• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Harry signs with Galatasaray

marinersman

MattSimon said:
OK the kebab thing was a bit ridic but it does raise a serious question. Harry has only played EPL in his entire overseas career, will he be able to make the cultural adjustment to Turkey?

People often make the claim that other Aussies have been there done that, but take a closer look:
- Skoko himself said he struggled a lot in his years in Turkey.
- Carle didn't last long at all.
- Sterjovski moved to England after only a year with Genlerbirliği mainly due to his family not adjusting well.

However, Petkovic has been in Turkey for ages and seems to be going great guns.

Fair question Matty and you cited some good examples. Will be interesting, won't it?

loyalist

the other boys were all in a more conservative part of turkey ( i think)
while kewell will be in istanbul which is more of a western city

tuftman

centralcoastyouth said:
the other boys were all in a more conservative part of turkey ( i think)
while kewell will be in istanbul which is more of a western city
damn this just turned into a geography lesson......He should be right he has lived Merseyside(hint:its the equivalent of living in Scum territory) after all

Kareem

Bearinator said:
Shut up ca-ream
1) u shutup you good for nothing tosser! do sopemthing worthwhile with ur time!
Bearinator said:
taylor said:
Stop calling everyone losers and idiots mate. We aren't in primary school =]

He is lol
2) see previous point!
I am amazed someone with the low level of intelligence such as yourself is able to use a keyboard!
You know what the sad thing is abouit such a moron like you??? people like Serious...they actually right partially though out comments that comprises of mainly an argument with the addition of an insult occasionally...
You? dont even bother- u repeatedly have 1 liner insults towards me...grow up- u may think insults make u big but it doesnt- it just makes you a coward!

tuftman

Kareem i can see ur point, but to then insult someone with the keyboard thing is soughta making everything u said previously kinda null and void which leaves us back at square one

dru

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Shut up ca-ream
1) u You shutup shut up you good for nothing tosser! do sopemthing something worthwhile with ur your time!
Bearinator said:
taylor said:

He is lol
2) see previous point!
I am amazed someone with the low level of intelligence such as yourself is able to use a keyboard!
You know what the sad thing is abouit about such a moron like you??? people like Serious...they actually right write partially though thought out comments that comprises of mainly an argument with the addition of an insult occasionally...
You? dont even bother- u you repeatedly have 1 liner insults towards me...grow up- u may think insults make u you big but it doesnt doesn't - it just makes you a coward!

MattSimon

Kareem plays for the mighty Ourimbah United, a proud club whose green grasses provided the playing fields of my younger years.

So I say, damn it, Kareem is ok by me.

Jesus

Jesus
Harry's Message To Unhappy Leeds Fans
5 Comments    Email    Print 

Copyright Getty Images
RELATED COVERAGE

Kilkenny Hails Macca's Role
Leeds Fans Not Happy At Move
Kewell Out To Repay The Faith
Kewell Relishing Turkish Challenge
Lucas Linked With Galatasaray
Staff Writer
Jul 7 2008 21:15
Get more on: kewell | galatasaray | leeds
HARRY Kewell has hit back at Leeds United fans unhappy with his decision to join Turkish champions Galatasaray.
Kewell was part of the Leeds United which played the Turks in the UEFA Cup semi-final in 2000. Two Leeds fans were killed in Istanbul before the game, leaving some Leeds fans incensed at Kewell's decision to join the club.

The Socceroos skipper has issued a statement to put across his side of the story.

His statement in full is as follows:

To all Leeds Utd Football Club supporters,

My love and respect for Leeds Utd FC and what the club has done for me will never change, no matter what anyone says about me and whatever their motives are.

My sense of sorrow and sympathy for the families and friends of Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight will always be with me. I chose the number 19 team shirt when I signed for Galatasary as a sign of respect for Leeds because that was the number I got when I became a regular member of the Leeds Utd starting 11.

I felt that it might be a way to demonstrate that I had not forgotten where it all started and I was hoping that in a small way it would help the healing process of the tragedy that occurred on 5th April 2000.

