• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Harry signs with Galatasaray

W

Wilson

Is this for real???
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=762466
http://www.galatasaray.org/index.php

tuftman

I just read this on goal and came here to start the thread.........So he gets beaten up in the Premier League resulting in massive injury issues. Roma and Serie A come knocking, the slower pace and less of an emphasise on physicality means that he would be relatively injury free...... So instead he signs for Galatasaray(sounds like a desert of some sought) where its physical, hot and psychotic fans constantly putting on the pressure. Why indeed?

W

Wilson

Something does not seem right...why and how could he move his entire family over to Turkey...
not a good decision, unless he is moving there for a year then heading to italy the following year, which heaps of players do !!

W

Wilson

Yeah they get off contract platers sign them to three year deals them sell them off!!!
Hoping that they will play well

midfielder

Caught me off guard .. Galatasaray a top side champions league and so on ..

Galayasaray home page looks OK with Harry on front so they seem sure they have him.

http://www.galatasaray.org/images/giris/4444__splash_KewellGSDA1.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3772590,00.html

Galatasaray announce deal for ex-Leeds and Liverpool winger

3rd July 2008

Kewell: Off to Turkey

Turkish champions Galatasaray have announced the signing of former Liverpool attacker Harry Kewell on a three-year contract.

Kewell had been available on a free transfer after not being offered a new deal at Anfield following five injury-plagued seasons with the club.

Portsmouth had been linked with a bid to keep the Australian in the Premier League, while Roma had been tipped to sign the 29-year-old.

The former Leeds United star had been coy regarding the rumours of a move to Italian giants Roma when quizzed on his future last month.

However, Kewell has now decided to head for Turkey after Galatasaray confirmed the signing on the club's official website.

The winger played against Galatasaray during his Leeds career when he was sent off in the Uefa Cup semi-final second leg in 2000.

Liverpool also met Galatasaray during the group phase of the UEFA Champions League in 2006/07, although Kewell missed both matches due to injury.

serious14

Omg, lyke, he's off to play with the effniks, let's all write off the decision as stupid......

Seriously, what is wrong with this move??  They're playing Champions League football, their fans are amazing, and Harry maybe felt like a challenge after spending most of the last 4 years on the bench.  I'd have been more disappointed if he'd ended up in the slower paced Serie A - that would have been the easy way out.

Kudos to you Harry, and I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing more coverage over here of the Turkish League as a result.  Can't wait to read his first interview after his first Galatasaray/Fenerbache game.    ;D ;D ;D

W

Wilson

I already started this thread....What are the moderators getting paid for

bulldogmariner

Good move for Harry i think he will fit into the turkish league.
It is a technical league without the pace of the EPL perfect for HArry to continuse his career.
Wish Harry all the Best

W

Wilson

Oh Dibo..Thats not very nice at all..As for biting you sorry I just ate..
But I am just going to swing my arm around and around in circles and if you walk into it its not my fault!!!

Bear

Wilson said:
But I am just going to swing my arm around and around in circles and if you walk into it its not my fault!!!

What the f**k are you on about boy?

W

Wilson

dibo said:
Wilson said:
I already started this thread....What are the moderators getting paid for

we're not, so bite me.
Bearinator said:
Wilson said:

What the f**k are you on about boy?

Bear

Its still got f**k all to do with the story, so anyway....

I think, if he can be injury free, its a great move for Harry. 3 years, he will be 32 when his contract is up, still good and young enough to come home and carve our wonderful league for another 4-5 years.

serious14

Wilson said:

literecy-cat.jpg

Sad thing about Harry back in the A-League whenever, is that he'll end up nowhere but Sydney.  FFA will see to that.

Sacko

With his form and fitness the past 3 seasons he may have only had 1 real offer - in any case at this stage of his career signing for a club that is a chance for a medal domestically and run in the CL on paper it seems a good move.
However there are several EPL players who have gone to Turkey and really not fitted in - but hey if likes a late night lamb sandwich he'll be fine! :innocent:     

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred