and that little bit of negative comment by a player hopefully wont derail the positive mood in the camp.
end of season, say what you like once its all done.

marconigirl

If it is true, good luck to him wherever he goes..
He is a top/decent bloke who always took time to say hello and sign a few things with a smile, even if he didn't want to...
You will be greatly missed Gumpy...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred