• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

IF there was to be a new coach next season - who?

Antlion

As pointed out in the Mulvey v Hiariej thread this could very well be a reality soon (it bloody well better be) so there is much to discuss.

On the cheaper end I'd be happy with Rudan if WP does fold.
Maybe Pappas? I really don't know enough about him other than his results.

Honestly, I think it's time to spend our McCormack money on a quality, proven coach with a decent network for scouting recruiting. It's make or break time and without that we are as good as done for.

Insertnamehere

I'll come back for this question... Must be proven, experienced, dealt with building a squad.
Rudan won't come here after we blew him off twice and really he carried on ALOT after that...
Pappas probs need the J League season with Ange then he's ready IMO.

As I've said previously we now are at a point of paying overs for players or loading up on a big name coach who people want to play for....

Staj
Kewell
Maybe Mori

turbo

Rudan won't come here after we blew him off twice and really he carried on ALOT after that...

Our only advantage there would be being in the greater Sydney area. We're the NSW club most likely to be looking for a new coach next season which means we're the closest to his family and not relocating them. He's been linked to West Melb but that doesnt seem much more beneficial than staying in NZ if family is an issue he has cited. We'd need a decent war chest to get him then again that may apply to most decent managers.

Big Al

Our only advantage there would be being in the greater Sydney area. We're the NSW club most likely to be looking for a new coach next season which means we're the closest to his family and not relocating them. He's been linked to West Melb but that doesnt seem much more beneficial than staying in NZ if family is an issue he has cited. We'd need a decent war chest to get him then again that may apply to most decent managers.
Then the squad and coach travel from western Sydney again. That worked out great

turbo

Then the squad and coach travel from western Sydney again. That worked out great
I'd like our players and staff to live on the coast but it hasn't worked out great this year. If the coach travelling from Sydney gets us better results or lands us quality players we wouldn't otherwise get it shouldn't be off the table. We've got the disadvantage of being undesirable and having spending constraints, can we really afford to pass on players that don't want to uproot their family to go an hour or so away?

Insertnamehere

With an underfunded football department, admin in disarray etc, no proven coach will come here.

As a rookie - I'd ask Ben Cahn if he will come back
Ben will be at Roar in some capacity next yr. He's applied for the head coach job, which I doubt he will get but I'll bet my first born he's there as an asst.
They'd be stupid not to given they've up on youth.

UnitedsNo9

I have my doubts that there will even be a club here next season but if we still exist then the new gaff needs to be someone who appreciates that preseason does not start in Round 2.

FFC Mariner

I think relocation or FFA take the license is the most likely outcome - the club had to front the FFA last Friday and staff tell me "we got nothing from them"
Having next season will be a massive bonus TBH.
The silence from the club speaks volumes

turbo

I think relocation or FFA take the license is the most likely outcome

Both of those are problematic. It would seem unlikely that it could come together so quickly (process would likely take multiple seasons of warnings and chances) to take the license or to do so without leaks if already underway.

If they let him relocate/sell and relocate it makes a mockery of the expansion process and sets a worrying precedent. I think the best shot is the independent league allowing it but even then there is likely going to be some sort of veto power otherwise what’s to stop southern expansion or team 11 buying us out when Canberra might have been the next deserving bid.

FFC Mariner

Ok - so what will this new coach do that Vulvey cant/wont do?
Vulvey had the cap to spend (and f**ked it up) but he didnt have a S&C coach until round 13 and the football dept is woefully starved of funds. I just cant see what a new coach can do to make it better

turbo

Ok - so what will this new coach do that Vulvey cant/wont do?
Vulvey had the cap to spend (and f**ked it up)

Spending the funds better would be a good start. It’s a pity we’ll still have Simon and Mcglinchey taking up some of that cap space.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred