• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

IF there was to be a new coach next season - who?

Blackadder

While the passion of Hutcho for the club can never be questioned, in his time with Seattle as their League 2 Coach, they finished Third last in a 20 Team comp. That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence he has what it takes to turn around the Mariners.
Need someone like Arnold to return (along with Clarke etc)

Antlion

What we need is an overseas tactician who has a good pedigree, who takes no shit and keeps the players in check. Get them to play a system that the players know how to play and a system that fans can recognise is being put in practice and do whatever it takes to produce results.
Nailed it.

Antlion

Hutch one day, but right now we need an experienced coach with a steel backbone, man management skills and a solid network. Anything less and we are a dead club walking.

Also Hutch is from VIC so it's as much home down there as it is here (I would guess)

Antlion

I know what I said about needing a new coach pretty urgently, but finding one by tomorrow seems unsafely hasty, surely:

Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said everyone at the club was on notice.

"We need to make sure that we … make the next appointment the right one — we can't make the same mistakes as the past," he said.

There are six games left and the club has given itself until Tuesday to find a replacement for Mulvey.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...-bolt-wellington-phoenix/10887478?pfmredir=sm

turbo

I suspect they have been hunting for a replacement for some time. Maybe the 2-8 loss coincided with them finding a replacement.
This. Their hand may have been forced to move earlier than they wanted to but I wouldn't be surprised if they had been making some enquiries quietly behind the scenes. It may even be a positive if it gets someone in place while players are available. The longer we wait the harder that recruitment becomes.

turbo

Imagine if they'd already tee'd up Rudan to take over next season..

That would be ridiculous, he had to destroy us so he could build us back up. Social media would be loving it. But cant see us paying out Wellington and offering him a good enough deal to beat the other clubs after him.

Michael

Hutcho already has a gig at west Melbourne.

Is Kenny Lowe still hanging out over at Perth glory in any capacity? He could be perfect for us. Has very good contacts, rates Aussie youth and employs an effective style.
And he’s a straight f**kin shooter no bullshit.

marinermick

Hutcho already has a gig at west Melbourne.

Is Kenny Lowe still hanging out over at Perth glory in any capacity? He could be perfect for us. Has very good contacts, rates Aussie youth and employs an effective style.
And he’s a straight f**kin shooter no bullshit.

Kenny Lowe is a terrible coach. He underachieved for years with some of the league's best squads.

Popovic is showing him up for the muppet he is.

finally retired

I know what I said about needing a new coach pretty urgently, but finding one by tomorrow seems unsafely hasty, surely:

Mariners chief executive Shaun Mielekamp said everyone at the club was on notice.

"We need to make sure that we … make the next appointment the right one — we can't make the same mistakes as the past," he said.

There are six games left and the club has given itself until Tuesday to find a replacement for Mulvey.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...-bolt-wellington-phoenix/10887478?pfmredir=sm
Shaun also says this" What happens next will be determined on Monday afternoon. Mielekamp said it was still a "live discussion" as to whether an interim coach would be appointed for the last six rounds, or whether assistant Nick Montgomery would step up. A new permanent boss won't be installed until the off-season."
so any announcement tomorrow will be for interim coach only.

Pirate Pete

Shaun also says this" What happens next will be determined on Monday afternoon. Mielekamp said it was still a "live discussion" as to whether an interim coach would be appointed for the last six rounds, or whether assistant Nick Montgomery would step up. A new permanent boss won't be installed until the off-season."
so any announcement tomorrow will be for interim coach only.
I don't even know why they're having a meeting. It'll be Monty

marinermick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred