• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

IF there was to be a new coach next season - who?

Tevor

My God I'd hate to have to be the poor bastard to call around for renewals for next season... That ain't gonna be pretty at all!
Yep, I will not be signing up until I can see a plan and some movement in the right direction with signings and don't care if that is Mulvey or a new coach. It's not as if you will be giving up your reserved seat either as all the members bays are far from full to the brim so it is no longer an issue to worry about losing your seat. I truly wonder if the club has any idea how hard it will be to sign members next year. I know some will sign no matter what but I think that will be a percentage below 50% of the current members IMO.

Coastalraider

THe last 2 years we have been shown plans or signs of improvement during the membership push - 2 years ago it was continuity of coach in Okon, Asdrubal, DDS etc, that all failed. This year we had the Mulvey end of mediocrity, Mariners legends signing on, McCormack and Oar, and all that has failed.

I dont think SIGNS will cut it this year. Fool me once, shame on me - fool me twice.....

UnitedsNo9

THe last 2 years we have been shown plans or signs of improvement during the membership push - 2 years ago it was continuity of coach in Okon, Asdrubal, DDS etc, that all failed. This year we had the Mulvey end of mediocrity, Mariners legends signing on, McCormack and Oar, and all that has failed.

I dont think SIGNS will cut it this year. Fool me once, shame on me - fool me twice.....
Fool me 4 times??...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
:vhappy:My morning twitter rant...yeh yeh, f**k all sense , but I hadn’t had a coffee yet
LFER4V.png

Big Al

My God I'd hate to have to be the poor bastard to call around for renewals for next season... That ain't gonna be pretty at all!
They’ll be alright.
They asked me this year and i said no and they just hang up never to be heard from again. They are just interns. No targets no metrics no sales pitch. Just can i have your money and if no ok.

Manny_ccm

They’ll be alright.
They asked me this year and i said no and they just hang up never to be heard from again. They are just interns. No targets no metrics no sales pitch. Just can i have your money and if no ok.
At least you got a call - I didn't even get that courtesy this year!

nebakke

They’ll be alright.

My point was that I expect there'll be a few people giving them a gob full. They're not to blame but they'll be the target none the less.
Should make management make those calls...

turbo

Should make management make those calls..

Not a bad suggestion. Wouldn't be a bad idea to see MM, Monty, Shaun, Phelan (or whoever picks up that role) each make a ten or twenty of those calls. Hear the damage that's being done first hand and put a human face/voice on the clubs failures.

Coastalraider

I did. And I delayed, but for personal reasons.

I did as well. I told them straight up I was waiting to make my decision on renewal based on the intent shown by the club to start taking it seriously.

I fell for the McCormack/Oar announcement, and caved to get a 6 gamer as a compromise.

I’ve only been to 3 matches so far, unlikely to bother with any more.

Manny_ccm

I did. And I delayed, but for personal reasons.
I was waiting for the call to get the opportunity to voice my dissatisfaction but it never happened.

I did pay for a season's membership before the first home game but in hindsight...

Big Al

My point was that I expect there'll be a few people giving them a gob full. They're not to blame but they'll be the target none the less.
Should make management make those calls...
Possibly why they don’t and they give you the intern.

No way I’m going to get into details with someone who it’s not there fault.

I expected a follow up from the more senior people for those that said no. Never happened

Forum Phoenix

They’ll be alright.

This is poor also.

Woollybutt

It depends on whether Charlesworth actually wants us to improve. If he's not willing to make massive changes, we may as well stick with Mulvey so we don't screw up some other poor bastard's career. The fact that none of our last three coaches, or five if you count Hutch and Sully, have gone onto a senior head coaching job after leaving us is one of the worst indictments of the way we do things. Whether it's because we're appointing the wrong people in the first place or destroying decent people through mismanagement and a toxic work environment (probably a bit of both to be honest), the fact that our club has turned into an abattoir for coaching careers is a disgrace. If senior management aren't ashamed of that, then there's no point trying to find another coach.

If Charlesworth has been running us into the ground while holding out for an independent league and actually wants us to improve, then we need to both be ambitious and think outside the box. My nomination would be Foster (I'm preparing for an avalanche of disagreement now). He seems a bit of a wanker and has no record in management, but I'm reminded of the fact that I didn't want Arnie as coach because he was a dick with no achievements in management. I think Foster could be persuaded to join on something like a five year deal with legal guarantees that he would be in sole charge of everything football related - complete freedom to pick his own staff, own players, and even his own brand of bottled water, plus a wider remit to transform the club into his vision of what a small Australian football club can be. Maybe an offer to move into a technical director job when he's identified a suitable successor or something. So instead of getting Phelan to do a half-arsed review of the club, we appoint a manager who, polarising football hipster wanker or not, has a consistent vision for what an Australian football club should look like and has the energy and enthusiasm to see the project through. I'm sure we could sell it to him as the chance to leave a concrete legacy in Australia by turning the club into a Socceroo factory that uses its academy and a link with the Football School to produce technically and tactically astute footballers in the country. So instead of trying to rebuild a culture that worked years ago, we enjoy the memories of the McKinna-Arnold years, block out the memories of the Mulvey cover band, and try to be something completely new. Getting Foster would give us an identity again, put an end to screwing over players and get the PFA back on side, show that we're serious about changing and improving, show that we're not hiring yes-men anymore, and help with attracting the best young Australian players again.

Wombat

He did a great job with Hakeem BUT he is a complete wanker in general. I simply can't see him in a roll like this. He is an opinionated tv pundit but that doesn't mean he has a clue about anything involved in running a club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred