• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

IF there was to be a new coach next season - who?

Antlion

Agree but he has lost all love and interest in our club
I know Macca and this isn't true. He's an entrenched Mariner and hurting watching this as we all are and is critical and angry because of it. Everything he said tonight was on point too.

Josho Howe

''The age of mediocrity is over' Mulvey said after an 8-2 loss. Nothing has changed and we have gotten worse. How in god's name is this joke of a club going to turn things around? We're the joke of Australian sport.

Pirate Pete

Any f**king idiot who can name a team playing 442, that doesn't have Melling as right back should do.

Here you go Al.

Dear Mike & Shaun.
Give Big Al a go. You gotta have a go to get a go.
Big Al will give you the best Go there is.
Love Scott Morrison.

Big Al

Gatty thinks Hutch may have an out clause to be a head coach. Would he be stupid enough to take the job. I think plenty have said he has issues with the club as well

Pirate Pete

Gatty thinks Hutch may have an out clause to be a head coach. Would he be stupid enough to take the job. I think plenty have said he has issues with the club as well

Not sure if that's who we need right now.
But if Monty is in charge next weekend I fear the worst.
I'll be making sure the fridge is well stocked with beer for the game.

turbo

We need someone with the bargaining position and balls to say they want full control over our player recruitment and demand a budget up front rather than getting scraps and then grabbing a McCormack type signing. Demanding some extra marquee money would be great but that may not be an option despite how much we need it.

We haven’t spent our budget wisely this season. Start with a decent striker, cb, dm, am and keeper and build out from there. Let them show our intent. We can still be the side that develops youth but you need an experienced spine to facilitate that.

Unfortunately I don’t know who that manager could be but I know they need the club to put their faith in them with maybe only the power to veto if they do something really crazy.

Wombat

I normally respect Gatty's views but he is wide of the mark with this one. We need someone with experience. We need someone that can set the team up as a defensive unit. We need someone that can stand up to Charlesworth.

scoober

Problem we face is the coach we need or want probably wouldn’t want to touch us with a 10ft pole.
Hutch is pretty switched on tactically and for anyone who followed his time at Seattle knows he did a good job with the cattle he had, his team was full of youngsters including a 15/16 yo, the aim was to develop the players for integration over time into the first team.
Anyway will be interesting to see what happens.

turbo

Problem we face is the coach we need or want probably wouldn’t want to touch us with a 10ft pole
That’s why they need the clauses in their contract to ensure they get the control and spending they need. A rookie coach jumping at the opportunity may not have the nerve for that, we need someone that can convince MC that’s what needs to happen and the experience to support it. We don’t need a title winner just someone that can take us to the mid table and start the rebuilding process.

Insertnamehere

It's gonna take $$, nothing less. We will have to pay up for a big name manager that makes player agents listen, that makes players call their agent to come here and creates a bit of enthusiasm here. Ange/GA is the minimum level now. There is no cheap or alternate options now. Make or break appointment.
A phone call to Fozzie would be my first action. Not necessarily to coach but certainly about some cultural change at the club as a whole.

Josho Howe

What we need is an overseas tactician who has a good pedigree, who takes no shit and keeps the players in check. Get them to play a system that the players know how to play and a system that fans can recognise is being put in practice and do whatever it takes to produce results.

MagpieMariner

Problem we face is the coach we need or want probably wouldn’t want to touch us with a 10ft pole.
Hutch is pretty switched on tactically and for anyone who followed his time at Seattle knows he did a good job with the cattle he had, his team was full of youngsters including a 15/16 yo, the aim was to develop the players for integration over time into the first team.
Anyway will be interesting to see what happens.
After the club arsed him out when Okon came in, would he be in the slightest bit interested in coming back? Very doubtful, particularly while MC is still the owner.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Sure why not , be a nice change to chant a positive manager based song for once
fxxvvQ.png

scottmac

Suspended
Sure why not , be a nice change to chant a positive manager based song for once
fxxvvQ.png
Won't take long to change to negative chants if they somehow manage to do it. Coach isn't our biggest problem and it will remain toxic here for however long it takes to get a new owner.

adz

Staff member
IMO Hutch would be an awful move right now. Need a proven coach who can deliver results.

*Plus the backing and resources required from the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred