• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Harry signs with Galatasaray

Kareem

priorpeter said:
Kareem, will you ever get it, no-one's backing you on this.

oh but wait - its all so obvious, because one player left the Turkish league to play for Boro, its suddenly all so F*cking clear. That's hard evidendce for ya, innit! So i suppose any player leaving any league in the world, to go to another club, is always, 100% of the time, leaving for the same reasons? Or is it just any players leaving Turkish clubs? If a player left a Turkish club to play in the A-League, would that be an indication that the A-League is 20 Billion times better than the Turkish league? Well it must be true - the almighty Kareem said so, and he's never wrong!!!

The idiocy in your posts really astounds me sometimes.
wat 3 losers tha know absolute crap about anything???
i am glad that you dont support me on this- it actually means I might be right...anything u guys think is usually deluded!
LOSER!
that was one eg.
i am sure i could find a hell of a lot more
Anelka left turkey didnt he?
etc.
etc.
etc.
u lose!
its quite simple that I just cant grasp ur inability to realise it...
if u inissts on being so stubborn i can find u more and more eg's and sure it will be a waste of my time but heck at least it will show u for the idiot u (and 2 others) are!
PS. the Sanli example just goes to show one of brightest Turkish players moving onto a better league...good on him for stepping up
ur "If a player left a Turkish club to play in the A-League, would that be an indication that the A-League is 20 Billion times better than the Turkish league? " comment
Absolute stupidty- u win Gold!
Would one of the best Turkish players in league (eg. Sanli) leave Turkish league for A-league- no!
FAIL!
It's the same as most talented players leaving their club for further progression!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
BUT...is harrys missus still doing the soapie in old blighty?...that commute will be a bugger if she is....unless kareem knows of a turkish soap opera she can sign with of course..WAIT..... harry just did sign with a turkish soap opera... :vhappy:

tuftman

Dude seriously, did u see Fenerbahce in the Champions league this season, its fair to say they where a bit above Middlesbrough or Reading or, and why you brought them into this, Derby(Everyone flogs Derby ffs). They beat Inter and Sevilla(over 2 legs) and then beat Chel$ki .You have mentioned 2 players leaving the Turkish league, Anelka and Tuncay. Lets not forget that now Roberto Carlos, Alex(68 Brazillian caps) both ply their trade at Fenerbahce Galatasaray obviously just got Kewell, which for all the bagging he gets he is class and they have Umit Karan, who has scored a ton of goals. And just to remind u Turkey made EURO semis with a squad comprising of 75% Turkish based players. Where did the English side with players coming from the TOP ECHELON of English clubs end up, oh thats right limping to a 2-nil win over Dwights T&T..... and rumour has Galatasaray lining up Julio Baptista(and Lucas Neill-middle level PL club player mind you). Aragones now coaches Fenerbahce.

swarey

Found this in another Socceroos article.......

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2008/07/07/Neill_to_follow_Kewell_to_Turkey

Meanwhile, more light has been shed on the reasons behind Kewells move to Galatasaray, which raised eyebrows after the attacking midfielder rejected offers from English Premier League club Portsmouth and Italian club Roma.

Kewells manager Bernie Mandic indicated the other clubs also reported to include Scotlands Celtic and Spains Valencia had only offered contracts with specific injury clauses.

Kewells career has been dogged by injury since his switch from Leeds United to Liverpool in 2003.

Galatasaray is the best club for him, Mandic told News Limited. Other clubs who were chasing him put up ridiculous health conditions.

scottmac

Suspended
Kareem said:
It's the same as most talented players leaving their club for further progression!

Isn't that what Kewell has done??

He had to find a club that would play CL football and that he would be a regular starter at, to further progress his career.
He needs to show everything that his career promised when he signed at Liverpool. Can he do that in England now?
No. No top 4 club would go anywhere near him, and rightly so.
So all things considered, its probably the best choice for his career. One injury free season and Galatasaray have one of the best left sided players in the world on a free transfer and (hopefully) plenty of clubs wanting to sign him. Harry gets to play CL and star in a top side in a league that will recieve more attention than ever after Turkeys performance at EURO.

Now, can Harry's body withstand??

I for one hope so.

S

soccersensei

scottmac said:
Kareem said:

Isn't that what Kewell has done??

He had to find a club that would play CL football and that he would be a regular starter at, to further progress his career.
He needs to show everything that his career promised when he signed at Liverpool. Can he do that in England now?
No. No top 4 club would go anywhere near him, and rightly so.
So all things considered, its probably the best choice for his career. One injury free season and Galatasaray have one of the best left sided players in the world on a free transfer and (hopefully) plenty of clubs wanting to sign him. Harry gets to play CL and star in a top side in a league that will recieve more attention than ever after Turkeys performance at EURO.

Now, can Harry's body withstand??

I for one hope so.
:goodpost: :eek:verhead:

MattSimon

Skoko said the best thing about the Turkish league is the annual "goat kebab" ritual. The clubs kill a goat and bury its severed head in the middle of the pitch for good luck at the beginning of each season. Apparently the stench of goat's blood lingers for the entire season, and reminds the players of the mouth-watering goat kebab they are entitled to under Turkish League by-laws after the game. This motivates them when they get tired in the second half.

The trick is how to motivate only your players and not also the opposition, who similarly enjoy a piping hot post-game goat kebab. Clubs generally experiment on burial position of the goat head.

northernspirit

MattSimon said:
Skoko said the best thing about the Turkish league is the annual "goat kebab" ritual. The clubs kill a goat and bury its severed head in the middle of the pitch for good luck at the beginning of each season. Apparently the stench of goat's blood lingers for the entire season, and reminds the players of the mouth-watering goat kebab they are entitled to under Turkish League by-laws after the game. This motivates them when they get tired in the second half.

The trick is how to motivate only your players and not also the opposition, who similarly enjoy a piping hot post-game goat kebab. Clubs generally experiment on burial position of the goat head.
next time im drunk i might pass on the kebab

dibo

MattSimon said:

smells like bullshit

tuftman

dibo said:
MattSimon said:

smells like bullshit

nah its all true it was on a show on SBS called "the away game" to do with Aussies abroad

marinersman

TUFTY-mitchell said:
Dude seriously, did u see Fenerbahce in the Champions league this season, its fair to say they where a bit above Middlesbrough or Reading or, and why you brought them into this, Derby(Everyone flogs Derby ffs). They beat Inter and Sevilla(over 2 legs) and then beat Chel$ki .You have mentioned 2 players leaving the Turkish league, Anelka and Tuncay. Lets not forget that now Roberto Carlos, Alex(68 Brazillian caps) both ply their trade at Fenerbahce Galatasaray obviously just got Kewell, which for all the bagging he gets he is class and they have Umit Karan, who has scored a ton of goals. And just to remind u Turkey made EURO semis with a squad comprising of 75% Turkish based players. Where did the English side with players coming from the TOP ECHELON of English clubs end up, oh thats right limping to a 2-nil win over Dwights T&T..... and rumour has Galatasaray lining up Julio Baptista(and Lucas Neill-middle level PL club player mind you). Aragones now coaches Fenerbahce.

Good post Tufty. Turkey have produced some seriously good players over the past decade and have done well in Euros. Their clubs have performed arguably better than French and German clubs in the past few years in the CL.

Some could say that they are probably a bee's dick from being in top 6-8 European leagues.

The most important thing is for Harry to be playing regularly in a good competitive league and he'll do that in Turkey. I wish him the best of luck for our NT's sake.

Also, let's leave out the kebab jokes. Like the dog eating references to Koreans I've seen on the forum in the past, it's racist.

MattSimon

OK the kebab thing was a bit ridic but it does raise a serious question. Harry has only played EPL in his entire overseas career, will he be able to make the cultural adjustment to Turkey?

People often make the claim that other Aussies have been there done that, but take a closer look:
- Skoko himself said he struggled a lot in his years in Turkey.
- Carle didn't last long at all.
- Sterjovski moved to England after only a year with Genlerbirliği mainly due to his family not adjusting well.

However, Petkovic has been in Turkey for ages and seems to be going great guns.

tuftman

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=765271

Galata$aray have earnt themselves the $ tag if this goes through

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member