For me, sport should first and foremost be about the love of your game. But equally important is the respect for not only your teammates but all those who you compete against. For this reason I have always objected to any form of discrimination in any sport and football in particular, as that is the sport that is the most near and dear to me.

To blame the Galatasaray club for the tragedy in Istanbul is simply wrong and discriminatory. This is a club founded in 1905 that has a proud history of striving for sporting excellence and it should be given the same respect as any other football club.

I respect everyones right to have their own opinion on whatever they like but that does not make their opinion right. No-one has to agree with my views or my choices but I think its only fair and reasonable to allow me and my family to enjoy the same democratic rights as demanded by those that have been attacking me over the last few days.

Bear

Kareem said:
Bearinator said:
Shut up ca-ream
1) u shutup you good for nothing tosser! do sopemthing worthwhile with ur time!
Bearinator said:
taylor said:

He is lol
2) see previous point!
You know what the sad thing is abouit such a moron like you??? people like Serious...they actually right partially though out comments that comprises of mainly an argument with the addition of an insult occasionally...
You? dont even bother- u repeatedly have 1 liner insults towards me...grow up- u may think insults make u big but it doesnt- it just makes you a coward!
Kareem said:
sure no CL, but Premier League, mid table is better than CL and the Turkish league- no offence!

You, on a regular basis, call people who are grown adults losers, tossers, idiots, and stupid, yet you bag out my stabbs at you  :-\  Its quite clear you live in a fantasy world, where everyone elses opinion means nothing to you anyway, so when you come up with classic pieces of wisdom such as the quote above, I dont care what you say, you deserve all the shit you obviously get off people on here

Every time you come on here, its dribble, followed by more dribble, about how what you said was better than what someone else said, and how your right, and everyone else is wrong. Bag out my 1 liners that are directed at you, but is there really anything else that needs to be said about you other than lol?

Bear

taylor said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23985783-23215,00.html

Good on him for doing that. He didnt have to, he could have just said get over it, at least he has done this. I hope the leeds fans cut him a break now.

hasbeen

Bearinator said:
taylor said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23985783-23215,00.html

Good on him for doing that. He didnt have to, he could have just said get over it, at least he has done this. I hope the leeds fans cut him a break now.

If you think Harry's bleeding heart letter will cut it with the Leeds fans have a look at the WACCOE website / general discussion / Kewell thread.

Jesus

Jesus
No one cares, it is more than the leeds fans deserved or would have got from most players. Anyone who disagrees with antyhing in kewells letter, regarding respect, disrcimination, or any of it is a fool.

tuftman

Jesus said:
No one cares, it is more than the leeds fans deserved or would have got from most players. Anyone who disagrees with antyhing in kewells letter, regarding respect, disrcimination, or any of it is a fool.
Well put, I couldnt see Viduka or Woodgate or someone writing an open letter to the fans if they signed for Galatasaray. For all the stick that Kewell gets he has been nothing but honest in this whole affair

marinermick

Warning to all:

Stick to the facts and arguments. Years of life experience has taught me that if anyone has to resort to name calling then they are obviously losing the debate and not intelligent to articulate their thoughts adequately.

This thread has degenerated and subsequently the next person who makes a personal attack with spend some time on the sidelines.

clarence

I like Kewell's open letter to Leeds fans, but I doubt it will soften any thoughts folks have of him there.

One good fact about him signing for a Turkish club is that he gets to play in hot conditions more regularly and is closer to Asia when National Duty calls. And quite close to Uzbekistan!

I can understand Leeds' fans being upset over his decision to join Galatasaray, but he is a professional player and unless Leeds themselves were prepared to offer him a better or equal deal, then they can't say too much about his decision to continue his career at a top level. He's been away from Leeds for how long?

S

soccersensei

Fantastic letter. Nice to see his agent earning his crust ;)
But seriously, a big classy well done to Harry is deserved I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred