• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Introduce yourself

B

bakery5

thanman said:
is there anyone else here that studies or is an accountant?
yes, graduate from Scum Uni here. They teach you how to beat the centrelink system up there ;D

dan

Been hanging around since the first match but have no idea who i have and havent met...It all becomes a blur when your celebrating a yellow goal.......

Forum name: Dan (form. red_vedder)

Given name: Dan!

Background: Lived in Exeter (south-west england) for 23 years,following the sleeping giant that is ECFC. From mid-teens i also used to travel to Anfield and London to watch the Reds.
Upon completing my apprenticeship i threw in my job to go travelling for a couple of years.
Decided to move to London , mainly because its the best place on the planet to see live music!!! During 5 fantastic years there i met my wife Sharon.
Thankfully, she's a Coastie and we now live in the best country on the planet, together with a 1 year old boy (Joshua) and 2 year old lovable/big/dumbass Labrador (Coby).

Interests: Mariners, Liverpool FC, Exeter City FC, Barca, Music, Scuba, Reading, The Ocean, Great whites, Travel, Fatherhood!!!

Music: Plenty, just some....Pearl jam, Ben Harper, At The Drive In, early Chili Peppers/Green Day/Pumpkins, Rage,Radiohead, Bronx, Against Me, QOTSA, Reef, Bad Religion, Cave In, Mars Volta, Tool.

Travel:  New Zealand, Fiji, Western U.S., Thailand, Malaysia, Indo, Egypt,Mexico, South Africa, Europe. I also did a circle around Australia.

T

thanman

bakery5 said:
thanman said:
is there anyone else here that studies or is an accountant?
yes, graduate from Scum Uni here. They teach you how to beat the centrelink system up there ;D

haha nice.
im starting at newy uni this monday.. got some credits so hopefully it'll get me a degree before I'm 30 lol.
Hopefully.

dru said:
Atomic said:
Damn good choice! Just out of interest, I was wondering if you could elaborate a little bit more on why you choose the Mariners and the similarities with Middlesbrough... thanks.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn but here are some from me:

A community team
Bigger teams close by that are rivals
A local derby with Newcastle
A youth academy that provides real chances of first team football
A commitment to local football.
A club that is willing to keep stability in it's coaching staff
Mammoth comebacks when playing opposition over two legs(our run into the UEFA cup final)

I just hope the Mariners don't have to wait 128 f@#king years to win the toliet seat.

Aye, along the lines of that. A team that serves the public, rather than just grabbing the money and ripping them off. Not franchising the whole team. Giving local youth players a chance. Being financially stable.

mariners4ever said:
UK Mariner said:
The rest of the UK is pretty much totally ignorant of any football outside Europe really.

just found this on the 442 website that might intersest you UK mariner:

And the UK-based broadcasting giant will also show the A-League grand final live from the SFS the following Sunday.

With a 6pm local kickoff, the match will be screened early Sunday morning in the UK.

:vhappy:

Just need to find someone with Sky who won't mind me crashing their house... Unless the local will still be open then  :thumbup:

rhys100

Forum name:rhys100

Name called by your friends (that's us): Rhys

Background that you wish to reveal: Im 18 :)

Interests, football and other: Skiing, surfing, soccer, music, kayaking and i like smileys

:ashamed: :vhappy: :innocent: :naughty: :fireup: :grouphug: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirate: :headbounce: :soapbox: :eek:verhead: :goodpost: :piano: :postcount: :thumbup: :tophat: :tv:

Marinerchick

Forum name: Marinerchik

Name called by your friends (that's us): Loren

Location:Cooranbong (not part of newcastle part of lake maq)

Background that you wish to reveal:i go 2 stpeters tugerah im in yr 9 and i really dnt like it

Interests, football and other:err mariners and mariners and did i mention mariners???

Timmah

Forum name: Timmah

Name called by your friends (that's us): Tim, Timmah

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Gosford, bred in Gosford. Have a girlfriend born in Belmont/living in Lake Mac - and have trained her to hate the Jets and LOVE the Mariners. I work in a Central Coast industry... it has it's perks xD

Interests, football and other: Football... really only the A-League and in particular CCM. Diehard Rugby League fan (Bulldogs). Music obssessed... a bit nerdy but still able to have plenty of fun.

Where I'd like to visit: New York... never been there.

sambuca

Forum Name: Sambuca

Name called by your friends: Sacha, Sach... nothing too original there!

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Melb, but moved to Country NSW when I was really young. Lived out in the sticks until I went to Uni in Armidale in 2002. Used to spend all my school holidays visiting the grandparents at the Central Coast when I was a kid. My family decided to move from the bush to the coast five years ago, and deciding that I didnt want to be left stranded, I followed them - and I'm never going back :) Finished my Arts/Law degree last year, and am in the process of completing the post-grad course which (if all goes to plan) will see me a qualified solicitor by about June this year! Watch out world...

Have grown up with football, and I remember Dad spinning the arial around so it would face Orange (I told you we lived in the sticks) so we could watch the world cup games in 1998! Played in many different teams since I was 12... During my HSC I coached under 6's - undefeated, thank you very much!

Interests football and other: Its all about the Mariners (of course) and I will never forget being at the Qualifier game in 2006; Music - I play several instruments, and teach the piano; beach; anything that doesnt involve text books... Moving to the UK in September, and I can't wait to travel Europe!!

Kazz

:)Hi All.... Well after 3 seasons I thought it was time to sign up..

I'm the other half of Lou Macari, ... Don't hold that against me!
Originally from the Uk, Emigrated 26yrs ago.  Brought up with Football all my life.. Southampton's my home team,  Married a Man United supporter!
Have been on the coast for 22 yrs.
Have 3 sons who all play for Gosford City, 2 in under 16's and My eldest will Captain Gosford 1st Grade this season 08/09 Juggsy or  Jeffro to those of you who know him. & a daughter who hates Football.( as she's been brainwashed all her life!  ;))
For those of you who go to Uni at Ourimbah come and say Hi as I manage the student shop on campus.

Kazz

Sym

Forum Name: Sym

Name called by your friends: Sym, Mitch

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Bankstown moved to the Coast in 1998 been a football supporter for well ever...

Spend most time bludging My ass off because it is near impossible getting a job up here and usually have very bias views on things and talk a lot of nonsense but if You listen for long enough there is an eventual meaning to what I say(I'm such a package! lol)

Uhh I have a Girlfriend who lives in Newcastle territory and I quickly turned Her into a Mariners supporter, hah She says Griffo looks like a pigeon good sledging

Play for Killarney 18b's
Play indoor
I'm pretty much the master at fifa

And yeah..employ Me ??

.Sym

Kareem

Forum name: Kareem

Name called by your friends (that's us): uhhh...Kareem (or Moham?)

Background that you wish to reveal: parents egyptian

Interests, football and other: Played football for 12 years (now u18s). I am also a coach and a referee (just qualified). I am also a football enthusiast in more ways than that. I love following EUropean football. I support Madrid (No1.team) and also have feelings (lol) for other teams such as Marseille, Arsenal, Werder Bremen! (I do not support Italian Football!)
+ I am quite the Pro Evo Soccer master (lol madrid won the treble on highest level for the 4th season in the row)(with only Benzema, Nasri and Micah Richards improving the squad) and despite my shortcomings I can still beat a lot of people on the much uncomfrotable Fifa.
Oh and I study podiatry at University of Newcastle (Hiss)- Ourimbah Campus (yay!)...so i guess i have an interest in feet (yet again realted to football)(seriously!)

Aden

Forum name:Aden

Name called by your friends (that's us): Adz

Background that you wish to reveal: Somalian/Irish

Interests, football and other:  Well i love my sports btu football is my life reall. I live and breathe  football .  I have been following football since i was 4 and am an Arsenal mad supporter . Arsenal and the marienrs are really the only two teams i care bout in the world.  Ive played for wyoming for 12 years and still goin . I coach younger kids and love it . i chose the younger kids because i believe thiis s where it all starts people the children must know the basics right  so i aim to do that. I also love helpin who i can where i can  with advice etc etc 

graaant

mustapha_beer said:
Have been on this forum since near the beginning, but I think I've only ever met 2 of you in person - Auburn & Marinermick (both at the friendly V Blacktown)

Forum name: mustapha_beer

Given Name: Alastair

Name called by your friends (that's us): Alastair, Al, Ally, The Pict

Location: Baulkham Hills, not too far from kevrenor, and a few others, it seems......

Background that you wish to reveal: Scottish, from the not so famous town of Kilmarnock (Home of Johnnie Walker whisky). Have lived in Sydney for just over 6 years now.

Interests: Mainly football, having grown up watching Dundee United (we used to have a good team), although I also enjoy trying my hand at cooking when I have the time (no Jamie Oliver, mind.....)

Chose the Mariners because I was a season ticket holder at Northern Spirit for 3 years before. When the A-league isn't on, I usually go along and watch Blacktown City Demons, since it's only a 10-15 minute drive from my house. Will be joining one of the Baulkham Hills over 35's teams this year.

Music: New Order & Joy Division, plus a whole range of others from The Cure, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, through Morcheeba, Sade and quite a few pieces of Classical....really, almost anything except really heavy metal or dance music.

Travel: Lived and worked in Zurich for 2 years, so did a lot of travel around Europe, but have also worked in the U.S, so got to see a few places there, as well as 2 trips to Japan and my honeymoon last year in Vietnam. As far as Oz is concerned, haven't been to W.A, or S.A, although hoping to do the latter this year.

Work: Working in I.T in Sydney

Wow, this is a late reply.
Good taste in music mate!

What area of IT do you work in?
I work in IT at Somersby as a network admin. :)

Bear

Aden said:

Interests, football and other:  Well i love my sports btu football is my life reall. I live and breathe  football .  I have been following football since i was 4 and am an Arsenal mad supporter . Arsenal and the marienrs are really the only two teams i care bout in the world.  Ive played for wyoming for 12 years and still goin . I coach younger kids and love it . i chose the younger kids because i believe thiis s where it all starts people the children must know the basics right  so i aim to do that. I also love helpin who i can where i can  with advice etc etc 

Not a certain Aden that was coached by myself in under 9's? No wonder your such a figure of fitness and skill these days ;)

Kareem

Aden said:

not a certian Aden I play with every week...standing next to the goals and tapping in rebounds! :p
lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred